Othram - General Discussion - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! One more case for this week:

Ws thread..

Seven announcements this weeks. Thanks for following along on this thread! In addition to the announcements, we launched a new swag store and new company website.

Check out the new swag at Othram Store.

If you haven't seen our new website yet, come check it out at Othram - A Revolution in Cold Case Resolution.

Feedback on both are appreciated. Stay tuned for more updates next week! Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Seven announcements this weeks. Thanks for following along on this thread! In addition to the announcements, we launched a new swag store and new company website.

If you haven't seen our new website yet, come check it out at Othram - A Revolution in Cold Case Resolution.

Feedback on both are appreciated. Stay tuned for more updates next week! Have a great weekend everyone!

I've looked through your website and it's nice an clean and easy to get around. I especially like that you have included Canada, with all of its provinces and territories.

May I make a humble suggestion?

Would you consider adding the date that the lab was established? Perhaps it's somewhere in the site, but I couldn't find it. I think that it may be important, especially in the future. I went to your site last night while thinking about a post that I read on another thread, that questioned the probability of getting results from DNA. The message was written 10+ years ago. (The author would likely have a different response today.) I was looking for a date on the Othram site, so I could reply with a promo comment that DNA results have taken a huge leap forward since ...(date?) .

As the work of @othram becomes more generally known, then the history of DNA investigation can become foggy. It could be possible that someone may request DNA work, only to be told that DNA work was done and no results were obtained. That's when the timing is important. Was the work done before the present technology existed? How can we know? One way to know would be to find out when the current technology became available. It could be a question for which a person would want a quick answer.

Last edited:
I've looked through your website and it's nice an clean and easy to get around. I especially like that you have included Canada, with all of its provinces and territories.

May I make a humble suggestion?

Would you consider adding the date that the lab was established? Perhaps it's somewhere in the site, but I couldn't find it. I think that it may be important, especially in the future. I went to your site last night while thinking about a post that I read on another thread, that questioned the probability of getting results from DNA. The message was written 10+ years ago. (The author would likely have a different response today.) I was looking for a date on the Othram site, so I could reply with a promo comment that DNA results have taken a huge leap forward since ...(date?) .

As the work of @othram becomes more generally known, then the history of DNA investigation can become foggy. It could be possible that someone may request DNA work, only to be told that DNA work was done and no results were obtained. That's when the timing is important. Was the work done before the present technology existed? How can we know? One way to know would be to find out when the current technology became available. It could be a question for which a person would want a quick answer.
Good point. Our company was founded in 2018.

Lesser known fact: In that time we have built two forensic labs, and now a research lab. Even in just the last 5 years there has been so much iteration and refinement on our methods. The visible side of Othram is the solve announcements. Behind the scenes we are in a constant state of research and development, aiming to do better.

How about Mr. Bones from Bedford, Pa? He may now be Pennsylvania’s longest unidentified decedent, from fall of 1958. No exhumation would be necessary, as his remains are in a cardboard barrel in the custody of the State Police. His case is 585UMPA.

How about Mr. Bones from Bedford, Pa? He may now be Pennsylvania’s longest unidentified decedent, from fall of 1958. No exhumation would be necessary, as his remains are in a cardboard barrel in the custody of the State Police. His case is 585UMPA.

Ws thread..

This is AMAZING. Othram is truly one of the most amazing organizations I have ever run across. Thank you for all you do.
David and Kristen Mittelman from Othram will be joining the Websleuths livestream tonight at 10:30 PM Eastern. I'll post the link shortly.
Tricia

Another new case:

Thread for this case:

New case solve announcement: After 40 years, Lincoln County John Doe (1984) is Identified

New case solve announcement: After 40 years, Lincoln County John Doe (1984) is Identified

Excited to share that Othram was able to assist the Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office in identifying Mildred (Allison) Hubertz (originally from Montana). She vanished in 1968 and her remains were found in 1982, but she was not identified until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla