OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSBI INVESTIGATES SUSPICIOUS DISAPPEARANCE CASE IN TEXAS COUNTY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
MARCH 31, 2024

TEXAS COUNTY, OK – On March 30, 2024, the Texas County Sheriff's Department requested the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation to investigate the suspicious disappearance of 27-year-old Veronica Butler and 39-year-old Jilian Kelley.

Their vehicle was found abandoned near Highway 95 and Road L, south of Elkhart, Kansas, in rural Texas County. OSBI special agents, along with local law enforcement agencies, are currently working to locate these individuals. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact the OSBI at tips@osbi.ok.gov or 1-800-522-8017. This is still an ongoing investigation.

The OSBI would like to thank the Texas County Sheriff’s Office, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, and several other local agencies for assisting us with this case.

We are "Protecting Oklahoma one Partnership at a time.”
#OSBI #OneTeamOneMission

Not liking this -- what happened to those women? Hoping they are still together and that they are okay, but it is very worrisome.
Abandoned their car... Why? I can't see them running out of gas. Did something go wrong with the car and it wouldn't run? Surely each, or certainly one of them, had cell phones.
I'm trying not to be negative, but this just doesn't look good. SMH.

Not liking this -- what happened to those women? Hoping they are still together and that they are okay, but it is very worrisome.
Abandoned their car... Why? I can't see them running out of gas. Did something go wrong with the car and it wouldn't run? Surely each, or certainly one of them, had cell phones.
I'm trying not to be negative, but this just doesn't look good. SMH.
Yes, don't understand the lack of urgency, community involvement etc. It is worrying. I hope they are okay.

I hope one of them had a phone with them, and the authorities are trying to locate pings. IMO, I don't think this will have a good outcome. I'd like to know more details about who the children are with and the reason behind getting a supervised visit. Was this her first planned supervised visit? Tight-lipped law makes me think they know more than they can tell and are working hard to solve this.

I hope one of them had a phone with them, and the authorities are trying to locate pings.
I had the same thought- and possibly even easier to access, surely there is at least one family member or friend of either woman who has location access or some sort of digital clue as to their last movement or location. Although, you’d think if there were some clue about last location aside from where the car was found, this would be included in the missing person bulletin.

I hope one of them had a phone with them, and the authorities are trying to locate pings. IMO, I don't think this will have a good outcome. I'd like to know more details about who the children are with and the reason behind getting a supervised visit. Was this her first planned supervised visit? Tight-lipped law makes me think they know more than they can tell and are working hard to solve this.
bbm
Hoping you are right. As usual, we just don't know enuff, I'm guessing. Still hoping this will turn out well.

Just had another thought- it’s definitely possible, as rural as this area appears on google maps, that cell service is spotty at best. That would certainly make things much more difficult in terms of digital clues.

There’s nothing out there! I wonder if there was any damage to the vehicle? Was the car abandoned by the women or someone else? It seems like the ideal location to abandon a car, no ring cams for miles. Are there any traffic cams? So many ???
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members