Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO its harsh to say the mom "delegated" responsibility. She probably just saw he daughter fitting in, making a friend and having fun where she did not have the means or the knowledge due to cultural differences. IIRC she even tried to have KE invite the son on trips but he declined (not have his focus taken off of AY I guess).
I spent a lot of time at my neighbors family house and on trips because I was friends with and went to school together. My mom did not delegate responsibility. Many situations the friends of a son/daughter become like another family member, this one got out of hand.
By all accounts AY became a real social problem (shouting heard by neighbors, out all night) and the mom tried to reign it in but she was too far gone by them

All of this is KE's fault. All parties involved tried to make the best of the situation but made mistakes. But both SE and AY's mom said the samething. That is that they both had no idea that KE would go this far.

With that logic we might as well being saying that TSA/ Airport Security (whoever checking pass ports) are NOT responsible for human trafficking when a trafficker makes a MINOR use a pass port of a 50yo woman.

Human trafficking will run rampant and national security will be jeopardized because now terrorists just need to recruit minors as suicide bombers.

IF AY USED HER MOTHER'S PASS PORT TO GET THROUGH TSA, THEY ARE 100% LIABLE FOR ALLOWING SOMEONE TO USE A FALSE IDENTITY TO TRAVEL INTERNATIONALLY. AY AND HER MOTHER LOOK VERY VERY DIFFERENT.

THIS CHILD WAS IN DANGER! AND HER SAFTEY RISK INCREASED ONCE SHE TOUCHED DOWN IN MEXICO.

You can be the best mother in the world and your child can still do f'ed up things. AY's mother did NOT delegate responsibility to her daughter to another family. This. is. absurd.

if AY used her own passport then the airline would not be at fault. It would not be against policy or regulations, I think this is established in prior threads. But the ticket boarding pass would have to match the passport in order to get through airport security.

I can see a situation where the mom's passport was used to purchase. the ticket - everyone has to provide ID. Even my kids before getting driver licenses used a school ID, something. Maybe KE is at the ticket counter, paying cash,AY standing near off to the side far enough that the agent does not get a close look at her. And remember this is a rush last minute ticket boarding, the agent is rushed and off they go. And again the boarding pass would have to match the id to get though the security checkpoint. That's something that stands out to me, but if AY wears a floppy hat and sunglasses maybe they pulled it off.

With the lawyers suggesting that the airline is culpable suggests to me that the later is case. and AY used the mom;'s passport. If she used her own, no way to sue them.

<modsnip>

AY was a rebelling teenager it sounds like from the fighting and her going out staying out. Been through that time and it's tough even with good kids hoping they are hanging out with the right crowd. Sounds like AY became a big load to handle, beyond the mom's and maybe many on this board to control. And she was fighting against a male predator that wanted to satisfy himself..

I fly every year on business. Bought tickets a head of time, Still had to provide ID when I checked the bag. (They seemed to try to match the id to the reservation.

Had a flight cancelled on me at last minute, was booked to another airline. Got to new airline and again had to provide ID to get my boarding pass. The only thing I could avoid was that I did not have to go through security check at second airline since I was checked at the first before cancel.

I wonder if the Esterly family took any vacations out of the country and AY went along. She would have to have had a passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Esterly family took any vacations out of the country and AY went along. She would have to have had a passport.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. But the only locations I seen mentioned is ski slopes and beaches. No mention of what country.

I haven't bought an airline ticket in many years, but I have never had to show an ID to buy a ticket. Only to check in and board the plane. Why would she use her mother's passport, if she had her own? I don't see how that would even be an option.
If you read previous posts, you will see the suggestion that perhaps she brought mom's passport so mom couldn't leave the country to get her. Or as a backup. It doesn't mean that she for sure used mom's passport, as it looks like she had her own as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you read previous posts, you will see the suggestion that perhaps she brought mom's passport so mom couldn't leave the country to get her. Or as a backup. It doesn't mean that she for sure used mom's passport, as it looks like she had her own as well.

That makes sense. There was also reports that she stole money that was in a passport. Maybe she just grabbed the passport and the money. Either way, I don't see how or why she would have used her mother's passport to board the plane.

Hey Everyone,

I will be closing this thread and starting a new one in a few minutes.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member