OR OR - Jeremy Bright, 14, Myrtle Point, 14 Aug 1986

Hello, I saw this at DoeNetwork and see some similarities: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/695umca.html 890 mi, 13 hours 26 mins
In current traffic: 13 hours 41 mins
(the timeline fits)

The only thing is the tooth problem.

In the picture Jeremy has perfect teeth, he would have needed to have lost his tooth at least a few weeks prior for the other one to start slanting that way

You never know-i'd say submit it....look at the Colleen Orsborn case. You just can never be to sure:)

I remember watching a documentary on Jeremy's disappearance. So many rumors, and so little to go on. I do not think he left of his own accord, it sounds like he loved his family too much to ever do that to them. To me, it sounds like there may have been a violent altercation that led to something worse which led to a cover up??
His case kinda reminds me of Randy Lee Sellers from KY.

First I am so sorry for the family, that being said this only has one more day on the front page of websluths I am sorry I just seen it today.

I have a question. When watching the first video from unsolved mystery's, Jeremy's mom came to pick him up at his step dads house she went in and his watch, wallet and keys were on the counter, does that mean he had went home? Did he leave again if so why without his watch, wallet at least. Or is this not even what really happened.

Hello, I saw this at DoeNetwork and see some similarities: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/695umca.html 890 mi, 13 hours 26 mins
In current traffic: 13 hours 41 mins
(the timeline fits)

I looked and the timeline does fit however Jeremy had dark hair and was 6'0" the last time he was measured prior to the basketball season starting. He also had no missing teeth and no scar as described on his chin. His DNA, fingerprints and dental records are held by the NCMEC and the sheriff's department.

Hi, I came here via the notice on the front page. I've read what was posted here but I'm very new to the case. Has someone gotten in touch with S'te? Hopefully her brother's case being spotlighted will get more activity here and she might be interested in helping us answer some questions.

If it's not to insentive to ask, what was Jeremy's stepfather like? It sounds like they got along well but the second article quoted here states that Jeremy's mother and him were getting a divorce so I wonder if it's possible that when Jeremy met him the cafe that something happened. Maybe not since I'm sure a lot of people would jump to this conclusion and nothing indicates that he was ever a POI.

I wonder what happened to him, I believe that the other posters are right and it was either someone who travelled around or someone who knew Jeremy. If it's the former does anyone know if Jeremy would have talked to strangers? A carnival worker sounds like a plausible scenario because it's a stranger who wouldn't be immediately connected to the case by locals but at the same time it's someone who has a plausible excuse to be talking to children.

Our stepdad Oly was a logger. He would leave at 4am to take the crummy to work and was back after dark each night. My Mom had allowed us to go stay with him during the week of fair. I think Oly was cleared pretty early on. When he saw Jeremy that last time my Grandma was there as well as my Uncle (both from my Mom's side of that family) so if anything out of the ordinary had happened they would have spoken up.

The story that I have heard from numerous people that seems most plausible to me"
I have been told there were 4 guys involved, Terry Steinhoff, David Steinhoff, Hoyt Richardson and one other guy. The 4 guys took Jeremy and 3 of his friends (it may have only been Jeremy and Johnny but I've heard 2 other names) to the woods and victimized them. Jeremy threatened to tell Oly what had happened, they guys panicked because Oly was a logger who knew the back country well and they were afraid of what Oly would do if it was found out and they shot him.

Later that night Johnny appeared at his sisters house freaked out (the sister thought that Johnny had gotten bad drugs) and kept saying that they had to stay out of the windows or something would happen to them. That same night Johnny's other sister Cecilia ran into David Steinhoff covered in blood. He said he got into a fight with his girlfriend. Cecelia went to the police and was told that David had been in a fight, that's where the blood came from and that's where the scratches on him came from but Cecelia says that there was way to much blood for it have come from the scratches.

