OR OR - Tammy Pitkin, 54, realtor from CA, was in Sutherlin, has 2 dogs, car found on dead-end road in Linn Co, 17 Oct 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Tammy-Pitkins.jpg

Tammys-dogs-scaled.jpg

Linn County Sheriff Michelle Duncan reports on October 29, at 10:52 a.m., the Linn County Dispatch Center received a report of a suspicious vehicle on a dead-end Forest Service Road off of Highway 20, approximately 30 miles east of Sweet Home, Oregon. A hunter in the area found a gray Toyota Camry with California license plates parked at the end of the road with no one around.

Linn County deputies responded to the location and discovered the vehicle was connected to a female who had been reported missing out of the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office in Northern California. Tammy Pitkin, 54 years old, was reported missing on October 26th but had not been seen by family since October 14th.

Tammy was last known to have been in Sutherlin, Oregon on October 17th. Deputies contacted family members and learned Tammy has no connections to the Linn County area. Members of the Linn County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue Team have been searching the area and have found no signs of Tammy at this time.

Tammy is described as being 5’4”, 160 pounds, with blond hair and hazel eyes. Deputies learned Tammy most likely has her two small dogs with her, a white/black/brown Jack Russell Terrier and another smaller white dog.

If you have seen Tammy or gave her a ride from the area, please contact the Linn County Sheriff’s Office at 541-967-3911.

Tammy's realtor FB page, last post was on 10/28, perhaps a scheduled post?

Tammy's FB, she's from Red Bluff, CA and is married.

Was she visiting someone in Sutherlin? Any locals, where is Service Forest Road? Why would Tammy go to Linn County if she has no ties to the area? Is it common for her to travel with her dogs?

<modsnip - unrelated>

I thought of Fauna Frey when I read this. The 45 y/o went missing in 2020 just south of Sutherlin, and her car was found abandoned on a forest road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. I thought of Fauna Frey when I read this. The 45 y/o went missing in 2020 just south of Sutherlin, and her car was found abandoned on a forest road.

Likewise! I also thought of Fauna Frey too! May her mystery also be solved one day. Amen.

A business broker, also a woman, is missing in the northwest. Can't remember enough to find a thread or MSM.

Dark hair, maybe brokered small air fleets? Idaho or Utah?

Car found, iirc, but no woman.

jmho ymmv lrr

A business broker, also a woman, is missing in the northwest. Can't remember enough to find a thread or MSM.

Dark hair, maybe brokered small air fleets? Idaho or Utah?

Car found, iirc, but no woman.

jmho ymmv lrr
Maybe you could supply a link?

Tammy's FB, she's from Red Bluff, CA and is married.

Was she visiting someone in Sutherlin? Any locals, where is Service Forest Road? Why would Tammy go to Linn County if she has no ties to the area? Is it common for her to travel with her dogs?
The area where her car was found is primarily the Willamette National Forest, and there are many little Forest Service roads and old logging roads. A car could be parked down one of those roads for a few weeks without being found, longer once it starts snowing. Hwy 20 is one of the main highways that crosses Oregon from east to west and is heavily traveled. I don't know when it started snowing up there, but where I live in lower elevation Linn County, it's been unusually warm until like ... this past weekend. According to ODOT's road conditions website, there's 4 inches of roadside snow now. Once it starts snowing, you pretty much need 4WD to go down any of the gravel roads - a Toyota Camry isn't going to do it. Cell service is sketchy at best, and usually non-existent, at least for me.

I'm from Linn County, Oregon and have spent a lot of time in the National Forests around the state, including this one. JMHO.

It's so very similar to the Courtney Shelton case. She is also in her mid-50's and went missing (with her dog) on the 25th October in rural WA, in an area she had no connections to, abandoning her car next to a remote gravel road.

I don't think these 2 cases are in any way connected as there are 330 miles between the locations, but oh my....what is going on in the PNW?
So many cases in the last few years of women's cars being found in very remote areas and the women have just disappeared and never been found.

I was thinking the same thing!

Summary timeline so far:

Oct 14: last seen by family (presumably in Red Bluff CA, but not confirmed in media yet)
Oct 17: last known to be in Sutherlin OR [was she caught on cam? Did she use her credit card for gas here?]
Oct 26: reported missing
Oct 29: car found abandoned in Linn County (report received at 10:52 am), approximately 30 miles E of Sweethome off Hwy 20, on a dead end logging road. (This is approximately 130 miles drive from Sutherlin.)

I had to look at a map to get my bearings. Would there be any reason for Tammy to be in the Sweet Home area?
Thought maybe she stopped on the way home to Red Bluff and let the dogs go to the bathroom, but it's north of Sutherlin.

Why was she in Sutherlin, did she meet someone there?
Where is her cell phone & purse?
Did she stay at a hotel? Was a suitcase found in her car?
Would she drive down an isolated logging road alone? Sounds more like a car dump to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back