Overkill - Overkill in a homicide refers to the use of excessive force or brutality beyond what is necessary to cause death.

It's also an interesting fact that in his interview with Dr. Bernhard on January 8, BR tells her he knows what happened to JBR, and proceeds to describe her being taken downstairs, and then either stabbed or hit in the head with a hammer. And he replicated the hitting movement of an over-the-arm blow. By this time, it had been published in the papers on December 28th that she had been strangled, but no mention of a head wound. There was a quote from Detective Larry Mason that the child "had not been shot or stabbed". There was only a passing comment on January 6th in the Daily Mail (local Boulder paper) about a head injury, details of the depressed skull fracture were not revealed to the public until July of 1997. We know from the R's own comments that they were shielding BR from newspapers and tabloids about the crime. So how did he know she was hit in the head? And why the misleading statement about being stabbed with a knife when we know that he knew she was strangled, as Susan Stine had overheard he and Doug discussing only two days after the murder?

And why were BR's medical records withheld from the investigation by the R attorneys? The earlier incident with BR hitting JBR with the golf club was downplayed by PR as an accident. But at first she admitted to Judith Phillips that BR and JBR were having a disagreement and that resulted in him hitting her. Judith, who was the photographer who took many pictures of PR and both kids, recalled that she often saw flashes of anger and outbursts from BR. She was a close friend for 10 years before PR cut her off and out. She knew things that PR did not want to be known. It's also interesting that the golf club incident took place within a couple of days of JBR's birthday. Despite what he has said, there are signs that BR was jealous of his little sister and the attention she received.
Wow, I did not realize that information had not been made public but that makes sense as it would take more than a few days to complete the autopsy and information would initially be withheld.
If I remember correctly, he said "whoops" before or after his theory of what happened.
People speculate as to the "whoops" meant it was an accident or an oh shiz, I shouldn't have said that.
I had a chilling reaction to the "whoops" because I felt it was sarcasm. If you watch the video, I would like to hear what others feel about that comment.

Wow, I did not realize that information had not been made public but that makes sense as it would take more than a few days to complete the autopsy and information would initially be withheld.
If I remember correctly, he said "whoops" before or after his theory of what happened.
People speculate as to the "whoops" meant it was an accident or an oh shiz, I shouldn't have said that.
I had a chilling reaction to the "whoops" because I felt it was sarcasm. If you watch the video, I would like to hear what others feel about that comment.
I struggle to hear a lot of the psychologist interview. 90s quality recording is really bad. I have hard time deciphering the words from the recording hum. I have been trying find one that has been enhanced but no such luck.

I heard another theory floated today of what may have happened. Not sure it holds much weight but could be a curious conversation. It involves both RDI and IDI. What if PR and JR thought BDI. So they did some cover up to protect him, and then at some point they figured out he didn't do it, and then they were screwed and stuck in the story they created? It is quite an interesting opinion I have never encountered.

I listened again to that part of the interview quite a few times and didn't hear the "whoops." I've never heard it and did not know of it till now. The video I watched was a segment of the whole interview and posted on YouTube. It's the only one I could find. If you know of a better clip, or a place that has the full interview with the psychologist, please post the link. TIA!

I listened again to that part of the interview quite a few times and didn't hear the "whoops." I've never heard it and did not know of it till now. The video I watched was a segment of the whole interview and posted on YouTube. It's the only one I could find. If you know of a better clip, or a place that has the full interview with the psychologist, please post the link. TIA!

Thanks very much. I can hear what may or may not be a "whoops" in that clip.

I don't hear it in this one, and there are other differences in transcription, as well.

Others following the thread, please listen and let us know what you hear!

Thanks very much. I can hear what may or may not be a "whoops" in that clip.

I don't hear it in this one, and there are other differences in transcription, as well.

Others following the thread, please listen and let us know what you hear!
I do not hear it in this clip.
That's weird!

I still haven't heard a whoops in a video. That one was less noisy and cleaned up to where I could hear. Hmmm..
I'm watching on my phone and can't tell if the dialog syncs with the lip movement.
Either the version I posted is falsified or the other one was cleaned up? I know there are far more videos out there minus the whoops once I started looking for it.

I'm watching on my phone and can't tell if the dialog syncs with the lip movement.
Either the version I posted is falsified or the other one was cleaned up? I know there are far more videos out there minus the whoops once I started looking for it.

Thanks for looking into this further. I think it's worth pursuing and hope others with different phone and computer audio will join in. If the "whoops" is definitely there, it matters. I have misplaced my head phones but will give a listen if/when they turn up and will post results. It's been busy here. I will look for other copies of the video this week as time allows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back