GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

LillyRush said:
I don't understand though how it seems that not one single person either around the apartment complex or the highway saw anything.

Hi, When I took pictures and looked around last year, there was a game going on at Reser Stadium, and the Hilton had cars parked in their lot, but not one person or car way in the back of the gravel parking lot that has a gate that goes to Oak Park Apts. Also, when I drove in and looked around, I only saw about one person, and nobody asked me what I was doing or did I want an apartment or anything. It would have been easy to park in the big lot, the big, most vacant lot, that is, and walk through the gate.

:chicken: I am kind of chicken to do this, but I feel compelled. I want this time stamped and posted record that my guess for who the person of interest is, is James M. Hickman. I'd surely like to know if he has a green Dodge Van. So if soon they announce that they are charging him with something, I would have the small satisfaction of knowing I deduced it correctly. He is over 200 pounds and could overpower someone petite like Brooke. And BTW, this is just my guess and opinion, not scientifically proven or anything. If I am wrong, I'm wrong.

I found a screwball thing way out of place on the afternoon Brooke was abducted. It was before I even knew she was abducted, and it probably has nothing to do with anything. However, do any of you know if any one of the 450 Psychics who sent in leads sensed anything about Polynesian or Easter Island type statues? Or handmade clay things? If they did, I think I would report more about this to the police. If they didn't, it is probably just far fetched.

IndigoFalls said:
I found a screwball thing way out of place on the afternoon Brooke was abducted. It was before I even knew she was abducted, and it probably has nothing to do with anything. However, do any of you know if any one of the 450 Psychics who sent in leads sensed anything about Polynesian or Easter Island type statues? Or handmade clay things? If they did, I think I would report more about this to the police. If they didn't, it is probably just far fetched.
\

One of the men who saw this driver of the green van said he had brown, curly hair. Who knows, but this could be of that race. Many Polynesians have a little longer hair than normal and very curly. We shall see as this unfolds more.

http://www.gazettetimes.com/articles/2005/06/03/news/community/friloc03.txt

Police disclose time of 911 call

By the Gazette-Times

Police have released one more detail regarding a 911 call made the day Brooke Wilberger was abducted, in hopes of making contact with a man named Brian.

The man, who only gave a first name, used a cell phone to call 911 the day Wilberger vanished from a Corvallis apartment complex parking lot. He reported seeing a speeding and recklessly driven green-mini van in the Rickreal area, north of Monmouth.

Brian made that call at 11 a.m., said Corvallis Police Capt. Ron Noble. Wilberger was last seen by family members around 10 a.m. May 24, 2004.

Since issuing a request Tuesday to hear from Brian and for information from anyone who has seen a 1997 green Dodge Caravan that police have associated with a "person of interest" in the abduction case, police have received more than 50 calls to their tip line.

"We've got people that we've got to call back and get some more info and see if it's the same van," Noble said.

Police are interested in hearing from anyone who saw a green mini-van during the week before or the week after Wilberger disappeared; saw the van being driven in an erratic or alarming manner; saw the van parked in a place where it would not be expected — such as on an old logging road or farmer's field; or observed the driver acting in a strange or suspicious way, possibly trying to lure young women or girls close to the van.

Investigators have already identified the van they are interested in and are not looking for the van itself, but for information about the van and where it was seen. Such information could help investigators identify areas to search for Wilberger, Noble said.

Anngelique said:
http://www.gazettetimes.com/articles/2005/06/03/news/community/friloc03.txt

Police disclose time of 911 call

By the Gazette-Times

Police have released one more detail regarding a 911 call made the day Brooke Wilberger was abducted, in hopes of making contact with a man named Brian.

The man, who only gave a first name, used a cell phone to call 911 the day Wilberger vanished from a Corvallis apartment complex parking lot. He reported seeing a speeding and recklessly driven green-mini van in the Rickreal area, north of Monmouth.

Brian made that call at 11 a.m., said Corvallis Police Capt. Ron Noble. Wilberger was last seen by family members around 10 a.m. May 24, 2004.
Rickreal is about 1hr north of Corvallis on 99W. Meaning Brooke vanished within minutes of last being seen by "family members."

Time window is starting to get very narrow indeed...

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
Rickreal is about 1hr north of Corvallis on 99W. Meaning Brooke vanished within minutes of last being seen by "family members."

Time window is starting to get very narrow indeed...

