OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only reference I could find either about both meeting the bus (the letter). Interesting to find out (which we won't) what the bus driver has to say. Kind of odd both parents meeting a child at the bus, unless maybe they when somewhere everyday at this time, like...the gym for instance. It appears there home is rather isolated so they may pick him up, depending where this stop is located. It is strange but there maybe a reason. Wish we knew.

Maybe he was using the Royal "We" and it was just his wife. After all, they have a baby as well. Unless it was a nice day and they walked to the end of the driveway?

Hey, Gidget. Which photo... that link takes us to the beginning of the slide show. Which photo number?

the second photo. dunno what's the matter with me, i thought i put the right one in there.

When LE searches house to house, do they use a scent dog too? I know they couldn't cover as many homes but can't help wondering how valuable that tool would be. Expensive, yes but worth it. Maybe it isn't practical because time isn't on their side when a child goes missing.

(I wasn't sure if they just walk through the house, open doors, sheds or if they yell for Kyron too. If someone refuses, do they get a warrant or just move on?) Please keep praying, he's out there somewhere.

I'm taking a break for a while; this case has kept me from sleeping all week and it is too frustrating when no information is available and what we do have can't be trusted to be accurate. The only true things are the facts that a child is missing and that LE is searching near the school and the family home, as far as I am concerned; I can't call to mind anything else that is known to be factual. We've kicked around theories enough to fill 9 threads and many are repeated several times. In most cases, I would go back and read over the posts, but in this case, much of the info has since been refuted, denied or simply "no commented" since the first time we heard it.

And we are no closer to any sort of answer and worse, I am not sure LE is either.

I do wish the best to those who are searching in that mind-boggling terrain and hope they find or have found the missing searchers and that no one else is injured. The facts of this search, it being so treacherous, are enough for me to believe LE is in panic mode. Searchs don't usually grow in size as time pasts, quite the opposite. LE may have thought the case was going one way and when they realized it wasn't, they raced back to search all over again. I just hope it is not too late and that those out there in the muck and brambles are safe. And I feel for the person who will have to make the call to halt the searches, if they don't find Kyron in the next few days.

Good night.

On one Criminal Minds show, one of the characters said that stranger danger did more damage than good BECAUSE most children are not abducted by strangers. They are mostly abducted by family and then by acquaintances. Only .43 out of 1000 are abducted by strangers. The statistics are different for teenagers, though.

Oh my! Thanks for letting me know. Now I feel bad. It seems difficult to know just how to educate our little ones on this topic, doesn't it? Maybe it would help if there was a secondary video to the first one, to help children talk to their parents about any family or friends of mom and dad's that the kids feel uncomfortable with and why?

At the karate seminar, they stressed kids learning about intuition and how to get out of a situation or setting that brought on that intuition safely before the abductor can get to them.

I so wish this case wasn't reminding me of the Tori Stafford case. If I am remember correctly, it was never confirmed what exactly the relationship was between Tori's mom and one of her abductors. That was a 'connection' that disturbed/puzzled many posters.

so FBI just followed up with me about the youtube video.
So at least we know now that they are looking at it finally.

Just heard on a KOIN UPDATE :

Parents of the students at Skyline Elementary have all been called in for a joint meeting. . . . . {that's all they said}

More on the late evening news.

I'm taking a break for a while; this case has kept me from sleeping all week and it is too frustrating when no information is available and what we do have can't be trusted to be accurate. The only true things are the facts that a child is missing and that LE is searching near the school and the family home, as far as I am concerned; I can't call to mind anything else that is known to be factual. We've kicked around theories enough to fill 9 threads and many are repeated several times. In most cases, I would go back and read over the posts, but in this case, much of the info has since been refuted, denied or simply "no commented" since the first time we heard it.

And we are no closer to any sort of answer and worse, I am not sure LE is either.

I do wish the best to those who are searching in that mind-boggling terrain and hope they find or have found the missing searchers and that no one else is injured. The facts of this search, it being so treacherous, are enough for me to believe LE is in panic mode. Searchs don't usually grow in size as time pasts, quite the opposite. LE may have thought the case was going one way and when they realized it wasn't, they raced back to search all over again. I just hope it is not too late and that those out there in the muck and brambles are safe. And I feel for the person who will have to make the call to halt the searches, if they don't find Kyron in the next few days.

