Weight: 165.0 to
State: Oregon
County: Multnomah
Appearance
Hair: Unknown or Completely Bald
Eye: Unknown or Missing
Clothing and Accessories
Transportation

Can anyone help me find photos of this MP? He has DNA available but he’s been missing for 98 years!!! We need to bring him home!

I find a Sigmund Myers in Bend, Oregon. Died 1955. Married a Mable Gertrude Collins and is listed in the 1930 census of Bend. He did live in Portland. I wonder if this is the person you are looking for?

I find a Sigmund Myers in Bend, Oregon. Died 1955. Married a Mable Gertrude Collins and is listed in the 1930 census of Bend. He did live in Portland. I wonder if this is the person you are looking for?
Possibly

Unfortunately I think this is probably not our man as Ancestry has multiple records giving the name of the Bend resident as Mayer rather than Myers.

Sunday, January 26, 2020
Missing: Sigmund "Sig" Myers

Sigmund "Sig" Myers 1920 was last seen in Portland, Oregon. He was reported later by family and it was believed he was last seen in 1920. He would have been 44 years old at the time if he disappeared in 1920. He is a white male. It was estimated he was 5'9" and around 165-175 lbs. Everything is in Estimated though.
SOURCES:
NamUs
National Missing Person Directory

LINK:
Murders In History: Missing: Sigmund "Sig" Myers

Thinking about this timeframe in history, 1915-1920.

The estimated dates he was last known to be alive were also the time period of the Spanish Flu. It could be possible that he fell ill and was an unidentified patient death.

As a patrolman, perhaps he was involved in something clandestine and got in over his head.

There is very little known about this case. But it seems that Sigmund might have been a patrolman, for sure. In 1911 he was mentioned in the Oregon Daily Journal for receiving a Christmas gift.

Attachments

• Sig Meyers christmas gift [oregon daily journal] dec 23 1911.jpg
    Sig Meyers christmas gift [oregon daily journal] dec 23 1911.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 5
There is very little known about this case. But it seems that Sigmund might have been a patrolman, for sure. In 1911 he was mentioned in the Oregon Daily Journal for receiving a Christmas gift.
Thanks for that gift of information, @milk, and for your first post on Websleuths!

IMG_4008.jpeg
I believe this is his 1914 Voter’s Registration based on occupation Patrolman and his age. “Siggie Myers”

ETA : also 1912 VR - police - “Sig Myers” - same address & age fits
IMG_4009.jpeg
Prior to that he is in the 1910 census, 34 years old, same address, shoe salesman, living with brother and widowed mother. “Siggie Myers”
and a 1910 Voter’s Registration, same address, 34 years old, sale (crossed out) clerk. “Sig Myres” and he signed it that same spelling “Myres”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back