RstJ

I am sorry to dispute this, but I lived in Dallas/ Rickreal for most of my life. I am in Salem now. Rickreal is about 30-35 mins from OSU and if you are traveling at high speeds could be reached much quicker. Rickreal is actually on Hwy. 99 West. You can take it almost directly to the stadium with just a couple of turns. Heck, I am only 45 mins from OSU in Salem and it is not the direct route that Hwy 99 would be.

Anngelique said:
I am sorry to dispute this, but I lived in Dallas/ Rickreal for most of my life. I am in Salem now. Rickreal is about 30-35 mins from OSU and if you are traveling at high speeds could be reached much quicker. Rickreal is actually on Hwy. 99 West. You can take it almost directly to the stadium with just a couple of turns. Heck, I am only 45 mins from OSU in Salem and it is not the direct route that Hwy 99 would be.

Coming from further into OSU here are directions to Rickreal.

1: Start out going EAST on SW AIRPORT AVE toward AIRPORT PL. 1.6 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto PACIFIC HWY W/OR-99W N. 29.8 miles Map

3: End at Rickreall, OR 97371-9728, US Map

Total Est. Distance: 31.49 miles

Since that is almost all hwy, it could be done pretty quickly.

Anngelique said:
Ok, 30-35mins. You figure you could make it in 10mins? Because that's what the mystery perp would have to do if Brooke was "last seen" at 10:50, as most of the missing posters say.

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
Ok, 30-35mins. You figure you could make it in 10mins? Because that's what the mystery perp would have to do if Brooke was "last seen" at 10:50, as most of the missing posters say.

RstJ

They are not sure of the exact time as no one saw her being abducted. The last time she was seen was at 10 AM. Yes, the missing posters say approximately 10:50 but where that time came from I don't know. I do know that it is close enough to the time frame to definitely be plausible. Let's say she was taken at 10:30 AM... or even 10:40. If this car was driving very fast and erratically, then it could make up some time, who knows? But I do think this is a very good lead. Why are you so against this lead? I don't understand.

Anngelique said:
They are not sure of the exact time as no one saw her being abducted. The last time she was seen was at 10 AM. Yes, the missing posters say approximately 10:50 but where that time came from I don't know. I do know that it is close enough to the time frame to definitely be plausible. Let's say she was taken at 10:30 AM... or even 10:40. If this car was driving very fast and erratically, then it could make up some time, who knows? But I do think this is a very good lead. Why are you so against this lead? I don't understand.
Because as a lead it doesn't make any sense. If Brooke was last seen at 10:50, then LE can't possibly think her abductor was in Rickreal 10mins later. Therefore, they think she was taken earlier. In other words, the 10:50 sighting was of someone else, not Brooke. Her sister also says that she did not see Brooke when she returned at 10:30am, and that has been consistently reported. That means she vanished in a half-hour timespan when her sister was away from the complex. That's getting dangerously narrow. And a vehicle in Rickreal at 11am narrows it even further, since 30mins to do the abduction and get that far away isn't possible no matter how fast you're driving. Poor Brian would have been phoning in an accident, not an erractic driver.

And if these green van leads were so hot, and if the van was seen by so many people, why didn't we hear anything about this a year ago??

And why is it that no one seems to have seen this green minivan actually in the complex? You see what I mean? Even the most credulous observer has to be asking themselves in the wake of the Wilbanks/Seiler things whether any abduction happened at all. And no, I don't think she ran away.

Cpt. Noble said at the press conference that LE knows was *hasn't* happened. What do you think he meant by that?

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
And why is it that no one seems to have seen this green minivan actually in the complex? You see what I mean? Even the most credulous observer has to be asking themselves in the wake of the Wilbanks/Seiler things whether any abduction happened at all. And no, I don't think she ran away.

Cpt. Noble said at the press conference that LE knows was *hasn't* happened. What do you think he meant by that?

RstJ

I really don't know why you would mention Wilbanks/Seiler in Brooke's case. There is nothing similar. Brooke never told police she was abducted. She just disappeared without any reason to. Both Wilbanks and Seiler had a history of drawing attention to themselves and both both committed a criminal act when they lied to LE. Each case has it's own set of evidence. They should be looked at individually.

The green van driver was always labled a "person of interest" That means the might be a possible suspect or he/she might have possibly seen something that will help with the case.

