OR - Photo released of Portland man who posed as police officer/abducted two women

There's several people by the same last name in Washington but they are all over near Seattle. That's a long long way from Clarkston.

Just keeping this scarry guy out there. We can't forget about him.

The link has some interesting comments. One saying he threw the phone out like he's headed East, but then headed to Mexico.

Hey, wherever he is somebody needs to be careful. Huge photographs of him here as well.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/87550127.html

Could this be him? Winklebleck?

His cell was found on US 12.

The other evening a woman was stopped by a car with flashing lights. The guy in a brown uniform said he was LE, and asked for her information. As that went on another car passed and then turned back around. The guy got out and spoke to the other man. The original guy left and the second man told the woman that the other had no jurisdiction over her.

This happened in Lewiston, Idaho on Route 12. The woman doesn't think it was Winklebleck.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/88693432.html

Are we just having a rash of LE impersonators or what? I can't forget about this guy either. He's very creepy and someone's going to get hurt...bad.

Here are all the custody dates for him.

Offense: Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle
Offense: Burglary II
Begin Date: 05/20/1986
End Date: 05/19/1989

Offense: DUI
Offense: Driving on Suspended License
Begin Date: 08/05/1994
End Date: 12/04/1996

Offense: Sodomy
Begin Date: 02/12/1999
End Date: 01/31/2007

So basically his crimes progressed.:furious:

This dude is super scawwwwy. Where could he be?

I remember starting this thread and I had NO idea the crimes were so violent. Thank God those girls made it out by the skin of their teeth. You know, we've all been young and naive and this wicked creep was so authoritative, I see just how this happened. What clinched it for me was that they saw two cop cars nearby. This perp had all his ducks in a row. I don't know that we've read of such a bold ambush in a long time. There is no way that this man doesn't have decades of crimes behind him. We have to find him.

My hat is off to those girls, though, when it got nasty, they fought like heck. You go Girls!! Thank goodness the one listened to her friend and ran. Can you even imagine having no choice but to leave your friend in the hands of that slime? That was their only hope.

My Lord, if either one was one of our girls can you imagine ever letting her walk out of the house again? I'd have her tied to my hip. I know you, Filly and Belinda, would too. I feel like I need to have my husband drive me to Portland just to give them a hug from all of us on WS. How I hope they log in here someday.

The angels were watching that night.

An update from a few days ago:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...Traced-To-Montana/9oroglsZA0OWSWlvdFlNYw.cspx

"Most Wanted" Sex Offender Traced To Montana

"BILLINGS, Montana - The national manhunt for an Oregon-based sex offender moved to Eastern Montana Sunday, after the discovery of the man's pickup truck. The dark green GMC Sonoma, owned by Paul Winklebleck, was found on Interstate 90 just south of Lodgegrass, Montana. Winklebleck is a registered sex offender in Oregon. A warrant is out for his arrest for sex abuse in Oregon....."

and

"....Winklebleck has also used the names Paul Rose, Paul Sullivan and Mike Benson...."

more at link

We've got to find this guy!!

So, I've been on Mapquest checking out this guy's journey. I've worried about a mysterious death for several weeks now but not made a connection to Winklebleck. Now, I'm not so sure. The body of 24 year old Shelby J. Carty (who was 3 months pregnant) was found in McKay Creek south of Pendleton, OR by some ranchers in mid-May:

http://www.thedalleschronicle.com/news/2010/05/news05-21-10-02.shtml

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=53329721

I have seen nothing about a vehicle found nearby and this is not an area that one could walk to. We're talking high desert here. Winklebleck's cell phone was found on March 20th in Clarkston, WA, Shelby was found mid-May, and his truck was found abandoned in Billings, MT on June 18th.

Could Winklebleck have picked up Shelby? By all accounts, she was really struggling at the time. Can someone else look at this and give me some feedback.

Prayers to Shelby's family. It's a sad story.

Beyond Belief--There is no way to be certain. However, I would have to say that I doubt it. If you look at the dates, Winklebleck would have most likely been in Montana at the time of Kyron's disappearance. He would be mighty foolish to circle back around and return to the Portland area, where everyone in LE is looking for him. I think he's heading east.