Good night.

I totally feel ya. Will miss you--see you tomorrow. Maybe we'll all wake to some good news.

Oh my! Thanks for letting me know. Now I feel bad. It seems difficult to know just how to educate our little ones on this topic, doesn't it? Maybe it would help if there was a secondary video to the first one, to help children talk to their parents about any family or friends of mom and dad's that the kids feel uncomfortable with and why?

At the karate seminar, they stressed kids learning about intuition and how to get out of a situation or setting that brought on that intuition safely before the abductor can get to them.

I so wish this case wasn't reminding me of the Tori Stafford case. If I am remember correctly, it was never confirmed what exactly the relationship was between Tori's mom and one of her abductors. That was a 'connection' that disturbed/puzzled many posters.
Hurray for the karate teacher! I tell others that their intuition is their Guardian Angel. If it says something is scary, it is for a good reason
even if they can't identify that reason.

That photo looks like it was taken at a zoo.

Great picture! I see he's wearing his CSI shirt. I think he likes it because he likes science. I have two little boys like that. :(

Can't imagine buckling baby in the car seat, then both going to meet the bus. Just very odd. Also, considering that Kyron would have had his science fair project with him, it would have been a crowd in a Mustang, unless they were using Kaine's truck.
or walking. depending on where the bus dropped him off, they could have strapped the baby in the stroller and took a walk together to pick Kyron up from the bus stop.

I do believe that Kyron left the school area alone ; I think he went into the edge of the woods to look for something connected to his exhibit. Then, he became disoriented,and inadvertantly moved deeper into the woods. It can happen to adults who have some experience in the deep woods of the NW ; imagine how easily a 7 year old boy could become lost. And he was not missed for a very long time,which worked against him.

I think LE detected the pings of Kyron's cell phone ( I'm *speculating* here that he owns one ), within this specific 2 mile radius. They are going house to house on the off chance that someone abducted him in the woods,or saw or heard anything unusual. How heartbreaking this would be for his family ; LE knows the area he's in,but can't get to him. IMO Kyron is a smart,and probably resourceful boy ; all he and LE need is a little luck......

All JMO

Hi, I just can't imagine a child in the second grade would have a cell phone! That is major over the top to me. He should be organized by his parents so he is safe at all times like I was when I was a little girl. My mom was on everything !!

It is a fine line to walk. I remember with my kiddo when he was little...

He was playing in the yard, and I got in the car (told him to stay put and that we were going to go over some of the stuff I had taught him)--and I backed out and pulled into the driveway. Said, "Hey, little boy. I just talked to your mom and she said that you could help me go find my missing bunny. Hop in and we'll ride around the block and go see."

He screamed NO! and ran in the house.

Backed out again. Pulled in... "Hey little boy. Don't be afraid, I'm just going to ask your mom if I can borrow the phone."

He screamed NO! and ran in the house.

Anyway, that may seem silly, but he understood that people can be tricky.

However, if we were at the grocery store and a lady said to him what a cutie he was, he knew to say thank you.

I know I'm babbling. I took my son with me to the public bathrooms like at Walmart until he was eight. And when he became older, I only took him to one-stall bathrooms, until he became the 6'4" big boy that he is now and can easily defend himself.

I also taught my son never to eat or drink after anyone at school. To this day, it has backfired--he won't share a snowcone with me, or a bottle of water, or anything. LOL.

(Sorry so long of a post)

or walking. depending on where the bus dropped him off, they could have strapped the baby in the stroller and took a walk together to pick Kyron up from the bus stop.
I wished my husband got off work so very early so he could have helped me with the "brood" at the bus stop.

Anything else said ?

He called asking if I had seen Kyron.

I explained that I had left info with the police about the youtube video, that I had not seen him in person or anything like that.

That this is a long shot, but that I wanted it checked out.

He said he would go watch the video and gave me the correct email to send it to.. his own.. not the LE.

What does everyone think they are going to discuss at the parent meeting tomorrow? What can they discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502