Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

I don’t understand any of this case! It just doesn’t make sense. Why would someone not allow a drone to fly over their property in an attempt to find someone? Why would anyone take down Missing posters? The boyfriends story sounds like just that-a story! Who wakes up, finds someone you don’t know sleeping in your vehicle and then gives them a ride home? I really hope LE can put this puzzle together!
I would give the report of the drone incident a tiny dash of salt as Gray can be a little acerbic. BG had let LE and dogs and Gray all through his property in the days before so I think it is more likely he came out annoyed at people walking around his front yard than he actually told them they couldn't fly the drone (because all Gray had to do then is just walk a few yards to the road). R's behavior and involvement is super weird, as is C's, especially when the body was found just south of his house.

Random thought, but I remember blackberry bushes being rather prickly as a kid, not a place I'd ever sleep. While Ben is pretty suspect, the scratches on his face could be from all the vegetation they were walking through.
Blackberry_bush.jpg

Crazy and so sad. I was just checking into this again this afternoon. Watching Gray’s videos from last week. After thinking on this, I really believe that the neighbor that drove B home might have had something to do with it. 1. He lives across the way where the party was and where her body has been found. 2. He wasn’t cool with Gray on his property on the 25th to fly his drone when he had given him permission the day before...3. He took down her missing fliers all over town. 4. The dogs hit right at his place as the last scent of her. Just seems so fishy IMO.

Plus, I feel like the search crews would’ve searched over there previously where she was found. Wouldn’t be hard for him to dump her there.

I hope justice is served and the family gets answers.

RIP beautiful girl.
Interesting information. Why in the world would he take her missing posters down? Fishy is right!
RIP Allyson. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Confirmed

UPDATE: Human Remains Discovered Near North Plains Identified - 06/26/20

On Friday, June 26, 2020, the Washington County Medical Examiner identified the human remains found on Saturday, June 20th near North Plains as Allyson Watterson.

No final cause of death has been determined and detectives will continue to follow up on any tips that come in on this case.

The Sheriff’s Office offers our sincerest condolences to the family as they have faced unthinkable circumstances for the past six months since Allyson was first reported missing.

We’d also like to thank everyone who helped in the extensive search efforts and to those who provided valuable tips and information to our investigators during this time.

UPDATE: Human Remains Discovered Near North Plains Identified

Body found near North Plains confirmed to be Allyson Watterson

Additional link

Her boyfriend’s father told deputies his son, Benjamin Garland, and Watterson had been on a hike before they became separated. Watterson’s mom, Misty Watterson, told reporters her daughter and Garland had been in North Plains to visit a friend when their car broke down.

The sheriff’s office said at the time it had no evidence to support either claim.

It has been about a week now, and there have been no further updates from LE or the ME. Her autopsy is most likely completed by now, but I wonder if they have to wait on a forensic anthropologist?

A cause of death has not yet been determined and officials said the investigation will continue in following any tips that come in on the case, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release (pdf).

The above statement leads me to believe a few things can be ruled out:
  • Gunshot wound
  • Choked/pressure to neck
  • Blunt force trauma or other fatal bone breakage
  • Stabbing
  • Hypothermia - can be determined but may need tox first (source) I doubt this just because of the temps, human survival mechanisms and her countless options for shelter.
I've seen some bodies at 6 months that still had a lot of soft tissue so it is possible they could still rule out things like beating, asphyxia, or blood loss, but I wonder if they could still tell something like toxicity from eating something or a bite.

The stolen truck keeps nagging at me. I am not convinced anymore that Allyson was with Ben when he stole it and I think he may have done it specifically to move her body. This accounts for them being on foot when together, but Ben having a truck later. Trying to put the pieces together until we learn more...

It has been about a week now, and there have been no further updates from LE or the ME. Her autopsy is most likely completed by now, but I wonder if they have to wait on a forensic anthropologist?

A cause of death has not yet been determined and officials said the investigation will continue in following any tips that come in on the case, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release (pdf).

The above statement leads me to believe a few things can be ruled out:
  • Gunshot wound
  • Choked/pressure to neck
  • Blunt force trauma or other fatal bone breakage
  • Stabbing
  • Hypothermia - can be determined but may need tox first (source) I doubt this just because of the temps, human survival mechanisms and her countless options for shelter.
I've seen some bodies at 6 months that still had a lot of soft tissue so it is possible they could still rule out things like beating, asphyxia, or blood loss, but I wonder if they could still tell something like toxicity from eating something or a bite.

The stolen truck keeps nagging at me. I am not convinced anymore that Allyson was with Ben when he stole it and I think he may have done it specifically to move her body. This accounts for them being on foot when together, but Ben having a truck later. Trying to put the pieces together until we learn more...
Thank you guys so much for keeping this alive. I have been thinking about it constantly and hope the Watterson family can finally get some sort of "closure" soon. I am eagerly awaiting the final autopsy reports... Do you guys think she overdosed and the bf freaked out and unceremoniously disposed of her body or do you think he had some more nefarious associations associated with her death?

SBM

SBM
Do you guys think she overdosed and the bf freaked out and unceremoniously disposed of her body or do you think he had some more nefarious associations associated with her death?
I could see any of those - one thing I know for certain, he is the type of boyfriend (including his dad!) I would move my family across the country to rid my daughters of! Even though I think there is a possibility that the neighbor who was ripping down the flyers had something to do with it. I truly hope there are some answers with that autopsy. I can feel her family’s heartbreak.

ETA - Ben’s dad’s willingness to obfuscate so that his son was not brought in on outstanding warrants - even if it cost Allyson her life is infuriating.

I could see any of those - one thing I know for certain, he is the type of boyfriend (including his dad!) I would move my family across the country to rid my daughters of! Even though I think there is a possibility that the neighbor who was ripping down the flyers had something to do with it. I truly hope there are some answers with that autopsy. I can feel her family’s heartbreak.

ETA - Ben’s dad’s willingness to obfuscate so that his son was not brought in on outstanding warrants - even if it cost Allyson her life is infuriating.
As a mom of both a son and daughter my heart bleeds for them... I can't imagine. This type of case is exactly why I am interested in helping any way I can to shine some sort of light on cases like these... I am not an expert for sure, but I can read people well... and all of this stuff is fishy.

"Knowing her the way I know her, I just I can’t imagine why she would have made her way into that space. It’s just not sinking in," Macy said.

Macy said the family is taking solace from support in the community, but that Allyson leaves a void behind.

"I miss holding her hand, I miss sitting next to her during sleepovers, I miss I just miss a future with her. I want nothing more than to grow old with her. She’s my wonderful little niece," she said.
From this link: Allyson Watterson's family speaks out after remains found

My heart breaks for this family. It isn't fair. Truly isn't.

Allyson's mom has now dedicated herself to helping spread the word of other missing people in the area.
The family definitely seems to blame BG for what has happened (and I don't blame them). They said they are dedicated to finding out exactly what occurred and getting justice for Allyson.

Allyson's aunt made a post in the In Loving Memory of Allyson Watterson FB group on July 1st that I think some of you would find interesting.

I don't think LE will be releasing her cod until there has been an arrest, and BG is in jail for a few years so they have quite a bit of time. We may be in for a wait. FWIW Allyson's friends seem pretty convinced BG killed her. What we can be reasonably sure of is the ME didn't rule it a suicide or accident or we would know about it already.

These quotes give us some idea of how they're thinking.
Remains Of 20-Year-Old Who Disappeared While Supposedly On Hike With Boyfriend Have Been Found, Authorities Believe

Deputy Tony Morris told KATU the area where the body was discovered was thick with brush and would have been difficult to access.

“It would take some work,” he said. “You wouldn't want to be there. People aren’t just going to go on a walk and end up in this area. It’s just not going to happen.”

Wilde told the local paper that investigators plan to bring in the county Department of Land Use and Transportation to help clear some of the landscape in the area to process the scene.

“We’re actually having them in and trim back some areas because the brush is just so thick,” Wilde said. “It’s not easily navigated. Some of the bushes back in there are blackberry bushes that are bigger than houses.”

Always a bit of truth in lies imo.

Allyson was laid to rest two days ago.

Allyson Joy Watterson Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member