After that night Johnny was never the same. His parents took him to therapists to try to figure out what had happened with no success. They stated that whatever Johnny knew had been so traumatic and buried so deep that he may never be able to recall what happened. One time when Johnny was passing through town (this was many years later after Johnny had become a drug addict, alcoholic transient) a relative picked him up and was giving him a ride to Roseburg. As they came around a corner Johnny made a comment "If they want to find Jeremy they should look up there" and then clammed up again. Was he talking to himself and didn't realize what he had said?

When I asked a relative about that area I was told that after Jeremy disappeared they had gone to that area after hearing stuff around town. There was an old abandoned house there and they picked up a bloody sleeping bag that was turned over to the police. Did it have something to do with Jeremy's disappearance?

That same night that Jeremy disappeared the 4th guy (I can't think of his name at the moment and my notes are packed) came home. His girlfriend at the time (now his wife) thought it was strange that the guy came in through the back door, put his clothes in the washing machine and headed to the shower. The girlfriend went and looked in the washer and the clothes had blood on them. This same person also had a gun that he asked someone else to hide. That person called the police and turned the gun in. The police currently have that weapon in their possession. Is it the weapon that killed Jeremy?

First I am so sorry for the family, that being said this only has one more day on the front page of websluths I am sorry I just seen it today.

I have a question. When watching the first video from unsolved mystery's, Jeremy's mom came to pick him up at his step dads house she went in and his watch, wallet and keys were on the counter, does that mean he had went home? Did he leave again if so why without his watch, wallet at least. Or is this not even what really happened.

He left his watch, keys and wallet at my stepdads house that day. He had just started carrying those items and wasn't really used to having them. He was more used to just putting his money in his pocket

I also wondered that-what about the other two who were victimized?
It's always upsetting when there are viable suspects, and you just feel they did it, but there's no evidence...as painful as it is, it sounds like there are quite a few people who need to come forward, that is the only way Jeremy will be found-and who knows, maybe they will find closure of their own through doing that.
Have these men victimized anyone else besides Johnny and his 2 friends?

Those are the names I always heard. But never heard all the details. Wow. :(

I guess Johnny is not a viable source at this time because of drug use?? Poor kid. What about the other 2? No one wants to talk after all these years???

Johnny unfortunetly passed away in Jan 2011. He was homeless and found under a bridge in California. What ever information he had went with him.

Terry Steinhoff's father was also questioned on his deathbed by one of the detectives on Jeremy's case. Old man Steinhoff (I think his name is Stan) told the detective that he would not rat out his son and would take the knowledge of Jeremy's disappearance to the grave.

The two other friends I haven't heard much about since that time. The only reason that I can think that they wouldn't come forward is due to the stigma of being victimized in the way that they were. If they really were there I pray that they have the strength and courage to come forward even after all this time.

I also wondered that-what about the other two who were victimized?
It's always upsetting when there are viable suspects, and you just feel they did it, but there's no evidence...as painful as it is, it sounds like there are quite a few people who need to come forward, that is the only way Jeremy will be found-and who knows, maybe they will find closure of their own through doing that.
Have these men victimized anyone else besides Johnny and his 2 friends?

Terry Steinhoff killed a women in 1988 and was sent to prison. He killed her because she ignored his advances, stabbed her with a pocket knife and threw her over a bridge into the bushes below. A relative of Terry's (I know which one but to protect the relative I will not post it publicly) told the police where the pocket knife could be found. Terry told the police that if he ever got out he would eviscerate that relative. Terry went before the parole board and was denied each time. In 2007 he died in prison of a drug overdose.

Dennis "David" Steinhoff - is a registered sex offender http://www.sorarchives.com/citydirectory/OR/Myrtle_Point/Dennis_David_Steinhoff_486511

Hoyt Richardson (There is more than one it appears but the one responsible would be the one around David and Terry's age) I've heard conflicting info on. The detective says he seems nice (not sure which one they talked to) but many of the locals say that Hoyt is anything but nice. From what I've heard he left town shortly after Jeremy disappeared and didn't move back to town until a few years after Terry died.

