OK - Vincent LeCompte for rape of 6yo girl, Muskogee, 2006

This judge would be a good one for Nancy Grace to feature on her show!

The judge has the right to reject the terms of any plea bargain, right? The judge could have said "no - I insist on jail time for this." It is up to the judge to see to it that justice is administered, not the DA.

I think it would help the child if she knew that this man was in prison and could never hurt her again. She's already afraid he's going to come to her school.

If someone raped my child, I don't care if it's a grandfather, father, son, brother, uncles, whatever, I would want them either in jail for the rest of their life or dead.

I think it would help the child if she knew that this man was in prison and could never hurt her again. She's already afraid he's going to come to her school.

If someone raped my child, I don't care if it's a grandfather, father, son, brother, uncles, whatever, I would want them either in jail for the rest of their life or dead.

my daughter was molested when she was 5/6 by a family friend. i had him arrested as soon as i found out what was going on. LE had to talk with my daughter and i had to go to a hearing. my daughter was old enough to know what was going on though didn't understand everything. while i made sure she knew she did nothing wrong that what HE did was wrong. when she knew i was trying to put him in jail she felt guilty that she was the cause of this. i assured her it wasn't her actions but HIS that caused it but this was a family friend and she did love him dearly...he definitely groomed her. its hard you want to do what is right but you also want to make sure the child doesn't feel like its her fault. i was lucky to have caught it before it escalated to what this poor girl went thru. and she did receive counseling. but even today (she's 32) a part of her feels bad about being the reason he was put in jail. he only got 14 months!! a slap on the hand. i know i didn't feel justice was served!! i can't imagine this family's emotions.

Did anyone READ What I wrote ?

Sorry Jane, I just did.
Sometimes I read the article and then post. SOB is the Grandfather, I figured it was a relative!

Yeah I know of a similar family, back in early 1990's in Canada. Most of the grandkids were being molested. The family kept saying things like "oh Granddad means well" "He's just being silly" "He doesn't know any better" "Oh he did that to all of us". HUH????

This family I speak of, 3 of the granddad's male children... when they grew up and the Granddad eventually did all end up behind bars. They 'grew' child molesters and they were very accepting that it was just something Granddad did.

2 of the grandchildren refused to testify and 2 other grandkids did testify.

Guess which 2 kids were never welcome back into that family ever again. I knew this family and I still know these 2 unwelcomed children. :(

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. EVER. :furious:

This is Bull! It's only a matter or time before this sick does this again. What the hell is wrong with the justice system? It seems so lax on SOs. A six year old should not have sex let alone be repeatedly raped! He could have very well hurt her insides. From what I've seen and heard probation is only good for monitoring people addicted to drugs. The only way to monitor this sicko is to have a camera on him 24/7. I wish he would've been sentenced to LWOP.

Happy was not the right word for me to use, txsvcki. This is what the article stated:

"We met with the family in this matter and the support group for this little girl," Moore (DA) told NewsChannel 8 in an interview Friday. "They were all in favor of this particular sentence."

The girl's mother says her daughter is traumatized and is in counseling.

So the family was supportive of the sentence.

The article also says this poor child has testified 3 times and each time is like being raped again. Maybe the child and her family just didn't have the strength left to get through the sentencing part of the trial?

I'm sure this poor baby will sleep well at night knowing this monster is still living in his house, probably somewhere close by.:(

I think it is time to start a movement to get the judge disbarred and this *advertiser censored*. DA fired - personally. This is horrifying.

The admits what he did - end of story. He should be locked up - no ifs, ands or buts. In my mind there is no gray area here.

Salem

The fact that this was her grandfather only makes it worse. AND the judge should have been more discerning in allowing such a deal. Sometimes the family needs help protecting themselves because of the family issues. Not to mention, this judge has the responsibility of protecting the public. S/he failed to protect the child and has failed to protect the public. The judge needs to be disbarred, no question about it. And the DA has to go.

This is like the sentences all the SO get in MA - very, very sad.

I can't find any place where it says the grandfather is the rapist. Can someone point me to the link please?

This whole thing is a disgrace. It gives the impression that if a person just admits their guilt they are then sent on their way. It is sickening. And if it is the grandfather I think it makes it 10 times worse. A grandfather is someone that a child loves, trusts, and looks up to. That a grandfather could rape his grandchild is so horrible. He should be taken out in the town square and hung in front of the whole community. That is what he deserves.

If this monster would rape his own granddaughter you can bet she wasn't the first one he has done this to and she won't be the last. If my dad had ever laid a hand on one of my daughters I would have killed him. Just the thought of a grandfather doing that to his granddaughter makes me want to throwup.

Why did this little girl have to testify three times and they hadn't even been to trial? I can understand her parents not wanting to put her through anymore trauma but darn :furious: The little girl would surly feel a lot safer with him in prison. And what in the world is wrong with the Pros for suggesting probation and the judge for going along with it...are they insane :furious:

someone caught with a little bit of weed gets more time i don't understand.

