GUILTY OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, 3, Salem, 13 May 2019 #2 *ARREST*

doodles1211

Reaction score
88d8e361-5aa3-4ff1-b00c-baa82fcc11be-large16x9_PhotoofKarissaFretwellandhersonBillyfromSalemPolice.jpg

fa1801d4-abb9-433d-97a9-cf21f3c53b15-medium16x9_PhotoofKarissaFretwellfromSalemPolice.jpg

Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a Salem mother and her 3-year-old son who have not been seen since last Monday, May 13.

Family members of Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, of Salem, contacted authorities on Friday (May 17) to file a missing person's report. They said she and her son, William “Billy” Fretwell, haven’t been seen since last Monday.

Police describe Karissa as about 5-foot 9-inches tall, weighing 135 pounds, with blue eyes and blonde hair that she dyes red.

Billy is about three feet tall, weighing 30 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

If you have any helpful information, contact police at (503) 588-8477. If you see them, call the police non-emergency number at (503) 588-6123.

Salem mother, 3-year-old son reported missing; haven't been seen since last Monday

Monday, August 5th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9:30am PT) - OR – Karissa Alyn Fretwell (25) & William “Billy” Alan Fretwell II (3) (last seen May 13, 2019, reported missing May 17, 2019, Salem; found June 15, 2019 approx. 10 miles west from Yamhill on Weyerhauser property off Turner Creek Rd. LE believe they were dead on May 16, 2019) – *Michael John Wolfe (52) “father of Billy” – sought for questioning since 5/23/19, arrested (5/23/19), charged (5/28/19), indicted (6/6/19) & arraigned (6/21/19) with 2 counts of aggravated murder, 1 count of aggravated murder constituting domestic violence, & 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping. No plea entered yet. Held without bond. Yamhill County (#19CR34514) will be transferred to Polk County
Court hearing from 5/24/19 thru 6/14/19 reference post #877 here:
Found Deceased - OR- Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

6/20/19 Update: Arraignment hearing moved to 6/21/19. 6/21/19: Wolfe did not enter a plea. He is being charged with three counts of aggravated murder (2 counts of aggravated murder & 1 count of aggravated murder constituting domestic violence) & 2 counts of first-degree kidnapping. (2 of those counts are for killing more than one person & one of those counts is for killing someone under the age of 14). These charges carry the possibility of life in prison or the death penalty. A court hearing for Wolfe is scheduled for July 10. Prosecutor files motion that was granted to disqualify Judge Ladd Wiles. New judge: Cynthia L. Easterday.
7/10/19 Update: Wolfe appeared on video screen during hearing. Defense attorneys John Sweeny & Dianna Gentry filed a motion to preserve evidence & notify Wolfe of testing. At Wednesday's hearing, Sweeny & Gentry were granted a hearing to argue to not use restraints during hearings while Wolfe is in the courtroom. The hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m., Aug. 5. Status hearing on 10/2.

Update #3 - Revised

KF is originally from Northwood, ND per her FB, received her AAOT at Chemeketa Community College, attended Dallas High School, formerly employed by Jimmy Johns and McDonalds, currently employed as an overnight security guard at Cascade Steel Rolling Mills and studying education at Western Oregon University. Morrison Campus Alternative School said KF was an alumna and was volunteering at the school this year (2019).

Feb 18, 2016 BF is born

2017 KF graduated Chemeketa Community College

Early 2018 KF was living at the apts per neighbor, AR, Google Maps

June 21, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Filed (Filiation), State of OR and KF Petitioners, MW Respondent

Sept 25, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Judgement establishing paternity

Dec 21, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Motion to set Child Support

Feb 6, 2019 Case 18DR13448 Show Cause paperwork mailed to MW; court records list his address 2700 NW Phillips Road

Mid-March, 2019 (reported as approx 2 months ago) Neighbor RA heard an argument in KF's apt "We heard a man and woman arguing incredibly loud," Allen said. "The man was swearing a lot and there was a kid crying in the background, and the woman was yelling at him to get out of her apartment."

Mon, Apr 15, 2019
Fri, May 3, 2019 KF’s vehicle was reported stolen (see May 8)

Wed, May 8, 2019 KF receives parking ticket 19PK98356 notated 5/11 as pending dismissal because vehicle was reported stolen 5/3, recovered 5/10

Fri, May 10, 2019 KF cited for two more parking tickets 19PK100534 and 19PK101147 on the day her vehicle was recovered

Sat, May 11, 2019 Friend MH last spoke with KF, KF asked about installing a Ring camera

Mon, May 13, 2019
  • 4:00 p.m. KF was last seen by her babysitter after she watched BF and met KF to return him. KF was driving the Mercury Mountaineer. [1]
  • 8:45 p.m. Cascade Steel video shows MW leaving his work area in a golf cart to a carpenter shop, then walking to a tree line that has access to the business parking lot. [1]
  • 8:55 p.m. MW was moving south away from his place of work [1]
  • 9:00 p.m. MW’s phone is connected to a cell tower in downtown Salem that would cover KF’s address [1]
  • 9:42 p.m. MW’s phone is still using the Salem tower [1]
Tues, May 14, 2019
  • 1:38 a.m. Cell tower info indicates MW’s phone is moving north [1]
  • 1:43 a.m. MW’s phone is using a tower in Keizer; still moving north [1]
  • 2:12 a.m. MW’s phone is using a tower near his place of work, consistent with the surveillance video [1]
  • 2:35 a.m. MW returns out of the same bushes and is seen driving the golf cart back to his area of work carrying a white trash bag containing unknown items, per surveillance video. [1]
  • 2:52 a.m. MW leaves the main building from a different door wearing his work shirt. He does not have his backpack but is carrying the white trash bag. Per surveillance video. [1]
  • Time (?) Location information placed KF's phone in the area of MW's work at 3200 Oregon Hwy 99 West, McMinnville OR. [1]
  • 4:34 a.m. MW’s phone is using a tower near his home [1]
  • 2:27 p.m. KF's phone sent a text message using the cell tower approx 1.4 miles SE of Gaston. The tower includes MW's property. [1]
Fri, May 17, 2019
Sat, May 18, 2019
Sun, May 19, 2019
Mon, May 20, 2019
Tues, May 21, 2019
Thu, May 23, 2019
Fri, May 24, 2019
Sat, May 25, 2019
Mon, May 27, 2019 A candlelight vigil for KF and BF is held at Maud Williamson State Park

