Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

The state of Georgia does the same thing. My brother is a private attorney there (and doesn’t even currently work in criminal law — although he used to work for the US Attorney General) and he’s had to serve as a public defender in the past. If the court has more cases than the current public defender’s office can handle, all members of the Georgia Bar are subject to being assigned to handle the case. The court essentially goes down the list and assigns them on a rotation.
In DC it's a bit different in that in addition to the PDs office there are criminal defense attorneys who essentially sign-up on any given day and are assigned clients who are arraigned that particular day who do not have an attorney already. The courts simply go down the list as each case comes up and whenever they get to the end of the list they start over again. The accused will provide financial info and it is determined what percentage (if any) they must pay toward the attorneys fees with the rest paid by DC (unless its a pro bono situation). If an attorney is already representing someone in an ongoing case then they automatically get assigned to represent them in any new cases.

There are instances where a particularly difficult case (certain murders, a large number of co-defendants, etc) will get assigned to a very inexperienced attorney and the court may request a more experienced attorney take over or act as co-counsel. Not sure how official those requests are, just that they do happen.

I do believe the prosecution team will seek the death penalty. I would also expect this DA will have plenty of help outside of his county. Other experienced prosecution attorneys will be added to this DA’s team as special prosecutors/assistants imo. These cases are going to be far too extensive, lengthy, and complex for one small county DA to handle alone. The amount of work these 5 trials will create will be mind boggling. Additional office assistants, legal clerks, etc, will need to be hired. I’m sure the DA’s office is working nonstop to prepare for criminals’ May 15th pre-preliminary hearings (status conferences). It will be interesting to watch this progress. I pray the families of the young mothers have lots of support during these trials.
Just my speculation and MOO

Last edited:
If these 5 defendants end up having Capital cases then they might need death qualified attorneys.
I agree. But.... as death penalty cases have gotten rarer, there might not be alot of available attorneys with experience in actual death penalty cases.

Thus, I am thinking that a qualified capital attorney might be defined as: If you have handled LWOP, or say 20 years to life type cases, then you are qualified for a death penalty case.

In the end, the defendants are only guaranteed competent attorneys. They are not guaranteed superlative attorneys in regards to death penalty experience.

I agree. But.... as death penalty cases have gotten rarer, there might not be alot of available attorneys with experience in actual death penalty cases.

Thus, I am thinking that a qualified capital attorney might be defined as: If you have handled LWOP, or say 20 years to life type cases, then you are qualified for a death penalty case.

In the end, the defendants are only guaranteed competent attorneys. They are not guaranteed superlative attorneys in regards to death penalty experience.

Depends on State law. I follow capital cases where the defendants are indigent but by law must be represented by at least one death qualified attorney. They have to go across the state to find them sometimes.

To be death qualified the attorney must take some classes/training and get certified.

2 Cents

The original REQUEST FOR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR WITHHOLDING MEDICAL EXAMINER REPORTS was filed on 5/2, in each case. On 5/6, an AMENDED REQUEST FOR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR WITHHOLDING MEDICAL EXAMINER REPORTS was filed. also in each case.

Any idea what was amended?

Tifany: OSCN Case Details

Tad: OSCN Case Details

Cole: OSCN Case Details

Cora: OSCN Case Details

Grice: OSCN Case Details
Not having access to the Court Clerk’s records is a pain in the (redacted). MOO
I’ll snoop see what I can find….
MOO

I noted that, too, and can't imagine where Rachel Clark came up with that unless investigators shared a detail with her that hasn't been included in other reports or the AAs.
I think many of the reporters on this story have worked really hard to pick up as many details and sources as possible. In the same link, I don't recall reading elsewhere that that TC had worked on the pasture late at night on Friday 3/29-- possibly up to the early hours (Sat).

The original REQUEST FOR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR WITHHOLDING MEDICAL EXAMINER REPORTS was filed on 5/2, in each case. On 5/6, an AMENDED REQUEST FOR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR WITHHOLDING MEDICAL EXAMINER REPORTS was filed. also in each case.

Any idea what was amended?

Tifany: OSCN Case Details

Tad: OSCN Case Details

Cole: OSCN Case Details

Cora: OSCN Case Details

Grice: OSCN Case Details

Perhaps the petitioner cited the incorrect specification or date.

My understanding is the report becomes public after 10 business days unless suppression of the report is extended.

If an extension granted, the initial extension is 6 months but can be extended not to exceed 4 years and 6 months.

New lawsuit filed against the Twomblys, non payment of unsecured debt, Boise City Farmers Coop. I would guess we’ll see quite a few of these in the coming months with all 5 of the accused/charged murderers.

Attachments

• IMG_4108.jpeg
    IMG_4108.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4109.jpeg
    IMG_4109.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4110.jpeg
    IMG_4110.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 52
possibly in order to keep it being disseminated to those not currently charged while keeping the door open to gather evidence and charge others who may have been peripherally involved?
Exactly my thoughts. Also, if they bring someone in for further questioning, they don’t want them to have the knowledge that LE has so LE can tell if they are being truthful.

