Oral Arguments Tammi Smith Motions 6/18/12

I wonder if this means the Sentencing Hearing on July 6th is being postponed?
I'm not familiar with Court Documents - who filed this motion?

6/27/2012 NOF - Notice Of Filing - Party (002) 6/27/2012
NOTE: LETTERS
6/27/2012 MCO - Motion To Continue - Party (002) 6/27/2012
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...s/caseInfo.asp
Case # - CR2010-101760

I've been looking into this and can't find out if the prosecution or defense submitted it. When we look at the Tammi Peters Smith "Background" thread we see that she has another lawsuit in the works, IDK if this postponement is because of that. I will post the link I have about Continuance Motions and the grounds for them if anybody wants to see if they can figure out what defense would be trying to gain by this...IDK.

http://www.azoah.com/Vol28.html

As we see, this is one of the motions most "frequently denied".

Here's another thing I find interesting, since it seems this has been done more or less at the last minute:

Another rule that frequently bears on the filing of a motion to continue is A.A.C. R2-19-106, which governs the filing of motions generally. This rule requires that all motions be filed with the Office of Administrative Hearings not later than fifteen days prior to the scheduled hearing date, unless good cause is shown for the untimely filing.

Kind of seems like a "Hail Mary" move to me, but IDK.......:notgood:

Is there another thread on WS where current issues are being discussed? If not, I'd like to respectfully request that somebody start a new thread (SENTENCING?) where we can continue discussions, referencing other threads like this one for specific information and bringing it forward toward the sentencing. Better minds than mine can do this....thanks.

Just started one for ya...

ETA: See: Tammi Smith - The Sentencing Phase

THANKS! I started all over but I type Tammi Peters Smith in the search engine and can't find "The Sentencing Phase" on the thread choices....can you post a line? Thanks so much!

I just learned that the Motion for Continuance was submitted by the prosecution. The defense has filed an answer. I do not know what the grounds were nor what the motion says; it just showed up on the docket.

I tried that, but it didn't work.

Just go to the top of the page under Websleuths.com, and click on Gabriel Johnson where it shows

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community>Crimes and Trials>Trials>Gabriel Johnson

It will show you ALL the threads related to Gabriel Johnson, including the new one I started.

I just learned that the Motion for Continuance was submitted by the prosecution. The defense has filed an answer. I do not know what the grounds were nor what the motion says; it just showed up on the docket.

It's already here, just on a different thread:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8099924&postcount=279"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Tammi Smith -The Charges[/ame]

6/28/2012 Motion To Continue - Party (002)

NOTE: RESPONSE TO STATE’S MOTION TO CONTINUE

6/28/2012 Response - Party (002)

NOTE: AMENDED RESPONSE TO STATE’S MOTION TO CONTINUE

I guess I didn't need to start a Sentencing Phase thread if everybody is still going to post here.... ;(

I guess I didn't need to start a Sentencing Phase thread if everybody is still going to post here.... ;(

Welll I'd be glad to post on a sentencing page if I could find it! LOL. Thanks a lot for the effort. If you still want to keep it up, please send me a link and I'll just leave it up on my computer instead of going back and forth everywhere. Again, thanks for those efforts.

Welll I'd be glad to post on a sentencing page if I could find it! LOL. Thanks a lot for the effort. If you still want to keep it up, please send me a link and I'll just leave it up on my computer instead of going back and forth everywhere. Again, thanks for those efforts.

Just go to the top of the page under Websleuths.com, and click on Gabriel Johnson where it shows

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community>Crimes and Trials>Trials>Gabriel Johnson

It will show you ALL the threads related to Gabriel Johnson, including the new one I started.

It's right above the blue bar where it says Members List. Just click on the Gabriel Johnson.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177269"]Tammi Smith - the Sentencing Phase - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The Sentencing Phase

Let's see if this works this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get