GUILTY OR - Heather Mallory, 32, Portland, 8 March 2008

That new article says she didn't get home until 10:30??? I just don't understand why there isn't more out there - why aren't the friends she was out with talking? Unless they were doing something they shouldn't have been?

I don't get why this story is going no where?

Why aren't their more searches for this woman? :eek:

GIG HARBOR, Wash. -- A Gig Harbor family has not heard from their daughter for almost a month. Her car is missing, and there is no reported activity on her credit cards or cell phone.

Heather Dawn Mallory, 32, has not been seen or heard from since 10:30 a.m. March 8, when she left her home in Portland, Ore., after an argument with her husband, Brian Cole, 35.

Despite Mallory's argument with her husband before her disappearance, Cole is not currently a suspect in the case. The Portland Police Department has no evidence of foul play.

On March 7, after finishing school at the Portland Culinary Institute and working her first night at a part-time catering job, Mallory reportedly went out with a group of friends. She stayed out all night, returning home at 7:30 the next morning.

After Mallory arrived home, she had an argument with Cole. She left a few hours later and has not been seen or heard from since.

Mallory reportedly did not pack a bag or take any possessions before leaving.

"That's part of the puzzle," Jeni Mallory said about her daughter's disappearance. "Just the day before, (Heather) was sharing with a girlfriend from Oklahoma how excited she was ... and she was looking forward to her job."

Since their daughter went missing on March 8, Steve and Jeni Mallory have tried to stay positive.

"It's always on my mind," Gig Harbor's Jeni Mallory said about Heather Dawn Mallory's disappearance. "That's why I go to work. I believe distractions are healthy. I believe you should stay busy. I don't think you should stay home and dwell."

Her parents say this kind of behavior is not typical of their daughter.

Mallory had been in regular contact with her parents. Jeni Mallory said she called her daughter once or twice a week and visited Portland once a month. The Mallorys had last seen their daughter on Feb. 23, when they celebrated her birthday in Portland.

The Portland Police Department said Mallory is "professional and responsible" and unlikely to run away. "She's never done this. She doesn't have a history of doing this," said Catherine Kent, public information officer for the PPD. "Everybody seems to be cooperating. If they knew where she was, they'd tell us."

More at link: http://www.kirotv.com/news/15784130/detail.html

Thanks Lorelei! Isn't this interesting...from your link:

http://www.gateline.com/104/story/1056.html

“It could be because she didn’t want to go home,” Jeni Mallory said about why her daughter spent the night at a friend’s house the night before she disappeared. “There is a history there, but I don’t want to get into that.”
Steve Mallory was careful not to comment on any foul play surrounding the case, since he feels that sort of investigation is the job of the police.
“I think it was not the best of marriages,” he said. “They had arguments. But rather — I just don’t think they were at the level that would involve suspicion. You just don’t know, and so you just let the police take care of it.”

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any leads in Heather's case. I went to highschool with her and I am really quite disturbed to hear of her disappearing. I remember Heather to be one of the nicest and friendly girls in my graduating class. Her and her family are in my prayers everyday and I hope she is found safe. I just can't believe she has been missing for more than a month and there has not been anything on the news of a search or leads or pretty much anything. That makes me really sad considering I have seen missing persons cases such as Lacey Peterson (I am not making accusations, just an example) where it was on the news daily nationwide and in Heather's case I found out just last week by reading the interview in our hometown newspaper. Had I not read that, I would have never known. Why is it some cases are treated more urgent and important than others?

Awwww, welcome, supermom. :( I'm sorry it's under these circumstances.

I have not seen any updates. Do you have any family contacts that you could call to see what they know? They must be out of their mind. :(

Do you know her husband?

I can only think that LE might think she just left and that's why there's not a lot of media attention on this one? I do hope she's found soon, safe and alive.

Take care. :blowkiss:

How on Earth can this case just go........ forgotten...... why isn't SOMEONE (especially her husband!) keeping this alive??

Reactions: d4j
Heather is/was a beautiful person who loves life, her son, her career, and her huge social network. She did not run away from her life. She was injured by someone and many people are searching parks, waterways, and trails but to no avail. The police have been and are very active in trying to locate her. Posters have been put up, rewards have been issed, psychics have been used, dogs have been used, but still no Heather. She has to be in the Portland area, and someone has to know or have seen something will will help find her. Did someone where she lives see something? Where is her car-did anyone see anything? Please call the Police if you can assist. At this point all are concerned with finding her, not with the who done it. Please advise of any ideas that will help find her.

gigperson - are you a personal friend/family member of Heather? Why is there no media attention to this case?!?!?!