RCOOKE said:
I really don't know why you would mention Wilbanks/Seiler in Brooke's case. There is nothing similar. Brooke never told police she was abducted. She just disappeared without any reason to. Both Wilbanks and Seiler had a history of drawing attention to themselves and both both committed a criminal act when they lied to LE. Each case has it's own set of evidence. They should be looked at individually.

The green van driver was always labled a "person of interest" That means the might be a possible suspect or he/she might have possibly seen something that will help with the case.
Nobody had any idea what happened in the Wilbanks/Seiler cases until LE ran it down. Nobody still has any idea what happened here. The green van driver is connected to some POI that LE came up w/6mos ago, which is to say, about the time Capt. Robert Deutsch was known to be applying for a job in Los Alamos. You probably remember him from the beginning of the case.

Seeing as how LE has hardly been shy about releasing info on their POIs (or someone has been leaking info) it's rather surprising that they're *not* releasing any info about this POI.

Speaking of evidence, it's important to look at the *lack* of evidence too. No one saw or heard anything. No one saw a vehicle, no one heard a yell, no one saw Brooke after family members did. That should tell you something. It certainly suggests something to me.

What do you think of the overwhelming silence from the family on these latest developments?

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
Nobody had any idea what happened in the Wilbanks/Seiler cases until LE ran it down. Nobody still has any idea what happened here. The green van driver is connected to some POI that LE came up w/6mos ago, which is to say, about the time Capt. Robert Deutsch was known to be applying for a job in Los Alamos. You probably remember him from the beginning of the case.

Seeing as how LE has hardly been shy about releasing info on their POIs (or someone has been leaking info) it's rather surprising that they're *not* releasing any info about this POI.

Speaking of evidence, it's important to look at the *lack* of evidence too. No one saw or heard anything. No one saw a vehicle, no one heard a yell, no one saw Brooke after family members did. That should tell you something. It certainly suggests something to me.

What do you think of the overwhelming silence from the family on these latest developments?

RstJ

The family has NOT been silent. They have been quoted several times that I have read and have had been appearing on shows. Here is a quote about the green van from my link above.

Brooke Wilberger's brother-in-law believes this may finally be the break the family has been waiting for.

"We know of one person, Brian, who saw the vehicle. He made the effort a year ago and we're hoping he'll make that effort again," said Zak Hansen.

Also, there WERE some witnesses to the green van and very close to where Brooke was abducted. Both the day before and the day of the abduction, the green van was seen actually following a female student. The green van was also seen parked stranglely and the driver was "watching" people.

If this person who owns the green van has been a person of interest for quite a while, you would think they would have cleared him already and moved on. But no, he remains a person of interest.

As far as the length of time it took for LE to bring these points of interests to light, remember it took a long time before LE moved in on Scott Peterson. Does it mean they did not think he might have been a person of interest before that? No, it means they are crossing their t's and dotting their i's to make sure it is done correctly. As far as the other people of interest in these cases, it was NOT LE who brought them forward. For instance, the guy who they thought he might have burried her under cement... it was his step-sister that brought him to light. The LE kept denying it. As far as Kim goes, he was looked at early on, but again, the LE made light of him as far as a connection to Brooke went. But the media kept him tied to the case. Now he is more tied to the fact that he stole so many panties from so many school.

I still think this is a great lead and will have faith and hope that it will bring some knowledge to Brooke's family. I won't give up that faith and hope until it is proven otherwise.

Anngelique said:
The family has NOT been silent. They have been quoted several times that I have read and have had been appearing on shows. Here is a quote about the green van from my link above.

Brooke Wilberger's brother-in-law believes this may finally be the break the family has been waiting for.

"We know of one person, Brian, who saw the vehicle. He made the effort a year ago and we're hoping he'll make that effort again," said Zak Hansen.
Brooke's blood family, brothers, sisters, parents. This guy is not related to her except by marriage and am I the only one who finds his continued prominent role to be baffling?

Brooke has a lot of family. Brothers: Bryce, Spencer. Sisters: Shannon, Stephani, Jessica.

You find any quotes from any of them? Recent ones?

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
Brooke's blood family, brothers, sisters, parents. This guy is not related to her except by marriage and am I the only one who finds his continued prominent role to be baffling?

Brooke has a lot of family. Brothers: Bryce, Spencer. Sisters: Shannon, Stephani, Jessica.

You find any quotes from any of them? Recent ones?

