Found Deceased OR - Kendra Hanks, 18, walking from work along Hwy 42 towards Winston, Douglas Co, 7 Jul 2022 *arrest*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
The Sheriff's Office is seeking #PublicAssistance in locating #missingperson 18 year-old Kendra Marie Hanks.

She was last seen on Thursday, July 7, 2022, at approximately 3:30pm walking along Highway 42 toward Winston from her place of employment on Ingram Drive. She was last known to be wearing a dark blue tie-dye hoodie, jeans, yellow checkered Vans shoes and carrying a black backpack purse.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Douglas County Sheriff's Office at (541) 440-4471 referencing Case #22-2871 or by emailing dcso.pio@co.douglas.or.us

293017395_434845885354645_6773195224940095615_n.jpg

This is very worrisome. She might not have accepted a ride with a stranger, but I wonder if someone she is acquainted with might have offered her a ride.

ROSEBURG, Ore. - The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is seeking assistance from the public in locating 18-year-old Kendra Marie Hanks of Winston who has been reported missing.

Hanks was last seen on Thursday, July 7, 2022, at approximately 3:30pm walking along Highway 42 toward Winston from her place of employment on Ingram Drive.

Our newsroom spoke with her family who say this is uncharacteristic behavior. "We have no clues at all because it's just not like her," James Cooper, her step-father said. "She's so reclusive and she's only got a couple of really close friends -- and even they're worried sick about her. And it's very unlike her for her to deviate from her path. Same path every time. She's a creature of habit you might say."

Hanks is described as a white female adult who is 5'02" tall, weighing 140lbs with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last known to be wearing a dark blue tie-dye hoodie, jeans, yellow checkered Vans shoes and carrying a black backpack purse.

The Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with information as to her whereabouts or who may have seen Hanks to contact the Douglas County Sheriff's Office at (541) 440-4471 referencing case #22-2871 or to email dcso.pio@co.douglas.or.us

>>>And it's very unlike her for her to deviate from her path. Same path every time. She's a creature of habit you might say."<<<
(rsbm)

Oh dear.
Someone has noticed her, and her route home?
Even if her shift varied, it's possible someone found out where she works, and waited for an opportunity.
Or, just by chance someone/something happened?
I remember being her age (and younger) walking home from work at night, always on edge. A few scary encounters, but was ok.
And even for Kendra, it was mid-afternoon! I despair.
I so very much hope she will return home, safe and well.
Please.
Prayers from Japan.
Kendra, so many people around the world are thinking of you and want you back home!

I find it interesting when I look at her FB (posted above) that her pictures are unlike those of most 18 year olds we usually see where they look older. She looks younger and doesn't appear to try to be older than she is. I hope they find her alive and well and something nefarious has happened.
JMO MOO

I find it interesting when I look at her FB (posted above) that her pictures are unlike those of most 18 year olds we usually see where they look older. She looks younger and doesn't appear to try to be older than she is. I hope they find her alive and well and something nefarious has happened.
JMO MOO
JMO speaking generally, if one was described as "so reclusive" and never deviating from habit, that could in some cases imply that they reside on the autism spectrum.

ROSEBERG Ore. (KPTV) - Police on Tuesday were asking for the public’s help to find a missing woman from Winston, Oregon.

Kendra Hanks was last seen walking past B&D Meats towards Winston on Highway 99 near Grange Road in the Green District around 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 7, 2022. Investigators are now asking business owners and residents in the area of Highway 99, Pepsi Road, SE Main Street, NW Lookingglass Road and Brosi Orchard to check their security cameras which may have captured footage of Kendra on Thursday. The timeframe of interest is 3:45pm-7:00pm on Thursday, July 7, 2022.

“Any video footage is helpful, even if you don’t believe your system captured anything of significance,” Lt. Brad O’Dell said. “We ask that the community provide the footage and allow investigators the opportunity to review it.”

The body of a woman has been found in Cow Creek near Riddle, OR.
That location is about 30 miles SW of Kendra's home. I have a bad feeling about this. I hope it isn't Kendra (but it is someone, so is sad in any case.)

RIDDLE, Ore. — The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a woman found in Cow Creek near Riddle.

Around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday (July 13), the Sheriff's Office was notified of a deceased person found in Cow Creek in approximately the 9000-block of Cow Creek Road.

Investigators responded to the scene and confirmed the death of an adult female.

The Douglas County Medical Examiner's Office also responded.

Identification and next of kin notification are pending.

"The investigation is ongoing and no further details will be released at this time," the Sheriff's Office said Thursday evening.

Douglas County Sheriff Facebook:

Kendra's stepfather AC has commented about it on the Sheriff's FB page.

That location is about 30 miles SW of Kendra's home. I have a bad feeling about this. I hope it isn't Kendra (but it is someone, so is sad in any case.)

RIDDLE, Ore. — The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a woman found in Cow Creek near Riddle.

Around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday (July 13), the Sheriff's Office was notified of a deceased person found in Cow Creek in approximately the 9000-block of Cow Creek Road.

Investigators responded to the scene and confirmed the death of an adult female.

"The investigation is ongoing and no further details will be released at this time," the Sheriff's Office said Thursday evening.

So if Kendra was last seen near B&D Meats - 9000 Cow Creek Road is 34 miles away. Pretty isolated area, but there is what looks to be a small farm/house nearby.

AC is not her step-father, he is her bio-dad (Kendra's aunt corrected poster who stated that). I just realized Kendra's mom works at the place she was last seen near. Woah, that kind of stirs my hinky meter ...

3 days ago — Kendra Hanks was last seen walking past B&D Meats towards Winston on Highway 99 near Grange Road in the Green District around 4:00 p.m

<modsnip>

Hoping against the odds this is not Kendra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no word on the identification of the body which was found - as of 3 hours ago :(
<modsnip>

Focusing on Kendra, I hope LE will provide an ID of the body in Riddle & more info soon.

Crossing my fingers that she just decided to take a break & will be found alive & well very soon.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa