GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

So from what I see on OJD today, looks like maybe a jury questionnaire and juror hardships for tomorrow? Are they actually starting jury selection for the Griffin trial? I updated Ken last night. 1710464149083.png

Friday, March 15th:
*Further Proceedings Hearing (@ 9am PT) - OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 7/31/23. Cases were severed.
Griffin Trial set to begin on 4/8/24.
Judge Christopher Ramras was presiding now Judge Jenna Plank. Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden & Margaret Burgess. Defense attorney Keith Goody.
Dribin Trial was set to begin on 1/29/24 continued on 2/5/24 & was cancelled. Lovrien plead guilty to 1st degree manslaughter & was sentenced to 20 years & no chance of parole on 1/12/24.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 2/8/24 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 3/1/24 reference post #836 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...2-portland-02-july-1999-arrest.153627/page-42

3/4/24 Update: Case management hearing held. Defendant's Motion to impose sanctions for discovery violations. Order-Denied by Judge Christopher Ramras. Next Settlement conference hearing on 3/12/24 @ 1:30pm with Judge Heidi H. Moawad presiding. Transport requested. And further proceedings hearing on 3/15/24 @ 9am with Judge Jenna Plank presiding.
3/11/24 Update: Release medical records to State by Judge Judith H. Matarazzo. 3/12/24 Update Further proceedings held. Judge Heidi H. Moawad. Present: Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden, Dep. DA Margaret Burgess & defendant. Exhibit (MCOHD 3.12.1) Next further proceeding hearing on 3/15/24 with Judge Jenna Plank presiding. Net further proceedings hearing on 3/15/24 @ 9am with Judge Jenna Plank presiding.

HI @LinasK how are things going with finding Mark? because he hasn't been located, or has he?
Thanks for asking. Unfortunately Mark's body has never been found. Recently his killer confessed in court that he dumped his body in a location about 30 miles East of Portland in a place called Larch Mountain. It's been 25 years, so chances of recovery aren't good.

What county is Larch Mountain in? I'll poke around and see if I can find anything.

Do you believe Lovrien is telling the truth about where he left the body? These remains were found south of Clackamas in 2002, with a post-mortem interval of a couple of years.

Interesting option, @carbuff ! :cool:
What if Mark has been found already, regardless of what Lovrien says... :oops:

Meanwhile, has the area been searched, @LinasK ?

Interesting option, @carbuff ! :cool:
What if Mark has been found already, regardless of what Lovrien says... :oops:

Meanwhile, has the area been searched, @LinasK ?
Mark's DNA is on file because they got both his parents DNA while his mother was alive, so we'd know if he'd been identified. He has been excluded from some matches. In previous years I'd checked on NamUs and the NMEC websites. I don't know if there's ever been a grid search of that area. We just recently learned of Lovrien's disclosure. Not sure why he'd lie about this info now,

Do you believe Lovrien is telling the truth about where he left the body? These remains were found south of Clackamas in 2002, with a post-mortem interval of a couple of years.

I don't know if those remains were ever submitted to see if they were Mark's. One thing that caught my eye was the Ford keys. Mark's vehicle was a Ford, but Lovrien had to have had a key to drive it to dump it in another area away from Mark's house, which he did.

This is the link for Mark's NamUs page, I don't remember where I found the exclusions now: Missing Person / NamUs #MP876
And here is his DoeNetwork page: 3847DMOR - Mark Jeffrey Dribin
The Charley Project no longer has his page up, but they also don't list him on their resolved case list either.
The NCIC number didn't work either...
One other thing- most recent detective on the case was McGuire, so disregard previous contact info for other detectives like Fonken.

Last edited:
I went back to page 12 of this thread- most of the last 20 pages have been since Lovrien was arrested- and the NamUs prospects for Unidentified People that looked promising in 2015, are gone from their site, possibly identified. #s 7309 and #7672. I welcome any other ideas.

This is the link for Mark's NamUs page, I don't remember where I found the exclusions now: Missing Person / NamUs #MP876
And here is his DoeNetwork page: 3847DMOR - Mark Jeffrey Dribin
The Charley Project no longer has his page up, but they also don't list him on their resolved case list either.
The NCIC number didn't work either...
One other thing- most recent detective on the case was McGuire, so disregard previous contact info for other detectives like Fonken.
It's too late to let me do further edits on this post. The detective above to contact is Brendan McGuire.

These are the exclusions on Mark's Namus. The listed contact is Heidi Helwig, detective.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1984
Date Body FoundApril 30, 2003
StateOH
CountyCuyahoga

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7309
Date Body FoundOctober 23, 2006
StateOR
CountyLinn

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP952
Date Body FoundOctober 07, 2001
StateOR
CountyWashington

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP787
Date Body FoundFebruary 09, 2002
StateVA
CountyRichmond

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP2672
Date Body FoundApril 05, 2008
StateVA
CountyPrince Edward

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6278
Date Body FoundJuly 10, 2007
StateVA
CountyBotetourt

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6305
Date Body FoundJuly 30, 2002
StateVA
CountyPrince William

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6315
Date Body FoundNovember 21, 2009
StateVA
CountyMecklenburg

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6637
Date Body FoundOctober 07, 2006
StateVA
CountyFairfax

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6638
Date Body FoundApril 06, 2006
StateVA
CountyFairfax

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP9764
Date Body FoundDecember 14, 2011
StateVA
CountyRichmond

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6725
Date Body FoundJune 08, 2000
StateVA
CountyVirginia Beach

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP9764
Date Body FoundDecember 14, 2011
StateVA
County Richmond

(The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

I don't know if those remains were ever submitted to see if they were Mark's. One thing that caught my eye was the Ford keys. Mark's vehicle was a Ford, but Lovrien had to have had a key to drive it to dump it in another area away from Mark's house, which he did.

Namus #UP8058/Doenetwork #364UMOR may have DNA so is probably ruled out. His specific exclusions:

MP5389 Thomas Sperb 10/01/2000 Clackamas OR

MP2089 Patrick Beavers 04/03/1997 Jerome ID

MP7909 Steven Frick 09/05/2001 Josephine OR

MP10893 Jerry Smith 12/24/1986 Douglas OR

Last edited:
Thank you Carbuff for finding these! I couldn't locate them. Looks like the majority of them were done outside the state of Oregon, and it doesn't seem likely that Lovrien traveled that far with him. One of the ones that I thought was a possibility, #7309 in Linn county, Oregon has been ruled out. So that's something... And yes, they have DNA definitely on Mark now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back