Would you be satisfied with a death sentence in a case where the family of the victim said they were satisfied with it?

No - I was just surprised at their statement in the first article and I felt like the family's statement meant there was more to this case than we were seeing. There seems to be - with the offender being the grandfather. Also, I feel like, as SS pointed out, the family just didn't want her to have to testify again.

In the later article that JaneinOz posted, there is more clarification with what the mother told the Judge.

I can't find any place where it says the grandfather is the rapist. Can someone point me to the link please?
This whole thing is a disgrace. It gives the impression that if a person just admits their guilt they are then sent on their way. It is sickening. And if it is the grandfather I think it makes it 10 times worse. A grandfather is someone that a child loves, trusts, and looks up to. That a grandfather could rape his grandchild is so horrible. He should be taken out in the town square and hung in front of the whole community. That is what he deserves.

If this monster would rape his own granddaughter you can bet she wasn't the first one he has done this to and she won't be the last. If my dad had ever laid a hand on one of my daughters I would have killed him. Just the thought of a grandfather doing that to his granddaughter makes me want to throwup.

Why did this little girl have to testify three times and they hadn't even been to trial? I can understand her parents not wanting to put her through anymore trauma but darn :furious: The little girl would surly feel a lot safer with him in prison. And what in the world is wrong with the Pros for suggesting probation and the judge for going along with it...are they insane :furious:

Jane had it in her post.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_089011658.html

This whole thing is a disgrace. It gives the impression that if a person just admits their guilt they are then sent on their way. It is sickening. And if it is the grandfather I think it makes it 10 times worse.
A grandfather is someone that a child loves, trusts, and looks up to.
That a grandfather could rape his grandchild is so horrible.

He should be taken out in the town square and hung in front of the whole community. That is what he deserves.

If this monster would rape his own granddaughter you can bet she wasn't the first one he has done this to and she won't be the last.
If my dad had ever laid a hand on one of my daughters I would have killed him.
Just the thought of a grandfather doing that to his granddaughter makes me want to throw-up.

Why did this little girl have to testify three times and they hadn't even been to trial? I can understand her parents not wanting to put her through anymore trauma but darn :furious: The little girl would surly feel a lot safer with him in prison. And what in the world is wrong with the Pros for suggesting probation and the judge for going along with it...are they insane :furious:...

Bobbi, I agree!
A rapist/molester is a rapist regardless of their name, whether it's a grandfather, father, Priest, teacher, coach, scout leader, family friend, they are all sick monsters...and the courts should recognize they can't be cured...imo

In my state A cruelty to animals charge or someone caught with a 'joint', gets a person more time than a child molester!..:sick:

This whole thing is a disgrace. It gives the impression that if a person just admits their guilt they are then sent on their way. It is sickening. And if it is the grandfather I think it makes it 10 times worse.
Sadly, the term "remorse" has become the "buzzword" in the criminal justice system for those facing prosecution as well as those serving time and applying for parole. Even though it is doubtful most of these predators can spell the word, much less truly understand the essence of its meaning. After all, if they did, they would not have harmed a child, or anyone else, for that matter, in the first place. As far as him being the grandfather? Imo, he gave up the privilege of wearing that sacred title the minute he decided to abuse a child.

Btw, and as an aside, several years ago a friend of mine's 5-year-old daughter was molested by her maternal grandfather. Her mother reported him to DFS on a Friday, and they paid him a visit (though, he was not arrested). The following monday, he wrote both of his adult children out of his will, and shot himself. Some proffered he felt remorse, hence, the reason he took his life. I am of the opinion that he was a cowardly sack of... well, you know... who, even in his death, struck out at his flesh and blood. As it turned out, he had abused the little girl's mother at around the same age, but it was not until he abused her daughter that she recalled her own abuse at the hands of her father (and I use that term, lightly). Considering the time that passed between the mother's abuse and the daughter's abuse, who knows how many other children were abused.

Even though the aforementioned is but an anecdotal case, to me, it highlights the need for us, as a society, to focus on the danger these predators pose, rather than concern ourselves with retribution. After all, the danger posed to not only our children but society at large is, imho, a strong argument for life without parole, at the very least.

It's time to give the victims a true chance to heal, rather than retraumatizing them in the judicial process while coddling the offender.

.......Even though the aforementioned is but an anecdotal case, to me, it highlights the need for us, as a society, to focus on the danger these predators pose, rather than concern ourselves with retribution. After all, the danger posed to not only our children but society at large is, imho, a strong argument for life without parole, at the very least......
(snipped for length)

Great post, shadowraiths - I especially agree with the part I underlined. Retribution doesn't concern me much because there is no real way we can get retribution in a case like this. What matters more is keeping these offenders away from other children.

In my post on page one you will see a link and its on there - here you go http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_089011658.html

:)

Looking at it from a parents point of view, I have to say that I can understand their acceptance, and it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he was the grandfather.

