GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #6

I come here often. This case captivated me from the get go. Thank You both for keeping Whitney's spirit in the forefront. You both are the spirit of what is still good in the world. God Bless.

Thank you Bravo, for all of your kind words! Also, thank you for thinking of Whitney often, and making wonderful contributions to this thread! It is always great to see you on here!

Thank you Bravo, for all of your kind words! Also, thank you for thinking of Whitney often, and making wonderful contributions to this thread! It is always great to see you on here!

Thank You tenfold. It's folks like you that keep us going when it's tough going. They are never forgotten. Some cases just grab your heart a tad more.

Sasquatch thank you so much for that lovely update. It has indeed been a tough month for the garden in ways that I wouldn't have expected. I saw elk hoof prints up on the berm last week when I was out and they are huge! It's really amazing they didn't damage the garden more while they were snacking on rose buds (they seem to be leaving the miniature roses alone so far). I was so sad about the bench but also relieved (in a way) that it was metal thieves and not someone specifically targeting Whitney's Garden.

Nearly a year gone without Whitney's smile and laughter and love for her family, friends, coworkers, customers, and brothers and sisters in faith. So sad, so senseless. The pain for her loved ones must be unfathomable.

Sasquatch, it has been a true honor to be your garden partner, and to represent all the Websleuths who care about Whitney. And it has been my most humble honor to help create a place that has brought healing to so many, in memory of dear Whitney Heichel.

Blessings to all who read here.

La Louve

Blessings to you as well. You both leave me without words. There just isn't words for such love and kindness.

Thank you Bravo. Your support for our efforts is so appreciated. Thank you for helping us keep Whitney's memory alive.

Sasquatch thank you so much for that lovely update. It has indeed been a tough month for the garden in ways that I wouldn't have expected. I saw elk hoof prints up on the berm last week when I was out and they are huge! It's really amazing they didn't damage the garden more while they were snacking on rose buds (they seem to be leaving the miniature roses alone so far). I was so sad about the bench but also relieved (in a way) that it was metal thieves and not someone specifically targeting Whitney's Garden.

Nearly a year gone without Whitney's smile and laughter and love for her family, friends, coworkers, customers, and brothers and sisters in faith. So sad, so senseless. The pain for her loved ones must be unfathomable.

Sasquatch, it has been a true honor to be your garden partner, and to represent all the Websleuths who care about Whitney. And it has been my most humble honor to help create a place that has brought healing to so many, in memory of dear Whitney Heichel.

Blessings to all who read here.

La Louve

Thank you, La Louve! It has been an honor to be your garden partner, too! Yes, the Elk are large animals. I remember seeing a herd of about 16 -20 Elk run along the tree line last Spring. Whitney's mom did tell me that she thought that Whitney would have smiled knowing that the Elk came over and ate the roses and flowers! It was a small insight to the loving, sense of humor that Whitney had. It let me know that the garden does not have to be perfect, to have the healing energy and love around it. Everyone still comes by and talks about and remembers Whitney! One bicyclist stopped and took out his last water from his water bottle, and added it to the roses. I had talked with him in June, and he had moved away since. He wanted to stop by while he was in the area, and visit the garden and say Hi! It has also been an honor to share the garden with all of the wonderful people, who stop by here on Websleuths. All of you are a part of Whitney's Garden, too! You all have Big Hearts! Thank you for the Blessings Bravo and La Louve! I send my Blessings to both of you and everyone as well!

I always love stopping in here.

Sasquatch the bench is stunning. It was the perfect touch.

LaLouve, your gardening is amazing.

Both of you are a tribute in and of yourselves and the garden reflects that. I am so glad her family knows about it and gets comfort from it.

Thank you both so very, very much.

Both of you are a tribute in and of yourselves and the garden reflects that. I am so glad her family knows about it and gets comfort from it.

Glow,HI! So nice to see you :)

Thank you for your lovely post. The garden truly has been a collaboration between Sasquatch and myself, friends and family and customers of Whitney's. It's grown and expanded in the perfect way each time someone has added a new plant. I feel so honored that the family not only approves but has participated.

