OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read most of the threads since this case began last week. I have no idea what happened but I have to believe that LE is handling it correctly. Considering the terrain they're searching in, I can understand why they don't want everybody out there.

But if Kyron had gotten lost in the woods ... especially if he became disoriented and went into a panic ... Wouldn't you think some trace of him would be found? A scrap of clothing ? A shoe ? I'm just grasping at straws here.

Praying for a miracle for Kyron today.

Hi Mandy113 - I had the same thought. Wouldn't something have turned up. I was also wondering about open wells in that area. I thought someone had mentioned that there are alot of open wells. Is it possible he fell in one. Is anyone familiar with the area enough to know if this is true?

I didn't mean literally standing guard being obvious, I meant more in a manner of 'blending in' into regular school activities, functions and routines of a typical school day. It could even be a female plain clothes brought in as a sub or as office support, lunchroom helper, etc. Some position that would give them a 'reason' for being there, other than what they are really there for.

I'm just looking at it from the angle of, you have this suspect - possibly a staff member. You can't just remove them from the school without cause or proof to back up your allegations; you'd need confirmation. Likewise, you also can't close the school down either because you don't want the children around this perp. However, if they say its an 'isolated incident' and the perp does work at the school, for reasons unknown they have some info to lead them to believe this person won't target other students.

Does that make sense?

You mean if there's a person they have in mind who works there who has some sort of pull towards Kyron, like someone who showed a special interest in him or has said some suspect things to him before? Yes, I can totally see what you mean.

"hitting the gym" refers to "working out" IMO

Normally I would not question that meaning, and it may very well be true here, also. However, the context of the comments before and after that related to printing and distributing flyers. They were made to friends who were assisting in that endeavor and those who were familiar with the family and their routine. The point is, though, it was ONE comment out of hundreds on her FB. It was not at all what people have chosen to make it appear since then.

jmoo

But the school DID report Kyron's absense. It was reported most likely the way it is always reported... simply marking a child absent.

According to my theory, the perp knew exactly how much time they had and carried out their plan in the shortest amount of time possible. In my theory, the second location that the little boy was taken to, was preplanned and prepared.

I believe the main reason our views on the event are conflicting is because we obviously have two totally different theories on what may have happened. Can't say any more.

Well,at this point,I'll tell you what we know,unless someone else saw something and we haven't been told,this person knew what they were doing.They took a child under the noses of a school full of children,teachers,employees and parents and weren't seen with him.Which means probably that back door,had the vehicle right around that door and he left without a struggle.IMO

If he didn't wander out in those woods alone,which unless an older child was playing a prank or worse,this was someone he was possibly familiar with.My only other thought is Kyron was hid in that school in an area where noone would go and possibly when everyone was at the talent show would have been a great opportunity to sneak him out.So,the person would have known the activities of the day.JMO

So....the words of a classmate of Kyrons are considered facts? Seems to me accusations against the teacher should be treated the same as accusations against anyone else. LE hasn't implicated anyone in wrongdoing. What, if anything, has LE said about this teacher?

BBM
I haven't heard or read that. Do you happen to have the link to that article please? Thanks. :)
Hi, AlexixFresca,

I will look for the link, but can tell you now it was during one of Wednesday's Press Conferences. I believe it was the noon one; the same one in which the officer read the family's statement. It was not an article but an LE statement to the public. (I suppose it could have also been written up, but where I heard it was in the press conference).

I'm am just as obsessive a stickler for facts as you are, BeanE (and just as compassionate, too.) ;)

Gates did not use the words, "not at risk" in the same sentence as the words "isolated incident," as I stated in my post. In my opinion, what he said meant the same thing as "not at risk." You apparently don't agree that he meant that.

Remember back, thousands of threads ago, when you posted that Gates had said somebody had seen Kyron after the stepmom left, and I went back and listened to the press conference and transcribed it to demonstrate that he hadn't said that? I just can't do that again. I have to hold the computer up to my ear and listen to 3 or 4 words at a time and put the computer down and type them and then rewind and check them and then do it all over again repeatedly. I'm just not up for it. If it's that important for someone to go back and listen to all the press conferences to see if Gates has ever used the phrase "not at risk," I suggest that person do it.

I know you're a stickler for facts, and very compassionate too, Steadfast :) And I greatly appreciate both about you.

Yes, I remember about what I posted, and I appreciated you pointing that out to me. I went back and listened again, and found I'd been in error.

I said I'm obsessed with facts. I didn't say I never make mistakes. :) And I have no problem acknowledging my mistakes. You can find my apologies for them throughout this forum lol.

I agree, that if anyone wants to contend as fact that Gates said children are not at risk, they should provide the substantiation that he did indeed say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisFresca View Post
I didn't mean literally standing guard being obvious, I meant more in a manner of 'blending in' into regular school activities, functions and routines of a typical school day. It could even be a female plain clothes brought in as a sub or as office support, lunchroom helper, etc. Some position that would give them a 'reason' for being there, other than what they are really there for.

