OR OR - Theresa Marie Wine, 14, Portland - Unsolved Murder - July 1976

tbllk10450

Reaction score
I live in Oregon and have just started researching unsolved murder cases in the area. In doing so, I came across Teresa Wine. I can find little to no information on her other than the small paragraph provided on Portland.gov. She was a 14 year old girl who was found deceased. An autopsy showed that she "bled to death". They believe she was killed elsewhere and then dumped.

That is all of the information that I can find. Not even a photo of her. Does anyone else possibly know anything about this case? It seems like there should have been more attention surrounding the murder of a 14 year old child. It was in the 70's, so perhaps that's why there isn't much to be found digitally.

It looks like a reconstruction of her was published in a newspaper, but it isn’t archived on newspapers.com. I wasn’t able to find a photo of Theresa. Hopefully they were able to obtain and preserve DNA from the sexual assault.

I live in Oregon and have just started researching unsolved murder cases in the area. In doing so, I came across Teresa Wine. I can find little to no information on her other than the small paragraph provided on Portland.gov. She was a 14 year old girl who was found deceased. An autopsy showed that she "bled to death". They believe she was killed elsewhere and then dumped.

That is all of the information that I can find. Not even a photo of her. Does anyone else possibly know anything about this case? It seems like there should have been more attention surrounding the murder of a 14 year old child. It was in the 70's, so perhaps that's why there isn't much to be found digitally.

Welcome, Roxianna. I am so sorry for your loss. That a terrible thing to experience. Perhaps you can share your memories in the hopes of someone here being able to help.

Another teenage girl, Sharon Ryan, was murdered 5 months later. Their bodies were found, it seems, within a couple of miles from one another. Her murder also remains unsolved and I'm wondering if they could be related.

Was there any person of interest / suspect identified in Teresa´s murder?

Was there any person of interest / suspect identified in Teresa´s murder?
I'm not sure. I literally can find nothing on her case other than the little information you've seen on this thread. I submitted a FOIA request but it was denied because the case is technically still open.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back