Identified! OR - Female, 30-45, Umpqua River near Gardiner, 1 Oct 2016 - Genelle McDaniel

I wonder about Alissa McCrann: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32242/

Everytime I looked at her NaMus I ruled her out because it says this:
"Alissa McCrann was last seen on a hiking trail above Multnomah Falls. It appears she was not prepared for the conditions and did not make it back to her vehicle."

And Multnomah Fall is not close to the location our UID was found at all: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gar...af88627083bc6!2m2!1d-122.1157756!2d45.5761597

But then I just started to read her thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?297152-OR-Alissa-McCrann-37-Tigard-19-Dec-2015

I haven't read past the first few pages but at first they didn't even know where her car was located and her phone pinged someplace other than the trail the morning she went missing. Maybe someone left her car there to make it look like she had been hiking? Or maybe she met someone there or someone grabbed her and took her farther away?

Alissa wore glasses and has a similar look to the sketch, IMO. Anyway, what really strikes me about Alissa is her teeth. Compare to the teeth in the skull we can see:

Someone submit if you think this could be a match please (or just tell me I am crazy, I can take it). I need to go finish reading Alissa's thread to see if it says who saw her on the trail.

I'm the crazy one...the missing teeth was the ultimate clue and i completely missed it. :facepalm: :shame:

The teeth, glasses, even the hair (the sketch!) looks very much like Alissa --- but then again don't go by me...clearly I need my eyes examined (at least...)

:crazy: :blushing:

Someone :please: submit.

Wow - the teeth as you mention certainly make it worth looking into! I would cross-post the personal affects photo as there were friends and family on the Alissa thread who may recognize (or not recognize) those items. I think this is definitely worth submitting.

It's hard to get a good look at the UID teeth on my phone but they do look very close. The 2 after the front teeth look like they are tucked in just a little more than the front 2. Alissa's are very close. On my lunch so further digging will have to wait but my first response is submit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - the teeth as you mention certainly make it worth looking into! I would cross-post the personal affects photo as there were friends and family on the Alissa thread who may recognize (or not recognize) those items. I think this is definitely worth submitting.

Good idea. I can post the pics there. I'm not able to submit, if someone else wants to please go ahead. One thing to give pause is that both Alissa and the UID have completed DNA profiles in the system. In theory, a match should have popped up automatically but I'm of the opinion it never hurts to ask them to take another look.

There seem to be remarkably few bones there for a woman who is thought to have been dead from a few months to maybe 3 years. I know there would have been scattering due to scavenger activity but I'm surprised they've got all the vertebrae but not the long bones.

They found bones and clothes, washed across the shore and scattered by scavengers.

'You can see this girl walking down the street'_ But who was she_ _ KVAL

The bones had been scattered. Most will likely never be found. I don't know why they are talking about the body having been there from a few months to three years. The original reports said the body had been there for one to three years. Which would put the time of death sometime between 2013 and 2015. I think it is pretty obvious that the bones had been there for more than a few months.

What I find interesting is the chapstick they found. I live in this area and I do own chapstick, but I don't think I've bought any since moving to Oregon. I don't think chapstick is something that most people on the Oregon Coast would need. That makes me think she traveled from a drier climate. Maybe Eastern Oregon/Washington or some other state with a dry climate.

I think it's totally possible, looking at all the stats. Here the teeth

Attachments

• Teeth UID.PNG
    Teeth UID.PNG
    27.1 KB · Views: 107
  • teeth.PNG
    teeth.PNG
    93.7 KB · Views: 40
Those teeth do look awfully close. But the ones next to the front teeth on the right side look a bit too thick and slanted the opposite way of the tooth on the skull. I could always be wrong though. That just seems weird that she'd be so far away from where her phone last pinged and where her car was found.

Still looking at her belongings...they seem somehow outdated.

Still looking at her belongings...they seem somehow outdated.

In what way? Obviously they are at least about three years old. But I don't see anything that looks much older then the 2010 water bottles.

In what way? Obviously they are at least about three years old. But I don't see anything that looks much older then the 2010 water bottles.

It's the glasses, the grooming things..comb...handmirror...I don't know,,,

'You can see this girl walking down the street'_ But who was she_ _ KVAL

The bones had been scattered. Most will likely never be found. I don't know why they are talking about the body having been there from a few months to three years. The original reports said the body had been there for one to three years. Which would put the time of death sometime between 2013 and 2015. I think it is pretty obvious that the bones had been there for more than a few months.

What I find interesting is the chapstick they found. I live in this area and I do own chapstick, but I don't think I've bought any since moving to Oregon. I don't think chapstick is something that most people on the Oregon Coast would need. That makes me think she traveled from a drier climate. Maybe Eastern Oregon/Washington or some other state with a dry climate.

