OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have poured over step mom's facebook. I'm sorry. I can't find one single post, comment or pic that even hints at her involvement in this poor child's disappearance.

I'm confused about all this talk of step-mom! Why would she go to all the trouble of packing Kyron's awesome science project, help him get it in the school, help set it up, stay with him while he answered questions, be seen walking him toward his class-room - only to what? Do him in? Please someone - help?

The science project was already set-up. She did not bring it in the car that morning.
Also why did she decide to attend only in the morning for only the science fair - where as since she was not working she could have attended both the science project and talent show in the afternoon?

I am sorry if I implied that any one is guilty. All I know is that LE looks at family first in cases involving children. That is the most obvious place to look. Right now we have no direction at all. It's like the child just disappeared into thin air.

They look at family and also look at the last person to be seen with the missing person. It seems completely logical to me to closely scrutinize the sm since she is both.

Just an observation from looking at the picture of Kyron and his science fair project:

Look at Kyron's frog poster board compared to the science poster board from another child (to the right, same picture). It is obvious the one on the right was made by a 7-year old. IMO to me it is obvious that Kyron's was made by his SM or an adult, although Kyron probably helped. Could it be that she took the picture and put it on her FB because she was proud of it? That could be related to her participating in the science fair but not the talent show.

Also, didn't she say that Kyron wanted to show her his science project? But didn't she "help" him make it? I don't get it.

ITA. The little boy with the project that was obviously done by a seven-year-old compared to Kyron's, that is laminated, printed, hyphenated, and with the diorama that obviously wasn't done by a seven-year-old.

Again...impressions matter. What people see isn't always what is.

The science project was already set-up. She did not bring it in the car that morning.
Also why did she decide to attend only in the morning for only the science fair - where as since she was not working she could have attended both the science project and talent show in the afternoon?

Is it possible that the picture was taken when the project was set up and not actually taken that morning?

I would like to know if the search dogs caught and followed Kyron's scent... and where it led.

FBI Spokesperson Beth Anne Steele, in Portland, said the CARD team members are experts on finding missing children. A description on the FBI website says "CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children."

Meanwhile, parents and students are slowly arriving at Skyline Elementary School &#8211; at 11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd. &#8211; to meet with officials looking for any information into the disappearance of this second grader Friday. Appointments are staggered between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., with the last one wrapping up around 6 p.m.<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/95725809.html

Just an observation from looking at the picture of Kyron and his science fair project:

Look at Kyron's frog poster board compared to the science poster board from another child (to the right, same picture). It is obvious the one on the right was made by a 7-year old. IMO to me it is obvious that Kyron's was made by his SM or an adult, although Kyron probably helped. Could it be that she took the picture and put it on her FB because she was proud of it? That could be related to her participating in the science fair but not the talent show.

Also, didn't she say that Kyron wanted to show her his science project? But didn't she "help" him make it? I don't get it.

This is interesting. I thought the same thing. But when I was going through pics I ended up looking at the train/ bridges, and the mom said something about how that childs older brother did it for him , and as a teacher she would downgrade if she saw that. So unless Kyron is super talented, which he might be I do know a 5 year old that does great art, then he must of gotten some help. Even his bridge looked awesome. Or whatever it was. I'm not sure what I'm implying.

Past cases and stats tell us that the family and in particular the last person to see the child have to be considered first and ruled out, if possible. We don't know that anyone has been ruled out; if not, to me that means that no one saw stepmother leaving the school grounds by herself or saw Kyron by himself after she left. This does not mean she did anything to him, just that it makes it harder to rule her out.

Talking about the subject of the perfect looking family, I have a little story that reminds me of this.

We are a military family and a few years ago lived in Maryland on a Army Base. There was a community center in the middle of the housing area, with Super Saturday events for the kids. I always took my kids over, and there was another military Mom who brought her kids quite often.

I remember this mom and kids only because the daughter always had a back pack type thing with tubes running from it to her arm..for medication I believe. The mom was an officers wife, and didn't tend to speak to alot of others there much. The kids were always clean and always looked adorable though. The mom was always dressed nice and makeup, and seemed to take care of herself well.

A year later after moving from there, I read online that she had been arrested for making her daughter sick..(Munchausen by Proxy). I was in complete shock, her husband was an officer, she had a degree, perfect looking family from the outside. My point is, just because this stepmom seems perfect from the outside, sometimes this isn't the case.

The lady who lived on base with us, her husband was a Us Army Major who worked at Walter Reed Medical Center. The little girl had over 75 procedures due to her mom injecting her with magnesium.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?storyID=67898

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendi_Scott[/ame]

I've been quietly following the threads on Kyron & praying he's found alive & well very very soon.

I've read the relevant Facebooks and, while I agree some of the SM's postings seem strange, I really don't think her TV viewing habits are indicative of anything.

If you saw what's on my DVR, you'd see all 3 CSIs, Criminal Minds, Bones, assorted other crime shows & every single episode of Glee.
I'm not a singing psychopath, I swear!
And both of my children are home, safe & well.

This is what first made me start to wonder about her:

May 21: T. claims she went to the daycare at the gym to pick up her daughter, and a "seven-year-old" was shutting the door to the play area where the baby was, which made her fall down and cry. She says that the kid was "smirking" until she hopped over the gate and got in the kid's face about how to treat little kids.

Her story has more embellishment, but when I saw "seven-year-old," I immediately wondered if it was her stepson and if there might be some problems at home with Kyron acting out against the baby.

Just thinking out loud.
This is disturbing.. a 7 year old needs proper guidance from adults on things like how to treat a baby, not an adult "in their face" belittling them :( The 7 year old may have thought he was protecting the baby by closing the aea off so the baby didn't wander off. Smirk?? I doubt that. Sounds like step-mom doesn't understand 7 year olds at all, and to handle it the way she did was inappropriate if not verbally abusive. She has issues, IMO. What if an adult treated HER child that way? 7 year olds still have alot to learn, and not by such means!!

I have poured over step mom's facebook. I'm sorry. I can't find one single post, comment or pic that even hints at her involvement in this poor child's disappearance.

There is not any one post or comment or picture that made me feel like it was her. While looking through her pics and her FB page, I just felt like something was right, just my own personal feelings.

I don't think watching CSI means anything either... if it does then what does that say about those of us at Websleuths who read and watch the real life cases??

Her comments on facebook, DO bother me.

I find it incredibly odd that the parents haven't made a plea or spoke out yet. IF this was an abduction, that's typically something the cops/FBI recommend you do pretty soon after.

Another thing I notice, is that in most of if not all of the pictures that the SM is in with Kyron, she has her back to him, holding her daughter. I don't know about all 7 year olds, but my daughter is 7 and she is just now getting to where she doesn't want her brothers in her room messing with her stuff.

(If) Kyron did have a habit of getting upset at his sister for something like this, maybe the SM did get upset a little to much that day. Our (mine and my husbands) kids are biologically ours together, so I still don't understand something like that happening, but we hear about it in case after case. ....

This could be why the 16 yr old doesnt live there anymore? Maybe the SM is extremely protective of her daughter. Nothing can be ruled out at this point.

I don't think watching CSI means anything either... if it does then what does that say about those of us at Websleuths who read and watch the real life cases??

Her comments on facebook, DO bother me.

No, by itself it doesn't mean anything. But then again our seven year old step-child isn't mysteriously missing and we were the last person to see him.

I think her lack of response to the outpour of well-wishes, prayer, and sympathy from her friends on FB is one reason some of us feel something isn't quite right.

She has not been named a POI has she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member