He left his watch, keys and wallet at my stepdads house that day. He had just started carrying those items and wasn't really used to having them. He was more used to just putting his money in his pocket

Thank you
I don't know how to link but I just read something that your mom said, It sounded like she got there two days after he went missing, Where did people think he was if that is correct. His mom also said when she went into the house she thought it was strange his watch wallet and keys were there. Please do not think I am not saying anyone in your family is involved. I am just still bugged by this. TIA

http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2...attends-a-county-fair-and-never-returns-home/

Mods please remove my what I hoped was a link if it is not appropriate. :blushing::blushing:

Thank you
I don't know how to link but I just read something that your mom said, It sounded like she got there two days after he went missing, Where did people think he was if that is correct. His mom also said when she went into the house she thought it was strange his watch wallet and keys were there. Please do not think I am not saying anyone in your family is involved. I am just still bugged by this. TIA

http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2...attends-a-county-fair-and-never-returns-home/

Mods please remove my what I hoped was a link if it is not appropriate. :blushing::blushing:

It appears that someone transcribed several interviews or something and it's not entirely accurate. Also I think you are slightly misinterpreting what my Mom said.

What my Mom said “I went in and on the TV set was his house keys from our Grants Pass apartment and his wallet and his new watch that he told me he’d bought. I knew when I found those things that he was around somewhere because he wouldn’t leave without them.”

He had recently gotten the watch and wallet so he wasn't used to carrying them with him all the time. It would have been normal for him to leave the items on the tv set while he went somewhere in town. She knew when she saw the stuff there that he was around somewhere. If he had left (like left town) then he would have taken those things with him.

The bar/restuarant was owned by my Uncle (my Grandma's brother). My Grandma worked there and talked to Jeremy when he came in that night (Thursday night). I had a friend who lived two doors down from my stepdad's in the same building and I stayd at her house Thursday night. Friday my stepdad would have gone to work before daylight. He was a logger and they had to be at the jobsite when daylight came and worked until dark. Oly figured that Jeremy was with friends or another family member. When Mom got there Sat morning she went to work for my uncle (my stepdad was working that day as well) and told one of Jeremy's friends to let Jeremy know that she had made it to town. I went and found her, watched the parade and went down to the fairgrounds with my friend and her family while my Mom was working. My cousin found me later that day and asked me again if I had seen Jeremy because Mom was still looking for him and no one seemed to know where he was.

STE I am so sorry that you are all grieving and
Have not found the complete answers. Thank You so
Much for the updated information. I'm terrified just reading
All of the what "ifs" that Jeremy may have gone
Through? Have you ever heard about any jail house
Confessions from any of these men? I would be
So persistent with DATELINE, 48 Hours etc.. There is such
A wide population that view these shows . I would
Love to see Jeremy's case in a current updated light.
God BLESS .

I have been reviewing this case and strongly feel that police need to go back to Hoyet Richardson and ask questions....He knows and still lives in the area....David needs to be questioned again as well......I do not know these men personally but feel they have direct knowledge of where Jeremy is.....I will keep studying.....more later....

Is anyone still reading this thread?

What was the area towards which Johnny ended up pointing when he was in the car? Has police ever conducted any tests on the bloody sleeping bag? :waitasec:

:bump: for Jeremy. :heartbeat:

Snipped:

Jeremy was supposed to pick up his sister later that day, but he never did. He disappeared during the course of the evening and has never been seen again.

dpBuvOI.jpg

Jeremy Doland Bright

What a handsome young man. I hope someone finally finds the courage to come forward with more information.

I was just talking about Jeremy yesterday.

Have they taken cadaver dogs out at that abandoned Cabin/house where they found the blood and sleeping bag? Knowing Oregon climate it'd probably be too late to get a scent now.. But you could still till up the ground and see if you could find anything.

The fact that according to sources they were covered in blood but not filthy makes me believe he probably was just dumped somewhere above ground. I wish Johnny could have overcome what happened to him, it's really sad that many people don't get the help they need and end up destroying themselves just to get the bad memories to go away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back