Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

@PommyMommy
Thanks for posting that timeline...very helpful and clarifies some things.

This, how would LE know if someone may have knocked on a resident's door at midnight?
  • Dec. 27, 2 p.m.: Deputies reveal they are seeking a resident in the search area who may have heard a door knock at around midnight on Dec. 22. They say the homeowner may not have answered the door. If that situation sounded familiar to any resident, they ask that person call the sheriff’s office.
I've been wondering the same thing. She messaged somebody that she was knocking on a door? Somebody saw her knocking but wasn't sure what house it was? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MOO

I've been wondering the same thing. She messaged somebody that she was knocking on a door? Somebody saw her knocking but wasn't sure what house it was? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MOO
Or that’s the bf’s story? That he saw her knocking on some door so he took off and went to sleep? Trying to follow up on his “alibi”???

Update: Active Search and Rescue Operations Suspended

Washington Co. Sheriff's Office - 12/28/19 7:23 PM

After five days of searching for Ms. Allyson Watterson, the search and rescue operations have been suspended. Allyson has not been located at this time. The decision to suspend that phase of the investigation was made after the search and rescue teams spent thousands of search hours covering an area of about 1,600 acres.

Detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding Allyson’s disappearance. If new information comes to light or new areas to search are identified, the search and rescue teams may be recalled to continue their efforts.

The public is reminded that the entire search area is private property, meaning members of the general public would be trespassing if they attempted to search on their own unless they had specific permission from each property owner.

The Sheriff’s Office wishes to thank the many people and organizations who helped with this search, including the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, Columbia County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, Mountain Wave Search and Rescue, North Oregon Regional Search and Rescue, Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue, volunteer searchers, Army National Guard, City of North Plains, Hillsboro School District, North Plains Elementary School, Home Depot, Subway, Krispy Kreme, and members of the community for donations of food, supplies, and time.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 503-846-2700.

The previous media release is below.

---

Update on Search for Missing Person Allyson Watterson

December 27, 2019

The Sheriff’s Office is providing the following update to the on-going search for 20-year-old Allyson Watterson who has been missing since Sunday, December 22.

On that day, a homeowner who lives north of North Plains saw Ms. Watterson just before noon with 21-year-old Benjamin Garland. That remains the last confirmed time Ms. Watterson was seen. Early on Monday, December 23, a different homeowner in the area found Mr. Garland inside the homeowner’s truck. That evening, Mr. Garland’s father called dispatch around 5:30 p.m. to report Ms. Watterson missing, a gap of about 30 hours since she was last seen.

Deputies immediately responded to the area to begin searching for Ms. Watterson. Deputies found a truck which they soon learned was stolen. A short time later, deputies found Mr. Garland nearby and took him into custody. Mr. Garland was arrested for unrelated theft and fraud charges, unrelated warrants, and charges related to the stolen truck. He remains in custody and has also since been charged with violating his probation for prior convictions.

The initial report was that the pair were hiking in the area when Ms. Watterson went missing but investigators do not believe that to be true. Detectives are continuing to investigate where Ms. Watterson and Mr. Garland may have been from December 21 to December 23.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 503-846-2700.

WCSO Oregon Retweeted
Mountain Wave SAR on Twitter
Very proud of our team and all the other trained volunteer and professionals that spent their Christmas Holiday week searching for a missing person. Thank you for your dedication to helping others in their time of need.
EM7MIB8UwAAIxIe.jpg

8:23 PM - 28 Dec 2019

WCSO Oregon on Twitter
A HUGE thanks to the members of our Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue Explorer Post 877 who showed such dedication this week. If you didn't know, they are ages 14-19 and go through lots of training to work with our deputies during search and rescue operations.
We
1f499.png
you!
EM7YPBkVUAIAio0.jpg

8:33 PM - 28 Dec 2019

Why would Garland's father be the one who reported Allyson missing? Was it because his son was out of it? After 30 hours?
hmmm

It was supposedly because Benjamin had warrants and knew he’d be arrested immediately upon filing the report. But you’d think that’d be the least of your worries if your GF was missing for 30 hours..

Some thoughts from the latest presser:

1. I really like Morris, good, thorough answers.

2. Sounds like BG is not being forthcoming (for whatever reason whether involved in something nefarious or not).

3. I don’t believe that she is voluntarily missing, and I don’t think that Morris or Povolny/LE believe that either. If LE/SAR had any inkling that she might have chosen to disappear, these vast amounts of resources would not be poured into the search. Now, whether she is missing due to misfortune or foul play, not sure.

4. I’d really like to know what those clues were that they found, and whether anything was located that definitively proved she was in the search area...although BG being found sleeping in a truck in the area suggests she was.

5. The discussion of multiple SAR modalities and dogs being brought in, sounds like they probably had both cadaver dogs and SAR dogs come through.

6. Poor Misty...

@PommyMommy
Thanks for posting that timeline...very helpful and clarifies some things.

This, how would LE know if someone may have knocked on a resident's door at midnight?
  • Dec. 27, 2 p.m.: Deputies reveal they are seeking a resident in the search area who may have heard a door knock at around midnight on Dec. 22. They say the homeowner may not have answered the door. If that situation sounded familiar to any resident, they ask that person call the sheriff’s office.
This has been on my mind for a couple of days. Rumor was that neighbors reported someone banging on their door. Turns out, it was just the neighbor who last saw her around noon on Sunday.

This knocking or banging on a door thing has given me a Shannon Gilbert vibe.
I know, totally different circumstances. Maybe I should go to sleep.

Good to know it was rumor.
I hope Allyson is off somewhere, and alive. I feel so bad for her mom.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back