OR OR - Thomas William Richey,16, prospect, July 11 1950

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing from a cable car suspended over a river where he like to fish? I wonder how he got to the cable car? Why would there be a cable car over a river?

There are quite a few newspaper articles about his disappearance. There is speculation he fell from the cable car and could have made it to the other side. The cable car automatically returns to the shore. He may have gotten lost in the mountains or been swept away trying to return. Many searches were done and they swept the river, sad.

There are quite a few newspaper articles about his disappearance. There is speculation he fell from the cable car and could have made it to the other side. The cable car automatically returns to the shore. He may have gotten lost in the mountains or been swept away trying to return. Many searches were done and they swept the river, sad.
Very sad indeed:(

Missing from a cable car suspended over a river where he like to fish? I wonder how he got to the cable car? Why would there be a cable car over a river?

Cable cars used to be used to get over rivers. I wouldn't picture a large one like San Francisco transit style. The following picture is of me in a cable car back in 1997. I couldn't imagine trying to fish from one of these teetering things. The youth made an error in judgment and his remains are lost in the river current, I think.

Attachments

• Me in a Cable Car.JPG
    Me in a Cable Car.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 46
Cable cars used to be used to get over rivers. I wouldn't picture a large one like San Francisco transit style. The following picture is of me in a cable car back in 1997. I couldn't imagine trying to fish from one of these teetering things. The youth made an error in judgment and his remains are lost in the river current, I think.
Oh, I see! That was not what I was envisioning. I was thinking this
636343283267886847-GettyImages-119691796.jpg

Omg that is not what I was thinking when I read that. That is so Tiny!! Omg he definitely fell out of it into the river. Omg.. unless he staged it and ran away?!

Okay to play devil's advocate a bit and just throw it out there - any chance he's this UID? On the chance that he staged his disappearance, or suffered some amnesia-type incident... I am seeing a resemblance in the facial features and ears, despite the weight difference and both men wear glasses.

UID Namus Profile

If this were a match, it would make Thomas 40 at the time, which is on the higher end of this doe's age range. The only rule-out for this doe is another person who was a boy at the time of his disappearance. Any thoughts?

That’s an interesting UID, @rylie113 . I don’t think it’s Thomas, though, mostly because it’s generally believed he drowned.

His NamUs profile says: “His fishing pole as well as several fish he caught were found inside the cable car….The cable car was braked in the middle of the river which is why it was presumed something happened causing him to fall or jump and ultimately drown.”

Now I want to dig around the UID you mentioned!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back