Found Alive OR - Heather Mounce Davison, 37, Dallas, 12 Aug 2017

The only thing that matters is that she is safe. Also her husband is an incredible hero of mine now!

Do rules allow me to paraphrase what is being said on that group or screen shots?

Thanks for asking, the answer is no. WS is a fact based forum and comments from individuals on that page are considered rumor.

The only thing that matters is that she is safe. Also her husband is an incredible hero of mine now!
Yes definitely beyond glad she is safe that is the most important thing. However there is good reason why so many are skeptical and there are other things that matter to this story.

Do rules allow me to paraphrase what is being said on that group or screen shots?
no that is not allowed per TOS. no screenshots from fb and we cant share what's said, either paraphrasing or verbatim. I assume bc anyone could go on fb and say whatever they want, whether it's true or not. now, if some news source wants to put their neck on the line and report on things posted on fb, we can link that and discuss it.

eta- oops didnt see KayElJay already answered.

If what I am seeing in a couple of comments in a news article is true, then MSM will report it soon enough.

In any case, I'm very thankful Heather was found safely.

yes, wrong thread!

Of Lisa Theirs? If those are what your talking about poor thing looked awful. Her back was so boney

no wrong thread sorry!

Do you have a link for them? I did not see them.

my apologies ... too many similar stories open

I apologize I did not. I may have jumped the gun on my post as I didn't view the video before posting. I based my statement on previous posts with the idea that's the video and article posted pictures of her seemingly well off. Where can we see the hospital pictures?

yes you are right! thanks for clarifying

I have not seen any hospital pics of Heather. I think LadyL is thinking of Lisa Theris. The only images of Heather I have seen is about 5 seconds on a blurry helicopter video. I don't know how people are judging what her clothes or skin or hair looked like when she was rescued based on that. She took two or three assisted steps while the rescuer kept his hand on her back/around her waist and the video ended. Other witness statements say she went directly from the helicopter to a stretcher waiting nearby and was loaded into an ambulance and taken to the hospital.

you can link the news story ...

If what I am seeing in a couple of comments in a news article is true, then MSM will report it soon enough.

In any case, I'm very thankful Heather was found safely.

Ok I will link the news story since I'm understanding that's allowed.
But please be aware that what someone (2 people) have indicated in the comments is rumour only...no way of knowing if it is true, and if it's not then shame on them.

(I've also read in various comments elsewhere that this couple are "good people", said by people who say they know both Heather and her husband.)

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...s-mom-found-alive-rescued-from-cliff.html.csp

It is interesting that he says "Where she went in at..." then he correct himself and says "where she parked" but this could easily be because he was under the impression she had jumped there where her car was found. He may have been walking the beach expecting to find her body on the rocks/in the ocean when he looked up. IMO, he sounds shocked and surprised and also a little frustrated with the 911 operator. Even the 911 lady thinks he has found a dead body at first when she finds out who the missing person was. Then she doesn't understand right away that this is Heather's husband calling. I think at the point when he says "she had to have been there for days" he is frustrated and trying to tell the 911 operator the urgency of why they need ambulance/rescue to come right away. It seems like he is also yelling at Heather to stay put and don't try to move anywhere while talking to the operator.
JMO.

I listened to the entire call. I think all parties involved seemed very confused. His first mistake was giving way too much information, too soon. He should have just reported that there was a person over the cliff, and that she needed a Coast Guard Helicopter rescue, and if that was not available, then a Fire Department rope rescue. After the Coast Guard and the Fire Department were on the way, then he could have given more information about who she was. Unfortunately he didn't give the important information first. I'm also not putting too much stake in anything that was said in the call. Just because of the state of confusion. I think he conflicted himself several times.

Ok I will link the news story since I'm understanding that's allowed.
But please be aware that what someone (2 people) have indicated in the comments is rumour only...no way of knowing if it is true, and if it's not then shame on them.

(I've also read in various comments elsewhere that this couple are "good people", said by people who say they know both Heather and her husband.)

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...s-mom-found-alive-rescued-from-cliff.html.csp

W.o.w.

Just a thought. Today I was on the coast hiking on a trail at the top of a cliff. The trail was sloped and very sandy. I was walking very carefully to make sure I didn't slip. The trail became increasingly sloped. Suddenly I started slipping and I had to grab hold of a tree root to keep from sliding right off the edge of the cliff. So I don't find it hard to believe that she fell and slide down the slope, until she managed to grab hold of the bushes. That's just the way the coast is. Many people fall to their deaths on the coast all the time.

