OR OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by Kat, Nov 4, 2011.

1. silversurvivor

silversurvivor Active Member

Oh no, I'm so sorry

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

2. Onebest

Onebest Well-Known Member

Sorry no match. Just checking this thread and was hopeful. Prayers.

3. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Thank you, it's always nice to have more people contributing and paying attention in the hopes that it will lead to a break in the case. I think we could find a perp easier if his body was located, but at least I have a detective reinvestigating now, so that's something.

4. Lins1983

Lins1983 Always smiling!!

just finished reading this whole thread. linked here by linask signature line. I have nothing to add just hoping for a resolution like the rest. my prayers for you and family linask. how is his parents doing?

Tulessa likes this.
  5. coeurfragile

coeurfragile Active Member

Any other hopeful leads LinasK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

I join with you in praying for answers. Sending prayers of love and comfort out to Mark's family and friends.

Hopefully an answer will come soon. You are a remarkable person LinasK. Your compassion and caring shines through all of your posts. I pray that you
    will soon have answers.

neesaki and Tulessa like this.
  7. j123

j123 Member

came after about a year to check in on this case that has been close to my heart since i joined websleuths. as i was reading the last few pages, i was so hoping i'd reach page 18 and see a post from linas announcing that the UID had been a match. the nose and eyes were so strikingly similar.

linas, you mentioned you had a set of 9 possibilities you'd narrowed down to 3; have any of the other 8 been tested?

neesaki and Tulessa like this.
  8. scruffydog

scruffydog Well-Known Member

Hi-I've just learned about Mark tonight, while working the night shift. A lot of people commented that someone must know who he was dating. I think that it's possible no one did. I feel maybe it was someone he met online? This makes my wonder if a computer was possibly one of the items stolen from his home? This could be done to hide an evidence trail. I also think it may be possible that he didn't truly have a personal emergency, but a date. He was said to have a very good work history, and we all need a day off once in awhile, maybe it was the only time this person could meet....maybe meeting him for the first time. Lots of maybes.....but it could very well have been a set up, if the individual knew where he lived...had arranged for a date at the bar, didn't show up, and was waiting for Mark in his home, with plans to assault him. Or possible they could have been there to rob him at the agreed meeting time, and Mark walked in on it? In that regard, it's very plausible that no one at the bar would have seen him with, or leaving with anyone.
    Not to be sickening, but I am wondering if only blood was found, or body fluids? If strictly blood, that seems less like someone he really knew or was dating.

9. NoseyInsomniac

NoseyInsomniac New Member

Hi. I'm new to the site and somehow Mark's case got on my radar and got my interest. Have unidentified remains like the one below (see link) been checked against his DNA? Maybe it seems like a shot in the dark, but these bones were found in Portland, the city in which Mark went missing (the estimated height might be a little too tall, but perhaps it's was over-estimated). There could be other similar unidentified cases as well.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8297

When unidentified remains are found, are they automatically checked against missing persons cases? I've seen conflicting information about this posted. I would assume that's the point of DNA databases, but I don't see any rule-outs noted for Mark or the above case.

10. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I'm pretty sure I turned that UP in a few years ago.

As for if DNA is compared, it should be but we don't know who holds each sample since we can't see that info any more so you have to hand in potential matches

Tulessa likes this.
  11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Tulessa likes this.
  12. gray_v

gray_v New Member

Thanks dotr,

I always come back to Marks case because I have a similar lifestyle to all intents and purposes. As soon as the net started casting wider about Bruce McArthur, I thought about Mark. As I’m on the other side of the pond (UK) I hope someone can set the ball rolling on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tulessa likes this.
  13. sasscasspdx

sasscasspdx New Member

I’m new to web sleuths and this case was on my mind. A few years ago I read about Mark’s disappearance online and it stuck with me b/c I work at the airport - I never knew him, it was before my time, but it hits close to home when it’s someone you could have known, could have worked with. I just read through the entire thread. I realized too, that we’ve just passed the 20th anniversary of his disappearance. Maybe that will get some renewed interest in the case. Linask if you’re still out there, have there been any developments?

neesaki, Tulessa, Roselvr and 2 others like this.
  14. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws sasscasspdx, thanks for "bumping" Mark's case!
    Portland Police on Twitter
    "Today is the anniversary of the day Mark Jeffrey Dribin went missing. Please help solve this Cold Case. https://buff.ly/2x5RZk0 "

[​IMG]
    8:57 AM - 2 Jul 2019

neesaki, Tulessa, cocomod and 3 others like this.
  15. annemc2

annemc2 her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis

Good to see activity on Mark's thread. He just looks like such a sweet guy.

Tulessa, sasscasspdx and dotr like this.
  16. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

Bumping Mark’s thread. Wondering how @LinasK is doing.

17. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry honey! :(

neesaki, apricotdeez and dotr like this.
  18. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Mark Jeffrey Dribin – The Charley Project
    Mark Jeffrey Dribin

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Dribin, circa 1999

• Missing Since 07/03/1999
    • Missing From Portland, Oregon
    • Classification Endangered Missing
    • Date of Birth 04/13/1957 (62)
    • Age 42 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'6, 160 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Shaved head, green/hazel eyes. Dribin had a mustache and small goatee at the time of his 1999 disappearance.
    • "Dribin resided alone in a house in the 3000 block of northeast 137th Avenue in Portland, Oregon in 1999. He was last seen at the Eagle Tavern on southwest 13th Avenue and Burnside Street on July 3, 1999. Dribin has never been heard from again.

His vehicle was discovered abandoned several days later near southeast 43rd Avenue and Division Street in Portland. There was no sign of him at the scene.

Authorities believe that Dribin was murdered inside his home between July 2 and July 6, 1999; they found "substantial forensic evidence" indicating a homicide had taken place there. There were blood spatters all over the walls and indications that someone had tried to clean up.

Investigators theorize that Dribin's car was stolen from his house and parked on the street where it was located. His body has never been recovered and there have been no arrests in his case, which remains unsolved.

Dribin was employed by United Airlines at the time of his disappearance."

neesaki, annemc2 and apricotdeez like this.
  19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Thinking that Mark may have met his killer at the bar and invited him back home.
    Mentioning a case from Vancouver, Canada because the gay victim in that crime, also worked for an airline, possibly encountered his killer at a club and was found murdered in his home. There is a parabon pic. from that case, fwiw, imo, speculation.
    Ws thread..
    Canada - Edgar "Iggy" Leonardo, 36, Vancouver, 23 Aug 2003
    July 10 2018
    Vancouver police hope new technology will lead to arrest in 2003 murder
    "By day, he was known as responsible, dependable Edgar, a hard-working employee who loved to take advantage of his job’s travelling perks."
    "Edgar had dinner with his parents, brother and sister-in-law, a regular occurrence in their close Filipino family. He left around 9 p.m. with plans to go to a club, but police don’t know which one.

He usually went out alone and liked the Venus Club on Main Street and the Kitten Theatre on Granville. He was also a regular at coffee shops and other businesses along Davie Street.

The next day — Sunday, Aug. 24 — Edgar’s red Honda Accord was found blocking a car in his building’s parking lot. He didn’t have a designated spot, so would sometimes double-park at night and then move the car the next morning.

Police believe he met someone on Saturday night, brought the man back to his apartment, and was dead before sunrise".
    [​IMG]
    Vancouver Sun PARABON PIC.

Burnside Triangle | Revolvy

annemc2, apricotdeez and cocomod like this.
  20. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I guess no new developments? I wonder where LinusK is, haven’t seen her here in a long time. Hope everything’s ok with her.

dotr likes this.