When I read this thread about Heather Mallory, my memory flashed back to Brandi Laurent who went missing from Kiln, MS . Her husband Leo(?) said (IIRC) that she had been out with friends and never came home. Trying to somewhat smear Brandi's image. She was later found murdered ( I think Leo is on trial for that....dang should have looked it up before posting)

Not saying that Heather's husband had anything to do with her being missing, but this story just echoes so many others.:mad:

I hope Heather is found safe and really just went away for awhile.

Car of missing Portland mom located, reward increased.

In the imbedded video the reporter says Heather had file a restraining order against her husband in 2006.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_050208_news_missing_woman_mallory.bfb9889a.html

(snips)
Authorities confirmed Heather's car was located several weeks ago but they would not reveal where it was found or what evidence may have been collected from it.

When asked why Brian was not at the press conference, Heather's parents said they had told him to stay home. They also said that the couple had been having financial problems and were struggling in their marriage.

Heather and Brian have a young son named River and family members don't think she would intentionally leave without him.

Days after her disappearance, Brian made a plea on television for her return.

Reactions: d4j
http://www.kptv.com/news/16141325/detail.html

(snip)
She had a $400 or $500 check sitting on the counter so the chances of leaving without money is not very high," Steve Mallory said.

Heather Cole filed a restraining order against her husband, Brian Cole, in October 2006 but while police call her disappearance suspicious they haven't named any suspects.

This article is a little bit different. It says Heather came home at 10:30am.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1209783303189550.xml&coll=7

(snips)
Cole had worked at the club as a server for 31/2 years. Earlier this year, she enrolled in culinary school and worked only private parties, weddings and weekends at the club. The night before her disappearance, the young woman attended Oregon Culinary Institute. She then spent the night socializing with friends, and slept at a friend's home after having a few drinks. She arrived home about 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 8.
Once home, she got into an argument with her husband. She reportedly left their apartment later with no money -- leaving a $400 to $500 check behind on a counter -- and has not been seen or heard from since. There has been no credit card activity, no cell phone use, no contact with family or friends. Police found her car in Portland several weeks ago.

When Brian Cole spoke to the media that day, police did not allow him to answer questions about a prior restraining order his wife had obtained against him. In her Oct. 2, 2006, petition for the order, she called him a "ticking time bomb with loads of anger festering inside of him. . . . I cannot trust him to be around me or my son right now."

But three days later, she asked the court to vacate the restraining order, saying he needed to see his son. She also said she needed to be with her husband so that she could work nights and days without paying more for child care.
"If Brian cannot see River" she wrote in the court document, "I cannot afford to live."
At the time, Brian Cole was unemployed and had struck his wife in the chest, causing severe pain, according to court records.

On Friday, Heather's parents talked briefly about their daughter's strained relations with her husband. They were married 41/2 years ago. "She and Brian did not get along very well," her father, Steve Mallory said. "That was her single biggest issue."

Bumping this up for Heather. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Thank you! Sooooo according to the hubby, him and his son were home sick, Heather came home, he was upset and left. When he got home she was gone? So where was the baby? With him or is he saying Heather left the baby home alone?

I wonder why LE will not disclose where they found her car and if there was any evidence inside?

Thank you! Sooooo according to the hubby, him and his son were home sick, Heather came home, he was upset and left. When he got home she was gone? So where was the baby? With him or is he saying Heather left the baby home alone?

I wonder why LE will not disclose where they found her car and if there was any evidence inside?

I think what he said was that he left and when he came back they exchanged some words and she left and never came home. I don't think the baby was left alone at all according to his story.

I can't figure out why LE wouldn't say anything about the car either. Its strange isn't it? Is that common for them to not disclose that sort of thing?
Edit- I'll watch the video again though- i saw it this morning when I was very sleepy:) If that is his story, it doesn't make much sense does it.

I think what he said was that he left and when he came back they exchanged some words and she left and never came home. I don't think the baby was left alone at all according to his story.

I can't figure out why LE wouldn't say anything about the car either. Its strange isn't it? Is that common for them to not disclose that sort of thing?
Edit- I'll watch the video again though- i saw it this morning when I was very sleepy:) If that is his story, it doesn't make much sense does it.

I know that the suspicion seems to be on the husband - although, my own first hand experience with the Portland Police Department - hope they have a PI or a County or State LE agency that can help them out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back