Found Deceased OR - Anna 'Annie' Schmidt, 21, Columbia River Gorge, 16 Oct 2016

And still now news about the make/model/ color/ licence plate of her car???why?? They assume she drove it there.. yes I saw that half *advertiser censored* picture of the 3 vehicles, search and rescue and maby part of her's. Anyway the car info needs to be released. It may help someone remember something. Geez

It's being reported on a missing poster that her car is a 2010 black VW Jetta.

I've read rumors that Annie's cell phone has not been located, and that media reports are incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what was taken from the car? Would it be ransacked and nothing stolen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her dad's band page is also giving updates on the search and they have the same message about the "conclusion time" on Wed.

I hope it's ok to post this link (lots of comments on the updates): https://www.facebook.com/PianoGuys/#

I wonder what was taken from the car? Would it be ransacked and nothing taken

Thieves are usually fueling a drug habit - they want quick cash. They'll take money, electronics or anything else they could sell on the street or in a pawn shop. They rarely take personal stuff that has no cash value. I've had my car broken into and nothing taken, it was all junk from their point of view.

Did the source of these sightings seem like they could be accurate?

The hiker that thought she had seen her seemed pretty credible, and she has been in touch with the lead investigator and search coordinators. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like anything has come of that. :(

To accommodate all the new people coming to Websleuths because of the docuseries we are moving to a much bigger and faster server.

This is just a reminder that the Websleuths forum will be down starting Wednesday (tomorrow) at 6 PM Eastern. We hope to be back up by Thursday morning.

Members can check for updates on Twitter and Facebook.

"Her mother, Michelle Schmidt of Salt Lake City, told KOIN-TV that she arrived in Portland this week to go on a camping trip with her daughter."

"After flying in, she learned her daughter had not been seen since Sunday."

"Her father told KOIN Annie might have attempted to set up the tent she had just received."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Piano-Guys-missing-Oregon.html#ixzz4NojOE7a0 B

How big is the tent. Wouldn't it take 2 people to set up. And do you leave your tent out there or did mom know where to meet her at?

Several days would require clothing and food as well.

So who sets up a tent and then leaves it unguarded for a day or 2.

So I doubt she had plans to set the tent up that day. But she could have simply been scouting for a good area. Idk

How big is the tent. Wouldn't it take 2 people to set up. And do you leave your tent out there or did mom know where to meet her at?

Several days would require clothing and food as well.

So who sets up a tent and then leaves it unguarded for a day or 2.

So I doubt she had plans to set the tent up that day. But she could have simply been scouting for a good area. Idk

I don't think her plan was even to look for potential spots to camp. I think something was going on in her personal life that was too much for her to cope with. :(

I'm saddened to read the family is ending the search for her. It's heartbreaking. I am not familiar with the area at all but it seems very thoroughly searched but yet now still three missing from the same area and searches haven't located anyone. Seems strange and I hope more investigation is done with all three cases instead of just saying they disappeared into thin air.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looking at the miles everyone hiked and looking at her Twitter/Facebook pages this girl was struggling being Mormon and probably ran away. She either ran away and is hiding because this went to far or ran away and got hurt or kidnapped. Her Twitter she talks about drugs, smoking pot and mild swearing in acronyms. The pot talk she hides in phrases.

Her Facebook page she belongs to a Utah High School party page kids use to score drugs or find the nearest party.

Also interesting her friend came out today after she has been missing for awhile and says the picture everyone was trying to figure out where it was taken was actually her picture and not Annie's. Annie just posted it. So there is a lot of unknowns here. I bet the trucker who swears she tried to hitch to cali is right, it probably was her.

Looking at the miles everyone hiked and looking at her Twitter/Facebook pages this girl was struggling being Mormon and probably ran away. She either ran away and is hiding because this went to far or ran away and got hurt or kidnapped. Her Twitter she talks about drugs, smoking pot and mild swearing in acronyms. The pot talk she hides in phrases.

Her Facebook page she belongs to a Utah High School party page kids use to score drugs or find the nearest party.

Also interesting her friend came out today after she has been missing for awhile and says the picture everyone was trying to figure out where it was taken was actually her picture and not Annie's. Annie just posted it. So there is a lot of unknowns here. I bet the trucker who swears she tried to hitch to cali is right, it probably was her.

I hope you're right. While it wouldn't be the safest thing for her to do, at least it is an alternative to suicide. I just don't get why she would run away by hitchhiking when she has her own car is all - she has many friends and what I assume is access to cash, she could have drven herself to a bus station and disappeared anywhere without hitching. She does say she wanted to backpack through India and was looking for companions, but again I don't see why she would stage all this to go do that, even to get out of a visit from mom she may have wanted to avoid - she is 21 and could have up and done it normally if she wanted.

How big is the tent.

She didn't have it:

http://koin.com/2016/10/23/missing-gorge-hiker-likely-didnt-have-camping-gear/

OT: Another hiker went missing Tueday in Columbia River Gorge and was found deceased on Wed: http://katu.com/news/local/crews-search-for-missing-hiker-on-table-mountain

Eerie similar situation:
The owner of the dogs told police she got a text with a photo from Burtch around 2 p.m. Tuesday from the top of Table Mountain. No one had heard from him since.

They found him at the bottom of a 600 ft. drop and LE suspects he fell to his death.

It sounds like his car was parked in a similar location to where Annie's car was found. I find it interesting that they managed to find him so quickly when they could not find Annie. I'm holding out hope that Annie somehow ran away and is alive. Today or tomorrow would be a good day for her to resurface and there to be a "miracle" reunion with her family. Her father's new album release is tomorrow and I'm sure he would like some peace of mind to know if she is ok.

Nature is beautiful but it is also deadly. i'm leaning more to suicide :( I think she couldn't cope and made a personal decision before her mom came.

Noticed the veiled drug reference on Twitter also. In some of the videos she uploaded -recent ones, especially- she appears as though she may be under the influence (in others, she is just acting silly). I noticed her taste in music changing, too; I see that she has been posting links to quite a few Tame Impala track, in particular. My 14-year-old started listing to their music a couple of years ago, and I know this sounds so silly, but it really got her interested in drugs. I actually like their sound, but the lyrics to many of their songs are so blatantly drug-culture friendly.

So many unknowns, e.g., I have not seen any MSM report confirming this, but even on the official search page on FB, people are starting to say that Annie's phone was not found in her car.

Video of Annie Schmidt Singing

Here are a couple of links to a lovely video of Sister Schmidt singing
during the time she served the Latter Day Saints Georgia Macon Mission.

Warning: You might cry. But it's nice to see her in action
and hear what a beautiful, expressive singer she is.

Nearer My God to Thee Duet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4VfWfexbrs

Watch Annie Schmidt Sing "Nearer My God to Thee" on Her LDS Mission
http://www.ldsdaily.com/world/watch-annie-schmidt-sing-nearer-my-god-to-thee-on-her-lds-mission/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back