OR OR - Vicki Hollar, 24, Eugene, 20 Aug 1973

The trip from where VH parked her car and her home was about 5 minutes in those days, lol. Now, there's like, 10 times the traffic.

I had in mind going off the Willamette Bridge (whatever format it had in the early 70's) in error, not driving through the Rose Garden.... AFAIK, we don't seem to know if VH planned to go directly home, or decided to run an errand, even if at the last minute.

In the early 80's, I remember thinking when driving past Fern Ridge that I could easily fly off the road and into the drink. While it might be true there were guardrails which theoretically would prevent just that, I clearly didn't have that sense of safety. On the other hand, a chunk out of a guardrail would have caught someone's attention.

Given the fact that Vicki had just driven about 2600 miles just a month before, I’d assume her Beetle was pretty well tuned up. While not impossible that it broke down, I’d bet likely not.
Lol, I have the opposite reaction. If VH drove that many miles in it, it almost certainly broke down! Cars broke down all the time back then, and flat tires were common (radials were still rare, and expensive). She could simply have sprung an oil leak, and she'd be in a big fix. She coulda put her foot through the floor, if she'd come from the midwest.... The belts would break, the battery would die, the starter would die, the gears would stick, the alternator would die, the clutch would go bald, endless flat tires, running out of gas. I had issues all over Eugene....

Also, if she had Illinois plates, she could have been picked up by someone masquerading/being as a cop, along the lines of "you are resident in Eugene, but your car isn't registered...."

I want to say I suspect Warren Forrest in this case but the missing vehicle part is what gets me. Almost all of Warren’s other victims were on foot when he abducted them or picked them up. I suspect Warren also could be behind the disappearances of Rita Jolly and Suzanne Justis as they both disappeared in his stomping grounds.

Vicki does resemble his other victims though and Warren was still free when she went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge
Back