First they find out their child has been harmed by rape. Then they have to help their daughter to tell police officers what happened and encourage her to answer their questions. It sounds like she also had to go identify her rapist. Then she had to testify... not once, not twice but 3 times. She had to tell what happened to her over and over to police, to strangers, and she finally had to tell it in front of him. The justice system doesn't go easy on a victim, not even a child victim. After a point I would guess that you just want to get it over, to keep her off the stand and allow her to get past it.

The prosecution is talking about the 'stringent' conditions this SO will be living under? Basically she is saying he will be on the sex offender list. That is all. Heck, he doesn't even have to submit to the ineffective classes.

Meanwhile this girl will be remembering what happened to her, what makes her feel different from the other little girls she plays with, she will feel like she has this 'secret' to the point that she will feel like it is her secret, not his, her crime not his. And all the while she will be afraid that he will come back and get her again.

If this was the child's grandfather then there's always the possibility that the abused one of the child's parents (they didn't say whether it was a maternal or paternal grandfather). Maybe that has something to do with the parents being okay with his sentence.

If this was the child's grandfather then there's always the possibility that the abused one of the child's parents (they didn't say whether it was a maternal or paternal grandfather). Maybe that has something to do with the parents being okay with his sentence.

Ok just so that everyone kinda understands this a bit better, they didnt "okay" the sentence

As per the article I posted here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3455331&postcount=15

The girl has had to testify against LeCompte three times, including his preliminary hearing, she said.

“For her, it’s like being raped all over again — which was a huge consideration for us,” Otteson said. “She has to be our concern.”

The mother of the victim read a victim impact statement and told the court her daughter was the brunt of “this sick individual’s abuse. Vincent LeCompte stole my daughter’s innocence, her childhood and her trust. He took advantage of her, and she will have to deal with this the rest of her life.”

In the statement, the mother said she would go into detail, but it would make the court sick.

“Mentally, she has developed problems due to the trauma she was put through. In her mind, she knows that he will one day try to hurt her again,” the statement says. “Emotionally, she has been drained by having to talk to so many people, even having to face him. To identify him devastated her — she even freaks out at school — she thinks he is coming after her.”

The mother said her daughter sees a counselor every week to help her try to deal with the tragedy LeCompte bestowed in her life.

She told the judge LeCompte thought he would not be punished hard for what he did.

“He deserves more than what he is getting here today — but he will reap what he sowed. May God have mercy upon this sad man, and I can only pray he never hurts anyone else again.”

She said if it weren’t for the victim being a minor who has already been traumatized, “we would seek imprisonment for this sick man — without question.”

:furious: WTH?! I can't fathom how they feel this is JUSTICE being served for this poor little girl!! What are these people doing in this state?! I am disgusted and fed up with this kind of sentence being handed out to these scumbags time after time!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious:

Muskogee - A child rapist has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to raping a six-year-old girl.

Forty-four-year-old Vincent Martin LeCompte was charged with felony first-degree rape. As part of a plea agreement, LeCompte was handed a 20-year suspended sentence.

"We feel that justice has been served," Adair County Assistant District Attorney Shannon Otteson told the Muskogee Phoenix. "The defendant admitted what he did and will serve under very, very stringent rules and restrictions of probation."

Otteson says the victim had testified previously three times and that it was like being raped all over again. She says under the terms of his probation, LeCompte will be required to undergo sex offender treatment and he will be restricted on where he can live and work for the next 20 years.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0309/603499.html (Bolded by me)

They didn't use the picture of the actual offender.
and:
Otteson was prosecuting the case because the District Attorney in Muskogee County had a conflict of interest with the defense attorney in the case.

Jerry Moore is the District Attorney for District 27, which covers Adair, Cherokee, Sequoyah and Wagoner counties

This guy is probably related to the district attorney, or some other judicial officer, or LE.
That's how you can get away with anything. that's my opinion. This offender is 42 years old? He has most likely offended in the past and will again in the future. The 6 year old girl had to testify 3 times!!!!!!!!!!
That is a crime in itself. How many times does the defendant have a right to face his accuser? She must have been a very reliable witness for them to not be able to shake her. LE, DAs, and Judges should be held accountable for their lack of justice. They should be able to be sued. The immunity they have lets them get away with stuff like this. jmoo

Has anyone read anything Ive posted ? im beginning to think everyone has me on their ignore list :(

I just posted all of that the other day yosande :(

ITs on the first page

Has anyone read anything Ive posted ? im beginning to think everyone has me on their ignore list :(

I just posted all of that the other day yosande :(

ITs on the first page
JaneInOz, I highly doubt anyone has you on ignore. Sometimes people respond to the first couple of posts of a thread without reading through, bc the nature of the crime is so extremely appalling they feel compelled to immediately express their outrage. And larger threads are even tougher to keep up with, so you will quite often see repetitive material posted by several individuals. Though, I'm sure people do not keep track of who posted what first. After all, these discussions are about the victims, not the posters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back