Just a thought. Today I was on the coast hiking on a trail at the top of a cliff. The trail was sloped and very sandy. I was walking very carefully to make sure I didn't slip. The trail became increasingly sloped. Suddenly I started slipping and I had to grab hold of a tree root to keep from sliding right off the edge of the cliff. So I don't find it hard to believe that she fell and slide down the slope, until she managed to grab hold of the bushes. That's just the way the coast is. Many people fall to their deaths on the coast all the time.

Yikes!! I'm certainly glad you survived that scary event!! Hugs!

Yes, the coast treacherous, even if you're careful. Heather is very fortunate to have survived such a fall.

Yikes!! I'm certainly glad you survived that scary event!! Hugs!

Yes, the coast treacherous, even if you're careful. Heather is very fortunate to have survived such a fall.

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound that dramatic. It was just one of those little things, but shows how easy it is to happen.

https://thesiuslawnews.com/article/happy-ending-for-heather Saturday, August 19, 2017

"Denton Davison, Heather’s new husband of little more than a week, took up the narrative at this point in the discussion.

“I was looking down the side of the cliff and I heard a voice,” he said. “At first I thought it was the family behind me. Or a seagull. The wind was whipping pretty good and it was hard to hear ... and I turned around and looked behind, so I could tell no one was actually talking to me. I kept looking up and I saw her hand and arm come up. That was all I could see, so I just started waving back and yelling her name. I could barely even see her.

Denton said Friday that Davison was doing well. She had sustained minor injuries from her fall and was having some memory issues related to the accident, but her prognosis was good."

https://thesiuslawnews.com/article/happy-ending-for-heather Saturday, August 19, 2017

"Denton Davison, Heather’s new husband of little more than a week, took up the narrative at this point in the discussion.

“I was looking down the side of the cliff and I heard a voice,” he said. “At first I thought it was the family behind me. Or a seagull. The wind was whipping pretty good and it was hard to hear ... and I turned around and looked behind, so I could tell no one was actually talking to me. I kept looking up and I saw her hand and arm come up. That was all I could see, so I just started waving back and yelling her name. I could barely even see her.

Denton said Friday that Davison was doing well. She had sustained minor injuries from her fall and was having some memory issues related to the accident, but her prognosis was good."

incredible!

yes, wrong thread!

no wrong thread sorry!

my apologies ... too many similar stories open

yes you are right! thanks for clarifying

:floorlaugh: (Laughing WITH you, not AT you)

Can I save your responses, as I need them often! :giggle:

My modus operandi is I open my subscription page, then right click to open in new tabs, up to 7 cases I want to read updates on in those new tabs. Heck, I often just leave those tabs open all day and refresh those tabs later in the day.

That gives way to mixing up cases/responses, and also posting in "media only threads" my comments, for which I have to apologize.

:seeya: Been there, done that... !

I'm still having a hard time understanding him. He was looking down and heard her voice. So he kept looking up. So was he looking up or was he looking down? I still have no clue of his actual location when he found her.

In the 911 call he said he was down on the rocky beach. That would make it sound like he was down at the water, but that would be pretty much impossible. So it sounds like maybe he climbed partway down the cliff, and was at about the same level as she was, and seems to be mixed up if he was looking up or down.

Memory issues related to the accident.

Hmmmmmm

I'm still having a hard time understanding him. He was looking down and heard her voice. So he kept looking up. So was he looking up or was he looking down? I still have no clue of his actual location when he found her.

In the 911 call he said he was down on the rocky beach. That would make it sound like he was down at the water, but that would be pretty much impossible. So it sounds like maybe he climbed partway down the cliff, and was at about the same level as she was, and seems to be mixed up if he was looking up or down.

The only way I can make sense of his "up and down" is if he was partway down the cliff or even on the rocks near the water (if possible) looking "down" meaning "along" the cliff horizontally ("I looked down the road", for example). If he was positioned below her location, then he would look "up" and see her hand waving. It doesn't sound like he was very close to her, horizontally speaking (he could "barely even see her"), so perhaps there are rocks further away from her location he could have reached to scan "down" (along) the cliff. Just guessing about his possible word usage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragin_Cajun83
Back