Found Deceased OR - Meighan Cordie, 27, Yamhill County, 18 Aug 2018

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Aug 20, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Yamhill County Sheriff's Office

Search Taking Place in Grand Island Area for Missing Clackamas County Woman

The Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for assistance in locating Meighan Cordie, a 27 year old female who was last seen around 10:30 p.m. on August 18th. Meighan had been attending a wedding in the community of Grand Island. She left the vehicle she was riding in after an argument and walked away on foot. Her phone and shoes were left in the vehicle. Meighan’s family contacted the Sheriffs’ Office the following day because they had not heard from her. She was last seen wearing a blue floral pant suit which she is wearing in the associated photo. She is 5’5” and approximately 160 lbs.

The Sheriff’s Office along with family and friends of the Cordie family searched the area yesterday into the evening without results. The Grand Island area is mostly rural farm land surrounded by woods and close to the Willamette River. Yamhill County Search and Rescue has been activated this morning along with air and marine patrol support.

Meighan has been entered into LEDS and NCIC as a missing person. If you have any information we ask that you please call the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office at 503-434-7506 or YCOM 503-434-6500.

upload_2018-8-20_19-43-48.jpeg

Clackamas County Woman Missing Since Saturday Night: Sheriff

2. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

3. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Volunteers who want to help search can go to the area and sign up. Helicopters are up and groups of ppl have searched various farm land properties. Not a place to be at night time due to the excessive amount of coyotes that hang out there.

4. swanniee11

On a side note, after looking at some twitter comments and one by her showing a picture of her saying she is on her way to a wedding, she is wearing what the poster's are showing. She is pictured in a car as well. Looks like she is the driver. IMO I'm just throwing that out there.

5. cybervampira

Canby Fire District

Missing: Meighan Cordie

Last seen in Dayton, OR on Saturday evening. Meighan is the daughter of a Clackamas Fire Captain, search efforts are underway. Please call 911 if you have seen Meighan or know of her location.

Height: 5’ , 5”

Weight: 160lb

6. cybervampira

7. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

The bolded part is interesting..... jmo

8. swanniee11

9. LotsaLatte

LotsaLatte Well-Known Member

Her phone and shoes were left in the vehicle? That bothers me. I hope she is found safe!

10. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Who was the argument in the vehicle with, and was it witnessed?

11. lymom3

lymom3 Well-Known Member

Yes...who says she exited the vehicle? Who was the fight with?

12. LotsaLatte

LotsaLatte Well-Known Member

The Dayton area is such a beautiful area with lots of open land and the river. I hope she is found safe and that whoever she had the fight with is being being helpful and truthful.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  13. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Oh man the opening post ... hopefully this ends differently than all the others!!

Why no details on who else was in the car? Had she been drinking?

14. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

It seems odd that she would exit if she were the driver. Maybe the argument (if the account is at all accurate) was about drinking and driving?

15. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

If she was wearing heels, which attending a wedding a lot of people do, she may have taken them off for comfort. I know I get those heels off the first chance I get. I drive barefoot a lot!

16. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

So let me get this straight. Mom and daughter had a fight, so mom stopped the car on a rural farm road, to let her daughter out to walk with no shoes and no phone, at 10:30 at night? :confused: :eek: o_O :mad:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  17. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

18. WonderMore

WonderMore Well-Known Member

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. I do not like this one bit.

Okay--here are some possibilities:

Possibility: Hopefully, someone she knows picked her up (could be someone from the wedding or a friend she contacted). But, this is unlikely because they would have found a text or phone call on her phone that was left behind. Doubtful.

Possibility: A stranger picked her up. If the stranger was harmless, she wouldn't still be missing. I hope this isn't the case.

Possibility: She got lost in the wooded area. Hopefully, they would find her alive and maybe just a little dehydrated and hungry. But, there is, of course, the other, darker possibility.

My thoughts are with her and her loved ones. Poor young woman....

19. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I thinking she decided to celebrate at the wedding with alcohol as is common and got a friend or family member who was not drinking to drive her home.

20. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

The first media feed I saw of this was from Mountain Wave Search and Rescue and since they mentioned she was the daughter of a fellow first responder, the rest of the news just picked it up. Clackamas County Woman Missing Since Saturday Night: Sheriff The area where she was is called Grand Island, and though it's not obvious from a map it is indeed bounded on all sides by water. Short of crossing the bridge there's no leaving the area without going for a swim.