I live in Sweden and I use a chapstick on a daily basis. I think it depends on how sensitive your lips are and also what you are used to. I would never be able to stop using my chapstick no matter where I live.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It's the glasses, the grooming things..comb...handmirror...I don't know,,,

I sort of understand what you mean. That shape of glasses and also the tortoise shell color (a mottled brownish-red) was popular in the 1960's here in the US but it has made a return in recent years with the younger generation. Because of her glasses I go back and forth between thinking she is older and the glasses are outdated from her youth or thinking she may be younger than the estimate. I wish we could see the details on the frame of the glasses to look up the designer name and find out where/when that style and color were sold.

I live in Sweden and I use a chapstick on a daily basis. I think it depends on how sensitive your lips are and also what you are used to. I would never be able to stop using my chapstick no matter where I live.

Yes, but I'm not sure what part of Sweden you live in, but I believe that most places in Sweden are a lot dryer then the Oregon Coast. The temperature here rarely gets above 70°F / 20°C, even in the summer. It rains for about 10 months out of the year, and even in the other two months, the air is not that dry near the ocean. The humidity stays over 75% year round. From my personal experience lip balm is not really necessary when humidity is over 75%. There is more than enough moisture in the air at that humidity to keep your lips from drying out. I'm about 99% sure that she bought the Chapstick in some other region. It is just not common here.

Screen_shot_2018_03_13_at_4_43_27_AM.jpg

Reedsport (97467), Oregon Weather Averages _ Monthly Average High and Low Temperature _ Average Precipitation and Rainfall days _ World Weather Online

I sort of understand what you mean. That shape of glasses and also the tortoise shell color (a mottled brownish-red) was popular in the 1960's here in the US but it has made a return in recent years with the younger generation. Because of her glasses I go back and forth between thinking she is older and the glasses are outdated from her youth or thinking she may be younger than the estimate. I wish we could see the details on the frame of the glasses to look up the designer name and find out where/when that style and color were sold.

You mean like these? They seem to be pretty popular right now.

Red Square Glasses #4426718

Yes, but I'm not sure what part of Sweden you live in, but I believe that most places in Sweden are a lot dryer then the Oregon Coast. The temperature here rarely gets above 70°F / 20°C, even in the summer. It rains for about 10 months out of the year, and even in the other two months, the air is not that dry near the ocean. The humidity stays over 75% year round. From my personal experience lip balm is not really necessary when humidity is over 75%. There is more than enough moisture in the air at that humidity to keep your lips from drying out. I'm about 99% sure that she bought the Chapstick in some other region. It is just not common here.

Reedsport (97467), Oregon Weather Averages _ Monthly Average High and Low Temperature _ Average Precipitation and Rainfall days _ World Weather Online

Respectfully snipped for space. This is an interesting theory but can I ask-- are you a woman in the UID's age range? Admittedly, I don't live in the Pacific Northwest. I live in the humid Southeast. But I have found I need lip balm more as I age and it doesn't have much to do with the weather anymore. When I was younger I rarely used it. Plus, some women just like the way lip balm makes their lips feel and would use it regardless of the climate. It's really a personal preference, IMO. The type the UID had is Burts Bees which is sold at 20 stores within a 100 mile radius of Gardiner, OR: https://www.burtsbees.com/content/store-locator/store-locator.html

While it's a good thought that she might not be from Oregon (and I wouldn't limit the search to only Oregon), I don't think we can say the lip balm is very unusual for the area. JMO.

I don't think we have discussed her shoes very much. I had never heard of the brand Navados but when I looked them up they seem to be commonly sold at Walmart. Seems like that won't be much help for pinpointing where she came from either.

This case needs isotope testing, IMO.

Respectfully snipped for space. This is an interesting theory but can I ask-- are you a woman in the UID's age range? Admittedly, I don't live in the Pacific Northwest. I live in the humid Southeast. But I have found I need lip balm more as I age and it doesn't have much to do with the weather anymore. When I was younger I rarely used it. Plus, some women just like the way lip balm makes their lips feel and would use it regardless of the climate. It's really a personal preference, IMO. The type the UID had is Burts Bees which is sold at 20 stores within a 100 mile radius of Gardiner, OR: https://www.burtsbees.com/content/store-locator/store-locator.html

While it's a good thought that she might not be from Oregon (and I wouldn't limit the search to only Oregon), I don't think we can say the lip balm is very unusual for the area. JMO.

I'm male, but I have used Chapstick in the past. But I have never bought a Chapstick as long as I have lived in Oregon. I have one unopened tube of generic lip balm in my medicine cabinet that has an expiration date of August 2014 on it, and I have one partially used tube of Chapstick that is probably older then that. That shows you how much Chapstick I need here.

On that Burts Bees website the nearest locations are the two grocery stores in Reedsport. I'm sure those stores also sell Chapstick. But my gut feeling is that she bought it someplace else. She could have been from Eastern Oregon. Eastern Oregon is pretty dry. Also Eastern Washington or California are possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back