OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

The hair and apparent tissue discovered about 2.5 miles from Stephanie’s home in May were sent to the Oregon State Police Forensics Lab. There are five lab locations in Oregon, including one in Central Point near Medford (close to Ruch), but the only one doing DNA analysis is in Portland. We know that can take some time, and of course DNA from a family member of Stephanie’s is needed for comparison. NamUs used to indicate whether DNA and dental info was available, but I don’t see that option now, so we don’t know if Stephanie‘s family has submitted DNA. This is always recommended in missing person cases as it speeds up the identification process.

JMO

Thanks @Sleuth2010. I hadn’t thought about asking @Dicentra about the DNA from Stephanie’s family. Hopefully she knows if they did submit it. Either way, I guess we have to be patient for awhile longer.
I just checked and don't see anything new. It would seem like they would have some kind of dna ID by now, it's been 6 months.

I just checked and don't see anything new. It would seem like they would have some kind of dna ID by now, it's been 6 months.

I can only hope that LE is tying up all the loose ends in this case so that an arrest and ID of Stephanie can happen simultaneously. There may be other DNA at the scene that would make the case a slam dunk. Hope springs eternal.

I'm not sure if this particular 5/3/2023 article from Rogue Valley Times has been posted but it has more details than most

On July 10, 2013, seven searchers using trained scent hounds and cadaver dogs searched the area near her home, according to news reports at the time. On July 11, 2013, another group of 16 searchers performed a grid search in different locations in the Applegate valley. A third search of the area was conducted with the help of a helicopter. All three turned up no signs of Warner.

Following this week's discovery, detectives are conducting a new search with search-and-rescue personnel in the area of China Gulch Road near Warner’s home, according to the sheriff's office

With 39 ‘reported’ missing persons from Jackson county, the recent remains found could belong to anyone but the first two MP in this area that came to mind were Stephanie and Fauna Frey. There is no word on whether they are male or female as there is an active investigation and very few details have been released.

They were found near Applegate about 15 miles west of Jacksonville.

April 18, 2024

Jackson County Sheriff's Office detectives investigate the scene where skeletal remains were discovered in a remote area of Jackson County, Ore. on April 14. (Jackson County Sheriffs' Office)

I live in Jackson County Oregon and I immediately thought of Stephanie Warner due to the area these remains are located. As much as I want the family to find her, I still hope at the same time it’s not her. I keep hoping maybe she is still alive and being held somewhere.

This confuses me…
A year ago, human remains were also found in the Applegate area.

At the time, investigators believed the remains might have belonged to 43-year-old Ruch woman Stephanie Anne Warner, who has now been missing for nearly 11 years. That body was eventually linked to an unrelated missing person investigation out of Ashland.

—————

Post 877 talks about remains found near Ashland belonging to an Ashland woman in April 2023. At the time we thought they might belong to Stephanie, but they weren’t.

The remains found on China Gulch Rd near Stephanie’s in May last year have never been identified to my knowledge. They are the only remains found in the Applegate area until this past Sunday. I think the reporter got it wrong.

Last edited:

I’m wondering why Stephanie isn’t on this list, nor is she on the cold case missing list for Jackson County.

• How do people get added to this list?
    • The missing person must be reported to a law enforcement agency and the law enforcement agency will enter that person into the LEDS/NCIC database as a missing person.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back