Othram - General Discussion - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
New case solved & announced:

Here’s her Websleuths link:

One more case!

Grateful to share that Othram was able to assist the University of Georgia Police Department in the identification of a murdered infant found on the UGA campus in 1996.

Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread.

One more case!

Grateful to share that Othram was able to assist the University of Georgia Police Department in the identification of a murdered infant found on the UGA campus in 1996.

Ws thread..

Ws thread..
Thank you. We missed this thread.

Thank you. We missed this thread.
The search engine isn't the easiest, it's all about putting in uncommon words linked with the case and seeing if something pops up. Having the NamUs number helps, because they're unique, but the threads don't have those 100% of the time, and sometimes Does don't get one until long after they get a thread. @dotr did the work this time, but I personally love finding things, so I'm always happy to help when I'm the one who is able to unearth the thread. I'm sure @dotr feels the same. :)

The search engine isn't the easiest, it's all about putting in uncommon words linked with the case and seeing if something pops up. Having the NamUs number helps, because they're unique, but the threads don't have those 100% of the time, and sometimes Does don't get one until long after they get a thread. @dotr did the work this time, but I personally love finding things, so I'm always happy to help when I'm the one who is able to unearth the thread. I'm sure @dotr feels the same. :)
It is easier for NamUs cases, especially if they contain the UP number. Thanks again for the assist.

One more case!

Thanks, Othram.

This stuff is hard to read. I'm pretty hardened but even I am shocked by human cruelty sometimes. A woman stabbing her newborn baby......who does that?

It's been a busy 24 hours. One more case to report:

Websleuths thread:

New case solved:

Websleuths:

I'm curious if Alabama and Mississippi may have you investigate older unsolved cases that aren't on NamUs if you manage to keep helping to solve these decades old cases.
Yes, we are finding cases that are not in NamUs and we will work them. At the same time, we are working agencies to get those cases into NamUs because it is an important step to document the case.

Yes, we are finding cases that are not in NamUs and we will work them. At the same time, we are working agencies to get those cases into NamUs because it is an important step to document the case.
Indeed! I know for a lot of old cases, their only documentation is on Findagrave

Sorry to be spamming Websleuths this week, but yes, we have a 6th solve to share this week:

Websleuths thread:
Spam away, every single one of these Does has waited more than long enough. You're doing the work and bringing them home. I'd rather this thread was flying with new content than staying still, with no news.

Spam away, every single one of these Does has waited more than long enough. You're doing the work and bringing them home. I'd rather this thread was flying with new content than staying still, with no news.
Alright! One more case for this week:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member