I'm just looking at it from the angle of, you have this suspect - possibly a staff member. You can't just remove them from the school without cause or proof to back up your allegations; you'd need confirmation. Likewise, you also can't close the school down either because you don't want the children around this perp. However, if they say its an 'isolated incident' and the perp does work at the school, for reasons unknown they have some info to lead them to believe this person won't target other students.

Does that make sense?

You mean if there's a person they have in mind who works there who has some sort of pull towards Kyron, like someone who showed a special interest in him or has said some suspect things to him before? Yes, I can totally see what you mean.

I've thought this same thing,and if the deskmate who said Kyron went by the class door to see the electric exhibit was the last sighting,why I've wondered what areas he had to pass to get to that exhibit.And that bathroom area the one commenter said she didn't want her daughter to go during the day.Any maintenance doors,closets,storage,any place where he could be taken into.Was he ever seen talking to anyone in particular in the school,etc.

Up to now, I agreed with the PP who thought Kyron might have been lured away by an older student. If that were the case, I think he would have been found right now.

Has anyone read the astros reading of Kyron's chart? It made me really sad.

Care to elaborate?

Yes, a couple of things....

1) The obvious one being none of the parents willing to show their faces or speak out.

2) LE has said this is an isolated incident.

3) What better way to get back at someone who "dropped the lip" on you than taking their child.

4) The remote location, i.e. Pacific NW.

5) Just a nagging feeling I've had for sometime now.

The classroom is 2nd and 3rd grade combined,had volunteers,student teachers,this was the end of the year,by now Kyron would be familiar with alot of people.And I'm sure they're talking to all the teachers to see any older siblings with the parents that had come that day for the exhibit.I can't see him leaving that school to go out in the woods on his own.There were too many exciting things in the school that day,he was really excited.

It wasn't just the gym visits that raised suspicion it was previous public discussions of workouts. Keeping on a workout schedule appeared to be a priority. IMO, THAT is what raised eyebrows and a perfect example of why if you are not going to go public, do it entirely.

I don't think that at the time (erroneously on her part) she considered her FB page to be anywhere near public. She learned it was, she fixed it. I am just not willing to crucify someone over discussing her workout ONE time after her child went missing.

jmoo

I've been staying quiet, but reading all of the posts. My heart is breaking for Kyron and his loved ones and I have needed to just stay in the background a bit in order to clear my head so that I can continue to go about my life. But, it's difficult as so much of my thoughts are dedicated to this case and to sweet Kyron.

Do we know if LE is planning pressers again for noon and 4:00pm PT today? I'm interested to see if something more will be said since the meeting last night with the parents at the elementary school. I know the reporting last night made very little mention of the meeting, but I suspect that that is, in part, due to the fact that LE may have requested they keep quiet until the press conference today. But, then again, I can be wrong...

My theory remains the same that we are dealing with an abduction (possibly by someone Kyron has been aquainted with -- even if just momentarily) and a "rasom" (ie. extortion, vendetta) situation. I'm still stuck on the possibility that the person who abducted Kyron is a female and is someone who felt she had ties to the family in some way and was rejected. Thus, she wanted to "take" someone important to them. I know I could be way off, but I can't get this theory out of my mind. There's also the possibility of a male-female team, but I still lean more toward the first scenario.

Regardless, I hope that we have more answers today and that Kyron can be brought home. Kyron's well-being is all I'm concerned with...

http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

They are live, before the press conference... (possibly their devoting the whole 11am hour to the search?) flying above the area. Looks like the "horse posse" has arrived. They are also showing waterways with boats...don't know if that is the search but it did look like an LE boat to me.

JTSYS - thanks for your expertise. I'm guessing fertilizers, weed killers, insecticides, etc would also destroy most scents, and I'm wondering what they might do to the dog's physical nose...are they damaging?

Hi eyes and thank you. I wish there was such a thing as a foolproof scent trail, we'd find so many more.
Fertilizers, insecticides and the like do destroy and contaminate scent. They also can delay decomp, and as a result contaminate scent for HRD dogs. One of the reasons why I asked early on if they were spraying in the area at this time.
You have a good eye, eyes. :)

Have been following this closely but had to take a break after Kayleah that one broke me for a while. I don't know what to think with this case no info just like we had with Kayleah and she was assumed a run away and we all know how that ended so I struggle with assuming he walked away on his own but it looks like that is what they believe happened so Godspeed we are on day 7. Let the ministering angels lead these searchers to Kyron light their way and protect them, let all things hidden in darkness be brought to light, comfort and strengthen family and friends, in Jesus name I pray. AMEN

So....the words of a classmate of Kyrons are considered facts? Seems to me accusations against the teacher should be treated the same as accusations against anyone else. LE hasn't implicated anyone in wrongdoing. What, if anything, has LE said about this teacher?

Who is accusing the teacher? My gosh, she has to be feeling awful right now, end of a successful school year and the unimaginable happens. She has to be there to help give the children some sense of normalcy,predictability, and say her goodbys for the school year. moo

With that said - I do believe the school has problems with internal security for their children. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74