OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he was asked what the $$ at the BOA fund would be used for - he said he did not know specifics - but hoped it would be used to offset some of the search costs.

Is that typical?

I mean, if the family were to call in private help - I can see that would cost them - but now - the LE official stuff?

I just never thought about I guess.

I know Balloon Boy's family had to repay - I'm not implying anything mind you - just curious.

does anyone know if there are camp sites there? maybe he went looking for the boyscouts?

I only remember picnic type areas. It's been many many years since I've been there.

I am worried about Sheriff Gates... he has been a consistent presence even when Staton talked. Even if he decided to stay home, take a break, spend the day with his family... one would think he would do the press conferences to keep consistency.

I hope he is okay and didn't have a total nervous breakdown or something...

Watching this presser I actually really feel for LE. These guys must be working so hard to find Kyron, they're under intense pressure from the public, the family, the media. As people it must be really hard for them, I'm sure all they really want is to bring the little guy home, it must be incredibly frustrating for them if they really have nothing (or not much) to go on. They must be drained :(

From this article:
http://www.cee.mtu.edu/~hssantef/sar/others/Hardy/Bloodhounds.html

“I said earlier Bloodhounds are determined and I mean it - when concentrated on a trail they are deaf and blind to anything else along the way. I've seen them literally run into a fence or parked automobile if the scent went that way (they just shake their head and start looking for a way up, under or around). Last summer I laid a demonstration trail for a friend's dog through a crowd of three hundred people milling around, talking and eating at a fairground. The dog tracked me thirty minutes later without hesitation.”

I read a story one time where one bloodhound tracked a little abducted girl for 14 solid miles, even though she had been taken in a car. Over freeways and everything. Lead them right to her body. Her name was Alie Berrelez it's on Unsolved Murders or something. Not relevant to this case really, just shows what those dogs are capable of.

Looking for witnesses who may have seen something suspicious ON HIS WAY TO SCHOOL? Huh?

To me that makes sense; possibly seeing if there was anyone or several people acting suspiciously, if anyone observed someone in the morning crowd of people who was 'new' or not accustomed to being seen on school grounds, unusual cars, trucks, vans, etc. Maybe even if anyone saw the stepmom with Kyron in passing while in transit to school or going between car and school? Btw, NOT accusing the stepmom here. Also, did it seem if anyone was casing out the school from a parked car nearby?

Investigating a link in Cali a possible sighting of Kyron in Cali ,

Wyreka(sp) police looking into a surveillance video from Walmart. Authorities there are sending the vid to authorities in Oregon. Just heard this by the reporters talking after the presser.

It's in the comments. We talked about it here back in Part #1 or #2. Seems like years ago.

Paraphrase: The kids are talking about thing they know or are suspicious about and have told some of it to LE. Other posters reported the comment to the tipline.

Okay. It said the source was the news article so that's all I read.

Hi again I posted this this morning about the white VW. Could I get some information on it. Has it been disproven that it is Kyon? It sure does look like him. :banghead:

I sent that tip to LE when I first saw it. I don't think its though.

Wow - news link is saying possible sighting at walmart in Oregon? Psychic generated - but surveillance vid with kid looking like him?

Why a different Sheriff yesterday and now another one today?Normally the same sheriff will talk on missing kids cases,even if searchers are from other areas.

I wondered about that too. I thought it was perhaps he was exhausted. IIRC a few comments had been made to that effect but unsure if it was direct to just SAR? IDK

I am worried about Sheriff Gates... he has been a consistent presence even when Staton talked. Even if he decided to stay home, take a break, spend the day with his family... one would think he would do the press conferences to keep consistency.

I hope he is okay and didn't have a total nervous breakdown or something...

family speaking soon, could he perhaps be with them & their group?

Did anyone else hear that about the Walmart sighting? Did they say Wyreka California?

I guess I have a deficit in language comprehension abilities.

Thanks -
BeanE

I didn't mean YOU didn't have those abilities, too, BeanE! I just meant that I am interpreting what Gates said as meaning "not at risk."

LE gave media white t-shirts w/Kyron missing type poster on them..
They said they were from the family..

I am in Ontario, Canada.

Just watched the news a few minutes ago and it said that this is NOT an abduction case.???

Perhaps someone well known to Kyron had a cell phone ping in that area that is being searched (Sauvie Island bridge.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74