OR OR - Oak Grove, Willamette River, WhtFem 30-59, 622UFOR, dismembered, in feed sacks, clothes, Apr'46

Well it was the 40's. I'm going to assume not a lot was done. There's no DNA, there's no samples, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but would Anna Schrader have descendants or relatives still alive? I wonder how hard it would be to seek that information out.

Coming up to 74 years soon. Looking for someone who knew anatomy and had access to bulk animal feed bags. Maybe a veterinarian?

Just noticed that Williamette River Doe's NamUs page has been mentioned, but never posted:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP12778
Female
White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: April 13, 1946
Location Found: Oak Grove, Oregon
Estimated Age Range: --

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
NamUs Case Created: July 30, 2014
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
County: Clackamas County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --

Circumstances of Recovery
Fully clothed torso of W/F was found floating in the Williamette River, area of Oak Grove, Oregon. Later the head was recovered down river.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Brown and graying hair, in curlers and pins
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: Brown slacks, dark blue sweater, long underclothing, black dress material and topcoat

----------------------

Uhm.. is there any way to fix the typo ("Willamette") in the thread title? @mods?

Just noticed that Williamette River Doe's NamUs page has been mentioned, but never posted:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP12778
Female
White / Caucasian
Location Found: Oak Grove, Oregon
Estimated Age Range: --

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
NamUs Case Created: July 30, 2014
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
County: Clackamas County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --

Circumstances of Recovery
Fully clothed torso of W/F was found floating in the Williamette River, area of Oak Grove, Oregon. Later the head was recovered down river.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Brown and graying hair, in curlers and pins
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: Brown slacks, dark blue sweater, long underclothing, black dress material and topcoat

----------------------

Uhm.. is there any way to fix the typo ("Willamette") in the thread title? @mods?
I think Willamette is the correct spelling, and the people who inputted the case in NamUs made that typo.

I think Willamette is the correct spelling, and the people who inputted the case in NamUs made that typo.
Aha! A wee bit sloppy of NamUs, then :rolleyes: Good to know the thread title is correct. Thanks, GJKJR!

Namus shows this case was reviewed last month. www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/12778?nav
Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found April 13, 1946
Location Found Oak Grove, Oregon
Associated Case
Case Numbers
ME/C Case Number 46-22603
Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death1946
Estimated PMI Weeks
Height5' 2"(62 inches) , Estimated
Weight 115 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found April 13, 1946
NamUs Case Created July 30, 2014
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Oak Grove, Oregon
County Clackamas County
Circumstances of Recovery - Fully clothed torso of W/F was found floating in the Williamette River, area of Oak Grove, Oregon. Later the head was recovered down river.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description Brown and graying hair, in curlers and pins
Clothing and Accessories
Clothing - Brown slacks, dark blue sweater, long underclothing, black dress material and topcoat - On the Body
Biometrics
Indicates information not viewable by the public

No DNA and most definitely no body means that this case will most likely never be solved if not ever

While it might be disrespectful and pessimistic post a response like this it still will not change the reality of this case.it is all just monkeyrenching at this point

No DNA and most definitely no body means that this case will most likely never be solved if not ever

While it might be disrespectful and pessimistic post a response like this it still will not change the reality of this case.it is all just monkeyrenching at this point

Kind of my thoughts too but then they have her dentals and 25 years ago I don't think most of us could have foreseen the amazing impact of DNA, so perhaps something will come up in future, especially if Police kept any of her personal effects.

The other thing I was thinking was of reverse genealogical searching - she likely had children so if they (or other relatives) were searching for family connections and IF she actually had a connection to where she was found and IF the searcher thought laterally enough to check Namus, then... perhaps. But I agree it's probably a long-shot for this poor lady. Maybe LE should just do some MSM in the area she was found and someone might remember a rumour or a lost-distant family member.

so sorry for the duplicate post and I was too late to entirely delete it!

Last edited:
Someone brought up an excellent point. With dismembered body parts, how are all her clothes still fully intact? A “fully-clothed torso” was what was discovered. Not nude with her clothes found elsewhere. Dismember and then redress? This is such an odd case.

Is there a list of exclusions for this Jane Doe? If the dental ones are available, I suppose they could be compared with the dental ones of any missing woman.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back