Tues, May 28, 2019
Wed, May 29, 2019 Multiple agencies continued searching for KF and BF

Thu, Jun 6, 2019 MW was indicted on five counts; 2 counts of aggravated murder, 1 count of aggravated murder constituting domestic violence, and 2 counts of first-degree kidnapping.

Sat, Jun 15, 2019 The bodies of Karissa and Billy were discovered in a wooded and remote area approximately 10 miles west of the City of Yamhill. Officials said detectives “led searchers” there. Karissa’s COD was a gunshot wound to the head. Billy’s is undetermined, pending tests.

Mon, Jun 17, 2019
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 Michael Wolfe was arraigned in Yamhill County court. He did not enter a plea and is scheduled to appear again on July 10th.

Sun, Jul 7, 2019 A public memorial service was held at McMinnville's Church on the Hill

Wed, Jul 10, 2019
  • MW appeared in Yamhill County court
  • Judge Cynthia Easterday presided.
  • Defense attorneys John Sweeny and Dianna Gentry filed a motion to preserve evidence.
  • A hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m., Aug. 5 to argue the use of restraints
Wed, Jul 17, 2019 Shooter's Cafe & Saloon held an auction to help with funeral and burial costs and to fund a scholarship.

Mon, Aug 5, 2019 9:30 a.m. Judge Easterday, Motion on use of restraints, subpoenas, 40 minutes

Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 8:30 a.m. Status Hearing, Judge Easterday

[1] Michael Wolfe Probable Cause

I can't find a result for today... anyone?
This is what is showing on the court site for today:

08/05/2019 Hearing - Motion
Judicial Officer Easterday, Cynthia L
Hearing Time 9:30 AM
Result Held
Comment use of restraints and subpoenas 40 minutes
Parties Present
Plaintiff: State of Oregon
District Attorney: Yamhill County District Attorney
Defendant: Wolfe, Michael John
Privately Retained: GENTRY, DIANNA J
Court Appointed: SWEENEY, PATRICK JOHN

08/05/2019 Record - Proceedings
Comment Atty Sweeny to submit formal motion regarding subpoenas-to be heard at next hearing.

08/05/2019 Exhibit - List

OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search

I have nothing of value to add except to say how dare they threaten this young, single mom with taking BF, her son. I've dealt with similar circumstances and it creates terror, IMOO bc they knew her funds were limited, she knew that too, it created terror, he, they terrorized this woman. From all appearances she'd had enough and was standing her ground. Good for her! This is gut wrenching.

I found this at the Oregon Courts website:

10/02/2019 Hearing - Status Check

Judicial Officer
Easterday, Cynthia L

Hearing Time
8:30 AM

Comment
1 hr-motion re: subpoena exemption from local rule and status hearing

Which lead me here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3ImgfCAo0sqpAWwN77XZC5

It would seem that perhaps they are laying the groundwork for a settlement conference?

I notice that Yamhill County has local rules regarding victim participation in any decisions regarding ORS 137.700, mandatory sentencing.

I do not see anything else that would seem relevant.

Last edited:
It appears that the Big Bad Wolfe's drinking buddies from Gaston are raising money for his legal defense fund:

Wapato Showdown

Someone ought to show up with photos of Karissa and William to shame them.

I talked about her at the Wapato car show. Some of them were not pleased with my chatter. Team Karissa !

I talked about her at the Wapato car show. Some of them were not pleased with my chatter. Team Karissa !

She and her toddler were murdered! How could anyone be bothered for support for her? They might truly and delusionally think someone else killed her and her son. But if they are siding against her does that imply they think this man was justified in some way in killing them?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised with some people. It's amazing the mental somersaults some people can do to justify their friends or their "side" or what have you. I saw some people on FB today say to "not judge" over the mom who shot and killed her kids in Atlanta. WTH? Sorry. I have every right to judge people who kill their kids. My sympathy and justification for other people only goes so far.

I don't support or pity any man who wants to avoid paying to financially support any child he fathered. It's his responsibility to not father them if he doesn't want them. Children don't deserve to be treated like they are just leeches preying on their fathers.

People Like Those Assholes At That Show Don't Understand *advertiser censored* Because They Are NOT The Ones That Had To Look Their Child/Children In The Eyes When Karissa And Billy Were Found And Explain How They Could Never See Neither Of Them Again. That Is A Pain That Cannot Be Understood Through Empathy But Only First Hand Experience. I Never Thought I Would Watch My Friend And Her Son Be Put In An Urn At 25. *advertiser censored* She Was Only 25. Billy Was Only Two Years Younger Than My Boy. She Was An Amazing Friend Of 11yrs And I Am Damn Lucky To Have Known Her And Little Billy. But Unfortunately, People Like That Are Just Monsters, But Good Will Always Prevail. They Will All See It For What It Is Whenever In The Far Future He Admits A Full Not Story. I Will Admit Though, The Community Here On Supporting This Case Is Amazing, Keep Up The Good Fight For Information!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back