Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

Thanks, Rose, for bringing those forward. I'm not sure why, but whenever I read this JD's case file, all I can think of is honeymoon for some reason. I can't put my finger on why, though.

I feel the same way. Either honeymoon, anniversary or some kind of special trip.

I hope I'm not repeating old news. There is a new facial reconstruction and there will be isotope testing done, according to local news today.

https://kobi5.com/news/facial-recon...ntified-girl-found-in-josephine-county-34987/

Video and story at link.
http://ktvl.com/news/local/jane-ann...-shows-girl-found-dead-45-years-ago-in-oregon

ETA: I see that the reconstruction picture was recently posted. The KTVL video explains how it was done.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 349
I hope I'm not repeating old news. There is a new facial reconstruction and there will be isotope testing done, according to local news today.

https://kobi5.com/news/facial-recon...ntified-girl-found-in-josephine-county-34987/

Video and story at link.
http://ktvl.com/news/local/jane-ann...-shows-girl-found-dead-45-years-ago-in-oregon

ETA: I see that the reconstruction picture was recently posted. The KTVL video explains how it was done.

attachment.php

Awesome! I was gonna suggest they consider it and pollen testing but I'm not sure if there's pollen left on her clothes. I was also going to suggest Crime Watch Daily.

Awesome! I was gonna suggest they consider it and pollen testing but I'm not sure if there's pollen left on her clothes. I was also going to suggest Crime Watch Daily.

There would almost certainly be pollen on her clothes and possibly in her hair as well. That stuff is sticky, and it doesn't age. They've found useful pollen on the clothing of some of the Ice Age and bog people bodies. But depending on how it's been stored, it might have mostly local pollen, which might obscure the results. Dunno whether that would be useful or not.

Isotope testing? I'm elated.

Josephine County must be on a fast rebound if they're asking for something, from what I've read, is absurdly expensive. A few years ago, it was like no man's land there after budget shortfalls.

There would almost certainly be pollen on her clothes and possibly in her hair as well. That stuff is sticky, and it doesn't age. They've found useful pollen on the clothing of some of the Ice Age and bog people bodies. But depending on how it's been stored, it might have mostly local pollen, which might obscure the results. Dunno whether that would be useful or not.

Email sent. I gave her links to Buckskin Girl pollen, isotope and her Crime Watch Daily show page, plus the Crime Watch Daily show pages for Allenstown NH females and Woodlawn Jane (3 links on CWD)

I believe this is my Aunt from Portland Oregon. We were living in the same aplenty complex when I was 8 years old. Can someone help me with this

I believe this is my Aunt from Portland Oregon. We were living in the same aplenty complex when I was 8 years old. Can someone help me with this

Yes, I will send you a private message.

KLEE your dedication is amazing! I stumbled across Annie's case just this week so I apologize if the following missing person has been mentioned in archived posts. Have you looked into Mary Ann Switalski? She is not listed in the NAMUS Exclusion List. Mary Ann went missing from Chicago in July 1963 at age 16 BUT her parents reported that she left with a couple to sell door-to-door magazine subscriptions throughout California. She could have been alive for years prior to 1971 which would explain the 1970 coin and California map found with Annie. Mary Ann was 5'2" tall with long strawberry blonde hair (which is similar to Annie's hair described as reddish with highlights).

This is a description from NAMUS, "Mary Ann attended a carnival at St. Priscilla's Catholic Church on July 15, 1963. Two days after her disappearance her parents received a short letter postmarked from Oak Park, IL. In the letter, Mary Ann stated that she was fine and that she was going to earn some money to take care of them. No further contact was ever made.
It is believed that Mary Ann may have joined a magazine door-to-door sales group that was headed to California.
The husband and wife owners of the sales organization gave conflicting statements. The wife stated that Mary Ann left with the sales group and the husband stated that Mary Ann never left Chicago.
UPDATED INFORMATION:
On 08 MAR 2012, the NCIC Number was replaced with M640576567.
For some unknown reason, the original NCIC was deleted by NCIC on 06 MAR 2012.
Updated by Det. Mark CZWORNIAK."

*This is the link to Mary Ann in NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4642/12/

Been getting links for the last hour; my computer keeps freezing. Here are a few articles, some are more detailed then others. The 1st one I saw just said North East so I was looking for specifics. They should know more then what they're posting

1st article my friend sent me

Woman found dead in 1971 in Oregon may be from Northeast Investigators hoping new testing can help lead to her identification By Anthony Fay Published: April 11, 2017, 11:29 am
Recent forensic isotope testing of bone and teeth samples has revealed that she may be from the Northeast corner of the United States, or had spent a substantial amount of time in the area. She also may have spent time in the upper Midwest, and all along the northern edge of the United States.

Female found dead more than 45 years ago may be from Northeast Ohio News 5 Staff - 10:52 AM, Apr 11, 2017

New forensic isotope tests revealed that the female may have spent time in the northeast corner of the U.S. as well as the area of the Great Lakes. She then ended up all the way in Washington state and Oregon.

She may have lived anywhere north along the line between the United State and Canadian border.

Cold Case: Female Found Dead in 1971 Could Have Ties to Northeast By Spectrum News Staff - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 12:22 PM EDT
While the investigation started on the other end of the country, new forensic isotope testing indicates she may have spent time in the northeast corner of the United States, perhaps moving west into the Great Lakes, and maybe all the way to Oregon.

While they don't know for sure, investigators with the sheriff’s office in Oregon and the National Center for Exploited and Missing Children, say Jane Doe possible lived or grew up anywhere north, along the line between the U.S. and Canadian border.

Unidentified person found 45 years ago may have hailed from NH - Person found with mother-of-pearl ring with letters 'A, L' scratched into it - WMUR | Updated: 12:57 PM EDT Apr 11, 2017
New forensic evidence shows that the person might have lived or grown up anywhere along the U.S. border with Canada. Isotope testing revealed that she might have spent time in the northeast (possibly New Hampshire), the Great Lakes and/or the Pacific Northwest.

The person, often referred to as Jane “Annie” Doe, had auburn-brown hair and slightly buck teeth with four fillings in her molars. She was 5 feet, 2 inches to 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighed about 125 pounds.

'Jane Annie Doe' could have been from Great Lakes region

New forensic isotope testing has revealed more clues that may help investigators give this Jane Doe back her name. The forensic isotope results indicate that the female may have spent time in the north-east corner of the United States, moving west into the Great Lakes, and even further west all the way to Washington state and Oregon. Jane Doe possible lived or grew up anywhere north along the line between the United States and Canadian Border.

[video=youtube;cBtkLJ6ncNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtkLJ6ncNM[/video]

On the help id me Facebook page someone wrote that a co-worker named Christine woods dissapeared after going out with a male on a motorbike around 1971, leaving 3 small children behind. I can't find anything when I searched that name, only a recent missing report of a Canadian teen.

On the help id me Facebook page someone wrote that a co-worker named Christine woods dissapeared after going out with a male on a motorbike around 1971, leaving 3 small children behind. I can't find anything when I searched that name, only a recent missing report of a Canadian teen.
I think I've run across her somewhere but I can't find her either. I'll keep looking.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Did they send this report to all the states that are part of the isotopes? Haven't seen anything yet, and was thinking about calling the Aroostook county sheriff's office,since they cover nearly all of that border area in Maine between the US and Canada. I won't trouble them if they all got the information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back