RstJ

Zak was made the spokesperson at the very beginning of the investigation.

Anngelique said:
Zak was made the spokesperson at the very beginning of the investigation.

By the way, Zak and his wife were the ones who managed the apartments where Brooke was abducted.

Anngelique said:
By the way, Zak and his wife were the ones who managed the apartments where Brooke was abducted.
Yeah, we got that. Since you seem to know a lot about this case, perhaps you could tell me what Zak's alibi is for that day?

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
Yeah, we got that. Since you seem to know a lot about this case, perhaps you could tell me what Zak's alibi is for that day?

RstJ

Wow!!!!

You asked earlier what did it mean by the LE knowing what didn't happen. I copied the article below from a news source. What was meant by that is that it was NOT a family member or someone close to her! I can't believe you insinuated that. They were the first people looked at and a year later the investigation is far from them.

Hansen and his wife, Brooke's sister Stephanie, were the last known people to see her. They left Brooke that Monday afternoon cleaning lights in the parking lot, and returned to find her cleaning supplies, flip-flops, car, keys and cell phone, but no Brooke.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600136317,00.html

Noble said they have ruled out Brooke running away, and have also exhausted investigations of people close to her.

``We're closer to solving the case today _ only from the standpoint that we know what hasn't happened,'' Noble said.

Noble said abductions by total strangers are rare, but that's what he believes may have happened.

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_144193015.html

Brooke: One year later

By Jennifer Nitson
For the Democrat-Herald

CORVALLIS — Brooke Wilberger went missing one year ago on May 24.

Police investigators have received 5,000 tips regarding the apparent abduction — including 500 possible sightings, 500 potential suspects named to police, 450 tips from psychics and information on 250 suspect vehicles.

So far police have looked closely at 60 "persons of interest," and have conducted polygraph tests, served search warrants and subpoenas.

Dozens of investigators from a task force that includes Corvallis police, the Benton County Sheriff's Office, the FBI, Oregon State Police and the Benton County District Attorney's Office have spent untold hours compiling information and chasing leads.

Thousands of community volunteers have assisted in the search since Wilberger disappeared while cleaning lamp posts in a Corvallis apartment complex parking lot on a sunny day last spring.

A Web site set up to aid the investigation, findbrooke.com, has received almost 500,000 hits.

Divers have searched bodies of water, and Foster Lake near Sweet Home was searched with high-tech sonar equipment. Even satellite photos have been scoured for clues.

The task force can access the latest technology when needed in the search, and its investigation is still, seemingly, very near square one.

At a press conference Tuesday, Corvallis Police Capt. Ron Noble described the investigation — what's been done, what they know now and where it might lead.

"Are we any closer to solving the case today than we were May 24, 2004?" Noble said in response to a reporter's question. "Only by the standpoint that we know what hasn't happened."
For instance, Noble said, the task force firmly believes Wilberger did not run away. They also believe she was not abducted by an acquaintance, friend, family member or boyfriend.

Investigators "strongly believe the incident was a stranger abduction."

Still, with little evidence but the cleaning supplies and a pair of flip flops left behind on the asphalt, and no leads that have panned out, investigators are still waiting for that one tip — the break that will lead to Wilberger or her abductor, Noble said.

The investigation will not end, Noble said, until every bit of information investigators have has been exhaustively checked out.

The missing woman's parents, Greg and Cammy Wilberger, and brothers-in-law Zak Hansen and Jared Cordon, were asked why Brooke's case has garnered so much media attention.

"Brooke was just an ordinary girl in the wrong place," Cammy Wilberger said. "I think people can identify with that. When people see that, they think that ‘It could be my child.'"

And it could be, she said, stressing that people should be aware of their surroundings at all times, for their own safety.

The family appealed to the person responsible for the abduction.

"Bring her back," Hansen said. "You've had her for a year. I think it's time you bring her back to us."

Cammy Wilberger added: "Come forward with what you know."

She continues to express hope that her daughter will be found alive but indicated that she is grappling with the idea that her fifth child — the second to the youngest — may be dead.

The family said they are trying to get on with their lives and hold onto hope at the same time, but the strain of not knowing what happened to their loved one gets overwhelming at times.

"We're still dealing with the unknown, and that's the piece that we need to resolve, so we can work on moving on," Cammy Wilberger said. "Coping mechanisms don't last forever."

http://democratherald.com/articles/2005/05/25/news/local/news07.txt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back