One person can have two sets of DNA.

they'll get you

Reaction score
One person born with two sets of DNA (a chimera)

The most extreme type of chimerism occurs when a twin dies early onin utero, explains Melissa Parisi, a pediatric researcher with the U.S. National Institutes of Health. In a move that's both bizarre and logical, the surviving twin acquires some of the dead embryo's chromosomes, ending up with two distinct and separate sets of genes.

In real life, the most well-known case is probably that of Lydia Fairchild, who nearly lost custody of her children when DNA testing "proved" she wasn't related to them. Fortunately, doctors eventually determined that she had a second set of DNA that matched.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_strang...-born-with-two-sets-of-dna-a-chim_10364937.bc

DNA isn’t 100% foolproof.

Lydia Fairchild had to fight in court to prove the children born from her body were her own.

The DNA test results challenged everything she knew about her family. Yes, her boyfriend was the father of the children, and, yes, they were all related, according to the DNA, except for Fairchild. She was told she wasn't the mother.

Fairchild was certain a mistake must have been made, but she recalled a social worker saying to her, "Nope. DNA is 100 percent foolproof and it doesn't lie."

In human biology, a chimera is an organism with at least two genetically distinct types of cells -- or, in other words, someone meant to be a twin. But while in the mother's womb, two fertilized eggs fuse, becoming one fetus that carries two distinct genetic codes -- two separate strands of DNA.
She's Her Own Twin

Is there a way to test for chimera? I am a possible candidate for this and so is my dad. I was a triplet at my mother's first ultrasound and then a twin at the second. We were identical. I am the only living since my twin died at 2 months. Would a chimera be present in multiple like in twins? My father was also possibly a twin being my grandmother miscarried during his pregnancy early on. What is the possibility for multiple family members (not same pregnancy) to have chimerism?

Wow! I’ve heard of this in animals but not in humans. That poor woman!

Here’s the can of worms.

This can happen to a female and male.
I can’t find the article where a victim accused a rapist who was released because his DNA did not match.
He continued to rape until a hair found matched his DNA.
It was the DNA of his absorbed twin which showed up in his sperm.

There are 30 KNOWN people worldwide with chimera whereas absorbed twins are relatively common. So would that make chimera common and it depends where the twin’s DNA is in the body.

This is why exactly why I believe dna could also be junk science. IMOO. My ss is a twin, he absorbed the other twin. Ending in possible polydactyly as a newborn.

Is there a way to test for chimera? I am a possible candidate for this and so is my dad. I was a triplet at my mother's first ultrasound and then a twin at the second. We were identical. I am the only living since my twin died at 2 months. Would a chimera be present in multiple like in twins? My father was also possibly a twin being my grandmother miscarried during his pregnancy early on. What is the possibility for multiple family members (not same pregnancy) to have chimerism?

It’s when a twin dies before the foetus is formed and it is then absorbed into the live foetus.

It could be difficult to test because, I think, the different DNA is where the deceased foetus and it would be difficult to locate it.
I’m not doctor but I’m intrigued by the criminal ramifications of this.

It’s when a twin dies before the foetus is formed and it is then absorbed into the live foetus.

It could be difficult to test because, I think, the different DNA is where the deceased foetus and it would be difficult to locate it.
I’m not doctor but I’m intrigued by the criminal ramifications of this.
Exactly what happened with my stepson. And like I said his bio was only made aware when he was born with extra fingers that he had a twin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back