Othram - General Discussion - #3

We invite everyone to try our new visualization tool for impact! Would love any and all feedback!

Love it! Easy to navigate, seeing all the faces and names collectively and individually is both helpful and hopeful.
This section is particularly straightforward and appealing..

''Send items for DNA analysis.​

1. Submit Case Information​

Use our online platform to quickly and safely send us your case information. We review each and every case to ensure we provide only the best service to you.

2. Receive & Review Quote​

Upon reviewing your request, we will send you a quote for the services to be performed. We begin lab work only after you have reviewed and approved your quote.

3. Send Items for Analysis​

Ship your items to our lab with the instructions we will provide you. We will keep you updated on the status of your case throughout the lab analysis process.''

We invite everyone to try our new visualization tool for impact! Would love any and all feedback!

Love this! Love a visual aid. Love seeing the faces of all these people, and being able to click on them and get to know their stories.

Do you have or are you planning a geographical map showing places where the solved cases are? Like the Jane Doe map, but with @othram identified people?

Love this! Love a visual aid. Love seeing the faces of all these people, and being able to click on them and get to know their stories.

Do you have or are you planning a geographical map showing places where the solved cases are? Like the Jane Doe map, but with @othram identified people?
We love it too. You can browse by the past week, month, etc.

A map with pins is a good idea. Right now, we don't have that on Othram's site but on DNASolves, you can browse by state: DNASolves® US Map.

Also if you go to our case browser on DNASolves you can search by "near me" to see cases near you:

See screenshot below:
1711558626672.png

We love it too. You can browse by the past week, month, etc.

A map with pins is a good idea. Right now, we don't have that on Othram's site but on DNASolves, you can browse by state: DNASolves® US Map.

Also if you go to our case browser on DNASolves you can search by "near me" to see cases near you:

See screenshot below:
View attachment 493147
I will definitely check out the browsing by states mode.

No cases anywhere near me that I know of! I'm Australian. Do let us know if you start helping us get our Does their names back, too.

Honored Othram could assist Ventura County Medical Examiner's & Sheriff’s Office in a third case this week, this time in helping identify a 2002 John Doe as William Russell Howard, Jr., born July 20, 1943. Grateful to RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for funding the case!

Honored Othram could assist Ventura County Medical Examiner's & Sheriff’s Office in a third case this week, this time in helping identify a 2002 John Doe as William Russell Howard, Jr., born July 20, 1943. Grateful to RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for funding the case!

I don't think there's a thread for William, all I'm finding is the skull found in October at Derry Dale, which is obviously a different case with a different case number.

I don't think William was on Doe Network, either, which is usually my go-to for finding out the local/state case numbers, which the threads here are often linked to before the cases end up on NamUs.

Someone else might have better luck, but I'm pretty sure there isn't an existing thread.

Curious about the TN cases. Any progress that could be shared? Specifically, UP55678, Sweetwater TN 8/5/83.

Curious about the TN cases. Any progress that could be shared? Specifically, UP55678, Sweetwater TN 8/5/83.

Genealogy in progress!

Othram never ceases to amaze me... from the ability to extract and test DNA to the genealogy research! More cases are being solved nearly every day.
Thanks for your support. We love being able to seamlessly integrate all the steps so the investigators can just drop off the evidence and we return investigative leads. Makes everyone's life easier and its what's best for the case!

Last edited:
Honored to again assist Lincoln County Coroner's Office and Southeast Missouri State University Anthropology, this time in identifying a 1978 Jane Doe as 16-year old Helen Groomes. An investigation into her death continues. Thank you to the SEMO Foundation, as well as RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for funding.

Honored to again assist Lincoln County Coroner's Office and Southeast Missouri State University Anthropology, this time in identifying a 1978 Jane Doe as 16-year old Helen Groomes. An investigation into her death continues. Thank you to the SEMO Foundation, as well as RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for funding.

Wow, the original age estimate for Helen was WAY off. No wonder she wasn't identified back then.

Honored Othram could assist the San Mateo County Coroner's Office & California DOJ in identifying a 2023 John Doe as Milton Anthony Steffens, born in 1937.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back