One Year Old Loses Fight For Life After Scalding

Before I take a pot off the stove, or move something that is hot, I look first at the path. Because I want nothing in my way that I could trip over, because the kids might not be around(as they are all older then toddlers)but I don't want to fall and burn myself.

I am truly sorry for this baby but who the heck has a walker in the year 2008???

I mean the things were deemed dangerous when my now 16 yo was a baby.

My two youngest never even had them (now 13 and 12) They had the saucer/bouncy thingy.

Excersaucer? I wonder if that's what it was....the article has little detail. I know it says walker, but ya know...

I am thinking of getting a gate for my dog, who of course is always at my butt when I am using the oven. If I had a baby, I'd probably build a 3ft wall!!

From the link above:

Later, the woman changed her story.

"The father had been drinking the majority of the day, and her and him got into a verbal altercation," Pallante said. "He went into the kitchen and started throwing things. He hit the pot of boiling water with his hand and knocked it over on the child.

Wow! The mother at first must have covered for him, maybe out of fear. I hope that scalded baby haunts this man for the rest of his life. May he have nightmares and sleepless nights from now on.

First story told to LE was mother was lifting pot of boiling pasta from stove tripped over baby's walker and spilled it onto the baby. Now mothers changed story to husband was drinking off & on all day, they got into an argument, he went into kitchen and started throwing things around, whereas his hand hit the pot of water and it fell on the baby. Wouldn't it still be consider an accident? Thoughts?

First story told to LE was mother was lifting pot of boiling pasta from stove tripped over baby's walker and spilled it onto the baby. Now mothers changed story to husband was drinking off & on all day, they got into an argument, he went into kitchen and started throwing things around, whereas his hand hit the pot of water and it fell on the baby. Wouldn't it still be consider an accident? Thoughts?

Tempus,

It does sound like an accident - I agree. But he was charged with criminal homicide and not involuntary manslaughter, so maybe the police have evidence that he purposefully hit the pot.

I do not believe he meant to scald and kill his infant daughter, but a reasonable person would have understood the danger. He was obviously drunk and in a rage and not thinking.

The father was arrested today and charged with criminal homicide, aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of another person, in the death of 1 year old Trinity: :(

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/16187885/detail.html

Wow! Just wow. I'm stunned. Here we all shared how we know people that had accidents, and this poor mom I mean I could absolutely see this happening. Now this. Wow. Carpe Diem thank you for sharing the update with us although I mean how sad. How very sad.

Wow! Just wow. I'm stunned. Here we all shared how we know people that had accidents, and this poor mom I mean I could absolutely see this happening. Now this. Wow. Carpe Diem thank you for sharing the update with us although I mean how sad. How very sad.

It is extremely sad. Her burns from the water were so, so bad. It seems the Dad had been battering the whole family. And a 5 year old witness to all of this is left with the memories too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back