I never expected elk to find the rosebuds a great snack. ;) In my own garden I deal more with slugs and snails eating things.

Thanks for stopping by!

:tyou:

You are welcome! Thank you, Glow! It is nice to see you again. Thank you for stopping by and thinking about Whitney! La Louve and I are both honored to help create beauty out there. As La Louve also mentioned, that the family and friends of Whitney, have added a lot to the garden. The neighbors have welcomed the garden into their community, and help watch over it. My prayers go out to Whitney's and Clint's families, friends and loved ones!

Sorry for being 2 months late to admire your garden bench, I wasn't online much - how beautiful it is and how perfectly you have arranged it! It looks very dignified and calm and inviting. Great job Sasquatch and all the others who have contributed to this lovely garden! The roses look sooo pretty, and the deer are so cute! What a heavenly spot this has become! :)

Sorry for being 2 months late to admire your garden bench, I wasn't online much - how beautiful it is and how perfectly you have arranged it! It looks very dignified and calm and inviting. Great job Sasquatch and all the others who have contributed to this lovely garden! The roses look sooo pretty, and the deer are so cute! What a heavenly spot this has become! :)

Thank you, Elainera! It is great to see you again! We added a fresh layer of bark dust to the garden last week, so that it would have a fresh look, for the one year anniversary of Whitney's passing. The garden bench lasted a short time, before it was stolen by some metal thieves. It was heavily secured, but they were able to remove it by using a metal saw. They had broken into other shops along the same street, during the same week. We didn't let this break the positive spirit of Whitney's Garden!

The good news is, that nobody touched Whitney's garden sign and the miniature roses are still blooming and looking beautiful! We might place a cement garden bench out there in Spring. The garden is still a beautiful place to go out to, even with the few pitfalls that we have encountered, along the way. Both Whitney's and Clint's families still go out there often, and cherish all of the positive that the garden has brought into everyone's lives!

OMG I can't believe it!! How low can you go to steal the bench at a memorial garden? Along with the bench they sure have some bad karma now on their shoulders!

I'm so sorry this happened, it was so pretty and perfect.

But glad to hear that the garden itself wasn't disturbed and the families are enjoying it. I'm sure it contributes to their healing process.

OMG I can't believe it!! How low can you go to steal the bench at a memorial garden? Along with the bench they sure have some bad karma now on their shoulders!

I'm so sorry this happened, it was so pretty and perfect.

But glad to hear that the garden itself wasn't disturbed and the families are enjoying it. I'm sure it contributes to their healing process.

Thank you, Elainera for all of your kind thoughts and words!

Both Whitney's and Clint's families tell us often, how the garden has brought so much healing to them! The members of the community, have expressed the same feelings. I will post a new photo of the original yellow rose, that I placed out at the garden last October. It was placed in a pot for over 4 months, with only mother nature taking care of it. After I finally placed it into the ground, last March, only one stem ended up surviving. Over the past year, that one stem has thrived and is on its second blooming. I was able to get a photo of that yellow rose a few days ago, as the morning sun peeked through the trees onto the roses. I am glad that I was able to capture that moment, and share it with everyone!

[URL=http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Sasquatch60/media/Whitney%20Heichel%20Memorial%20Garden%20Oct%2016th%202013/quoteyellowrose_zps1941a37d.jpg.html][/URL]

Hello everyone,

Wanted to update you all with some recent photos from the garden.

Last Wednesday morning, the one year anniversary of Whitney's death, I went out to the garden to pay my respects. I brought white/pale pink roses and baby's breath, and tea lights in votive cups, which I placed throughout the garden. I also brought my native american rattle and "smudged" the whole area (from the double fence posts east and west) to clear the energy.

Some potted deep red chrysanthemums were there when I arrived, and later one of Whitney's dearest friends brought a pink azalea bush. Sasquatch joined me at the garden later in the morning and we reflected on all that has transpired in the last year. At one point we looked up to see a cloud formation that looked like an angel, and I felt that Whitney's spirit was there with us. I left my roses there all day and came back in the afternoon for them.