There's also the issue of his chosen victims being young women. I know that doesn't mean diddly but I'm just going on gut feelings that I don't think he's the person that took dear little Kyron.

I do, however, worry about Shelby. Why no news on that death? Even if she died of natural causes or suicide, how in the heck did her body get in a creek in the middle of nowhere?

If we have any posters who are local to Umatilla County, I'd love to hear what the word on the street is. If my dates are correct, Winklebleck could have certainly crossed paths with Shelby and she is yet another vulnerable young woman. JMO

I check to see if there's any news of Winklebleck every morning. I'm actually surprised that he has not struck again. The man is extremely dangerous, IMO.

I can't believe LE hasn't (in the words of John Walsh) "caught this creep" yet. I'm with Missizzy - he can't control those urges for long. This is one evil sicko who is out there just waiting to strike again (if he hasn't already). Unfortunately he also seems very methodical and somewhat intelligent. A very dangerous combo.

Where IS this man?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/americas_most_wanted_again_hig.html

America's Most Wanted again highlights Portland fugitive wanted in kidnapping after Snoop Dogg concert

"America's Most Wanted will again feature a wanted man who claimed to be a Portland Police Officer then abducted two women after a Snoop Dogg concert in downtown Portland in March...."

and

".....a tipster pointed police to a truck abandoned near the Montana-Wyoming border thought to have belonged to Paul Evans Winklebleck, a suspect in the kidnapping...."

and

"....Authorities say Winklebleck, who also goes by the names Paul Sullivan and Paul Rose, has a tattoo on his neck and back reading "Combative for God" that might be visible above his shirt...."

more at link

Over on the thread about the murdered young women in Philadelphia thread, I've mentioned this guy. He seems to be heading east and he does have relatives in New England. He can't simply stop his acting out. Someone is going to be badly hurt, IMO.

Where IS this man?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/americas_most_wanted_again_hig.html

America's Most Wanted again highlights Portland fugitive wanted in kidnapping after Snoop Dogg concert

"America's Most Wanted will again feature a wanted man who claimed to be a Portland Police Officer then abducted two women after a Snoop Dogg concert in downtown Portland in March...."

and

".....a tipster pointed police to a truck abandoned near the Montana-Wyoming border thought to have belonged to Paul Evans Winklebleck, a suspect in the kidnapping...."

and

"....Authorities say Winklebleck, who also goes by the names Paul Sullivan and Paul Rose, has a tattoo on his neck and back reading "Combative for God" that might be visible above his shirt...."

more at link

Over on the thread about the murdered young women in Philadelphia thread, I've mentioned this guy. He seems to be heading east and he does have relatives in New England. He can't simply stop his acting out. Someone is going to be badly hurt, IMO.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Yikes, Izzy ya have to warn me. I thought "Oh they got him" when I saw this thread.

Do not be sending him this way. Lots of cities to the East.

Honestly this guy is not the strangler. He might make it down the way by being a trick or buying drugs but that requires ya to get out of Dodge fairly quick. You get in and get the heck out.

He's mighty white that dude. He couldn't hang around. There's countless caucasian men with big ol' tattoos on their neck down there, but they come anad go quick.

Plus that guy is Latino or African American. Plus he know that neighborhood IMO. You'd have to know that neighborhood to go back on Tusculum in that lot.

Please let them catch this guy. He's scarry.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The thing that really scares me about Winklebleck is that he lays in wait. He really planned out his scheme in Portland. Two women? With LE right there? He's bold. No, I realize now that he's not your strangler but there was a few days last week that I was wondering.

The young ladies he preyed on were obviously coming from a concert--not prostitutes. I hope he doesn't turn his attention to prostitutes because those poor ladies never get the attention from the media they deserve when they get hurt.

It's been just enough time for young women in the Northwest to forget about this guy. Women in the rest of the country probably have no idea. Young women think they are invincible. That's what he's banking on.

Winklebleck was featured on AMW tonight. I truly hope they find him soon.

Winklebleck was featured on AMW tonight. I truly hope they find him soon.

I watched it..and that was the first I'd heard of this case. It's scary!! I'm glad this case is staying in the media and I hope they find him soon. I'm keeping an eye out here in Utah for him!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back