Identified! OR - Van Duzer State Park, Wht/Blk/HispFem 6-10, UP76624, Dec'20 - Haley Mae Coblentz

I wonder when we will hear more re: extradition or trial? I thought for sure something would have been in the news by now.

Also I’d love to see more details about the genetic genealogy- like how close of a relation did they find? Did they clue in to who her bio dad may be? I saw the date of October 4th mentioned, is this when it was confirmed to be Haley-Mae, or when they first suspected it was her? Also, how the heck did they locate SB and her partner? Seems like that would be next to impossible.

Also I’d love to see more details about the genetic genealogy- like how close of a relation did they find? Did they clue in to who her bio dad may be? I saw the date of October 4th mentioned, is this when it was confirmed to be Haley-Mae, or when they first suspected it was her?

I would love to share details about the genetic genealogy related research when/if I am given permission to do so. I think I can say that it was definitely not an easy case, and October 4th is when I first presented my hypothesis to Dr. Vance and the investigators regarding her identity.

I think I can say that it was definitely not an easy case, and October 4th is when I first presented my hypothesis to Dr. Vance and the investigators regarding her identity.

Well you certainly did something amazing. I’ve been near giddy about all these cold cases and UIDs getting pieced together lately, but it wasn’t until this case that it hit me what genetic genealogy means for the future. Soon it will be truly exceptional for remains to go unidentified. Haley Mae could have gone decades without her name if it weren’t for you guys.

I’m hopeful a case I think about will soon be picked up...

Well you certainly did something amazing...
Soon it will be truly exceptional for remains to go unidentified. Haley Mae could have gone decades without her name if it weren’t for you guys.

I’m hopeful a case I think about will soon be picked up...

Thank you and you are so right about being able to keep cases like Haley's from going cold thanks to IGG.

You never know what is already being worked on so I hope that case already has been. Some of these cases can take a very long time (while others take only a few hours!).

From the article posted earlier in the thread:

“She was a sweet child,” he said. “She called me poppy.”

(rsbm)

He said he plans to ask Oregon authorities if he can claim his granddaughter’s remains so she can be laid to rest near his home in Pennsylvania."

I have something in my eye.
That poor man.

This is complicated, let me see if I can articulate my thoughts:

SB and CC were together when Haley was born, though CC is AFAB and Haley’s bio father is unknown. Haley was given CC’s last name at birth.

LH and CC also dated, but LH and SB ran off together with the kids in 2015. CC was heartbroken but didn’t appear to have legal rights (unlike the father of the little brother who was rescued).

I am concerned because comments under one of LH’s profile pics on fb between she and CC indicate LH had an earlier baby that died. I hope someone is looking into that baby’s death investigation now that we know what she is capable of (that article posted above from Yachats mentioned that SB didn’t interact with Haley much but LH yelled at her a lot). :(

Please let me know if I’m breaking any of the rules. I apologize if so.

Namus UP76624
NCMEC Poster

Thumbnail

Demographics:

Sex - Female
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian, Black / African American, Hispanic / Latino (NCMEC states Caucasian with some Central American Ancestry)

Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name --
Possible Last Name --
Nickname/Alias --

Estimated Age Group - Adolescent
Estimated Age Range (Years) - 6-10

Estimated Year of Death --
Estimated PMI --

Height - 3' 10" to 4' 6"(46-54 inches) , Estimated
Weight - Cannot Estimate

Circumstances:

Type - Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found - December 10, 2020
NamUs Case Created - December 22, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed --

Circumstances of Recovery - The remains of a juvenile female were discovered at a rest area in Van Duzer Forest State Scenic Corridor on December 10, 2020.

Inventory of Remains --
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Location Found:

Location - Van Duzer State Park, Oregon 97368
County - Lincoln County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) --
Found On Tribal Land - No

Physical Description:

Hair Color - Black or Dark Brown, 12 to 14 inches in length
Head Hair Description --
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description --
Left Eye Color - Unknown (NCMEC states Brown or Hazel)
Right Eye Color - Unknown (NCMEC states Brown or Hazel)
Eye Description --

Distinctive Physical Features:

N/A

Clothing and Accs:

Found wearing a pull-up diaper.

Last edited:
FYI…this is from the local newspaper. Two women arrested for murder will be released
https://www.newportnewstimes.com/ne...cle_d2fc99fc-a231-11ec-9bb7-8babfd5e1ed3.html
Not sure what is happening…but I feel sick for this sweet baby girl. She deserves justice.

This makes me sick. I really hope they don't drop the ball completely and can still bring them back to court but I am scared because both of these women were essentially off the grid impossible to find before. Oregon has to do something, they have let these women go way too many times and Haley is gone because of it.

Any lawyers in this thread that can shed some light on this?

Additional article HERE

I'm going to try to think backwards so I can understand why in the world two people, who evidently killed a pre-teen, stuffed her inside a duffel bag, and dumped her like trash in the Oregon forest. This is absolutely insane.

just thinking it through…. Some ideas….

Lack of ability to solidly link the method, place, time of death to the two women? There may be no doubt in investigators’ minds that they did it. But they have to be able to link the act and the evidence to the court.

Or more intriguing, was there evidence that implicated additional (as yet unidentified) parties? Evidence that might have risked the court handing down a “not guilty” finding if the serious charges proceeded?

I'm no lawyer but this is my guess:
In Oregon murder of a child under 14 years old is considered aggravated murder which is punishable by death (although there is a moratorium on them currently). Death sentence cases have to be airtight or you can lose the whole case if you aren't careful so I'm assuming there was some evidence missing or too much circumstantial evidence etc. I find it interesting that they just dropped the charges altogether as opposed to filing for a continuance which would have postponed the trial and given them more time to collect evidence. It makes me feel like Oregon State Police dropped the ball somewhere ....

I'm no lawyer but this is my guess:
In Oregon murder of a child under 14 years old is considered aggravated murder which is punishable by death (although there is a moratorium on them currently). Death sentence cases have to be airtight or you can lose the whole case if you aren't careful so I'm assuming there was some evidence missing or too much circumstantial evidence etc. I find it interesting that they just dropped the charges altogether as opposed to filing for a continuance which would have postponed the trial and given them more time to collect evidence. It makes me feel like Oregon State Police dropped the ball somewhere ....
ah noooooo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back