New lawsuit filed against the Twomblys, non payment of unsecured debt, Boise City Farmers Coop. I would guess we’ll see quite a few of these in the coming months with all 5 of the accused/charged murderers.
Interesting information maybe related to the interview of a neighbor on NN about CT and how CT was always about money. IMO farming or ranching is expensive and the dollar amounts don't appear to be out of line but we don't know the aging of the accounts. There may be other bank loans that will appear later but then again we don't really know what these type of people and their shenanigans could entail. Money problems might explain the participation by the Tromblys.
I agree this lawsuit will be one of many against the perps. JMO

Interesting information maybe related to the interview of a neighbor on NN about CT and how CT was always about money. IMO farming or ranching is expensive and the dollar amounts don't appear to be out of line but we don't know the aging of the accounts. There may be other bank loans that will appear later but then again we don't really know what these type of people and their shenanigans could entail. Money problems might explain the participation by the Tromblys.
I agree this lawsuit will be one of many against the perps. JMO

If businesses are already filing lawsuits when the defendants haven't been in jail a month, I suspect because anyone who loaned money to them knows the defendants are not making an income now and could move their assets to family and have civil judgements placed against them....Frozen bank accounts, leins....

In other words they need to hurry - fast - to try to recoup their losses....Before all the money is gone and their farms and businesses liquidated.

2 Cents

OK. Standards for Appt of Counsel in DP cases

At American Bar Assoc'n website:
"State Appointment Standards"
"State-by-state information about standards for appointment of counsel in death penalty cases (last updated May 2023)"
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/committees/death_penalty_representation/resources/guidelines/

Also from the ABA website---
"Oklahoma:
"The Oklahoma Indigent Defense System’s capital trial counsel application form, available at
Oklahoma Indigent Defense System (047), provides that:
"The Oklahoma indigent defense system board has adopted the American Bar Association
Guidelines for the Appointment and Performance of Counsel in Death Penalty Cases. This application and questionnaire is designed to facilitate the determination of whether an
attorney possesses the minimum necessary qualifications under those guidelines to be
included on the roster of attorneys who are willing to accept appointments as either lead
counsel or co-counsel to represent an indigent defendant at the trial level in capital murder cases.
"This language is particularly relevant because the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System has the statutory authority to set standards for the qualifications of counsel in capital cases. See Okla. Stat. §§ 22-1355.1through 22-1355.7."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
OK. has 11 page questionnaire for atty to complete, to be considered for apptmt. in DP cases.
"OKLAHOMA INDIGENT DEFENSE SYSTEM"
"PLEASE NOTE: THE OKLAHOMA INDIGENT DEFENSE SYSTEM BOARD HAS ADOPTED THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION GUIDELINES FOR THE APPOINTMENT AND PERFORMANCE OF COUNSEL IN DEATH PENALTY CASES....MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS UNDER THOSE GUIDELINES TO BE INCLUDED ON THE ROSTER OF ATTORNEYS WHO ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT APPOINTMENTS AS EITHER LEAD COUNSEL OR CO-COUNSEL TO REPRESENT AN INDIGENT DEFENDANT AT THE TRIAL LEVEL IN CAPITAL MURDER CASES.
PLEASE RETURN THE COMPETED APPLICATION, A CURRENT RESUME,
A COPY OF YOUR OBA CARD, AND
COPY OF YOUR PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY AND
A LIST OF THE COUNTIES FROM WHICH AN APPOINTMENT WOULD BE ACCEPTED...
MAILED TO ...
"IF SEEKING QUALIFICATION UNDER THE ALTERNATIVE PROCEDURES, IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, PLEASE PROVIDE A BRIEF STATEMENT OF YOUR CRIMINAL EXPERIENCE AND THE NAMES, ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF AT LEAST THREE REFERENCES.
THE REFERENCES SHOULD INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE JUDGE THE ATTORNEY HAS PRACTICED BEFORE AND AN ATTORNEY WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THE APPLICANT'S ABILITIES AS A TRIAL ATTORNEY."

^ the header to OK. atty questionnaire.
(sorry for the caps, but they are in the original source. I snipped some text, added a few line breaks)

Last edited:
ABA National Guidelines for Counsel in DP cases

At page 7 of 178 page pub., adopted in 2003:
"A. The objective of these Guidelines is to set forth a national standard of practice for the defense of capital cases in order to ensure high quality legal representation for all persons facing the possible imposition or execution of a death sentence by any jurisdiction.
"B. These Guidelines apply from the moment the client is taken into custody and extend to all stages of every case in which the jurisdiction may be entitled to seek the death penalty, including initial and ongoing investigation, pretrial proceedings, trial, postconviction review, clemency proceedings and any connected litigation."

In 2008 ABA adopted ---
"SUPPLEMENTARY GUIDELINES FOR THE
MITIGATION FUNCTION OF DEFENSE TEAMS IN
DEATH PENALTY CASES"

:) Welcoming any corrections or updates I may have missed. :)

Wait. Have the babysitters been arrested. I've been away for personal reasons (my little butterfly mum passed) I just saw this posted on the Facebook but not sure approvable source.

Why would the babysitters be arrested?

It is not their responsibility what Tiffany Adams did when the children were in the care of the sitters.

Anyone with knowledge of the crime that was about to take place that day who intentionally assisted in some way, even if they weren’t present, could be charged with Accessory to Murder.

“According to Alabama law, someone can be found guilty of being an accessory to a crime only if they assist another “with the intent to promote or assist the commission of the offense.”

Anyone with knowledge of the crime that was about to take place that day who intentionally assisted in some way, even if they weren’t present, could be charged with Accessory to Murder.

“According to Alabama law, someone can be found guilty of being an accessory to a crime only if they assist another “with the intent to promote or assist the commission of the offense.”
There is no accessory before the fact in Oklahoma.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back