Many of Whitney's family and friends came out to the garden in the ensuing days and they were again touched by all our efforts.

I went out yesterday to do some fall cleanup. The mums and azaleas are now planted in the ground at the east end of the garden. I pulled out the wallflower and sweet williams as they were pretty much spent after giving us a summer of beautiful blooms. In preparation for winter, the dahlias Whitney's mom brought out in July (after the sentencing) have been taken home for storage in my garage. I clipped off as many of the blooms as I could and put them in one of the votive candle cups with some water. While it has been cooler lately, it's also been dry, so everything got a good drink too. All the roses are blooming with the exception of Blue Girl, which was eaten down to the stems by the elk. Oh! at one point last Wednesday we also heard the elk "honking" in the distance. Don't know quite how else to describe the sound they make but a long note like a goose honking comes pretty close.

Anyway, the garden continues to be a place of comfort and beauty for Whitney and all who knew and loved her, as well as the neighborhood and larger community. The ripples that have spread from our efforts continue to amaze me.

Thank you all for holding Whitney in your memories. I know the families' hearts have been touched by the kindness of strangers and in some way it has helped their healing. Whenever I go out there I always feel like I am representing all of you from around the world who have posted on Whitney's threads.

Blessings,
La Louve

Attachments

• whitney's garden 101613 001.jpg
    whitney's garden 101613 001.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 27
  • whitney's garden 101613 002.jpg
    whitney's garden 101613 002.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 28
  • whitney's garden 101613 003.jpg
    whitney's garden 101613 003.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 26
Here are some additional photos from the garden.

Attachments

• whitney's garden 102213 001.jpg
    whitney's garden 102213 001.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 30
  • whitney's garden 101613 004.jpg
    whitney's garden 101613 004.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 29
  • whitney's garden 102213 002.jpg
    whitney's garden 102213 002.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 25
  • whitney's garden 102213 003.jpg
    whitney's garden 102213 003.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 25
So beautiful! Thank you for posting the pictures, Sasquatch and La Louve. I always enjoy dropping in here to see new photos.

Hi Elainera, it's good to see you. Thanks for dropping in on Whitney's thread. So glad you enjoyed the photos. Your support is so appreciated.

Hope you're well!

La Louve

So beautiful! Thank you for posting the pictures, Sasquatch and La Louve. I always enjoy dropping in here to see new photos.

You are welcome! Thank you! It is always great to see you Elainera!

It's been a while since I posted here.

I want to dedicate my 500th post to the memory of dear Whitney Heichel.

Her case first brought me to Websleuths in the first few days of her going missing. All that unfolded from there was more than I ever would have envisioned. We all had hope that she would be found alive and unharmed. Sadly this was not to be. Whitney now sleeps in the peace of her spiritual faith and awaits her resurrection to be reunited with her loved ones in holy paradise.

It has been my honor to be a co-creator of Whitney's beautiful garden with my dear friend and fellow Websleuther Sasquatch, as a way to bring light and beauty to a place of so much heinousness and pain. The miraculous ripples of healing have extended to the neighbors around Roslyn Lake, her Starbucks customers, her friends, her family,her brothers and sisters in faith, her searchers, law enforcement, the prosecutor and judge, local media, and to complete strangers. The smiles and tears have added to the healing energy and have become part of the memory of Whitney. The work behind the scenes to bring justice for Whitney has given me so much hope for the good in this world.

Goddess Bless You, dear girl. I'm sorry I didn't get to know you before you were taken from this world. As a member of Websleuths I pledge to continue to honor your memory in my efforts to create peace and light in the dark places.

My continued prayers and humble thanks go out to Whitney's husband Clint and her mother Lorelei and all of Whitney's beautiful family.

Spring is coming and I look forward to another season of tending the garden and holding thoughts and prayers for Whitney and all who loved her.

Lovely 500th post La Louve! :) Thank you for being here and for caring and tending to Whitney's garden and memory. I very much appreciate what you and Sasquatch are doing, it is so needed. I'm far away but I can feel all the good you have been doing over there, and it nourishes my heart. Thank you!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav
Back