PA PA - Amanda DeGuio, 24, Drexel Hill, 7 June 2014

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Richrd, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Richrd

Richrd Well-Known Member

PA - Amanda Ann DeGuio - W/F/24 - Delaware County - Upper Darby Twp. - June 2014

Drexel Hill, Upper Darby Twp., Delaware County, Borders Philadelphia, in South-Eastern, PA.

Day 150

Nov. 1st: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pennsylvania-Missing-Persons/168292179877345?sk=timeline:

Includes Photo

No Cell Phone --- No Credit Cards --- No Clothing --- Two Children Left Behind

Upper Darby Police Department --- (610) 734-7677 --- http://www.udpd.org/LeftNavBar/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

ETA: Her Facebook via Londonrraine: https://www.facebook.com/amanda.deguio?fref=browse_search

[ Awaiting Inclusion with the PA 251 at NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en ]

A$ Alway$: PA Crime$topper$ -- 1-800-4PA-TIPS - https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

Case # 14-37424

Our Thanks To Amanda's On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.

2. Loading...

3. Londonrraine

Londonrraine Active Member

4. Mollyandme

Mollyandme New Member

Thank you for posting this. I hope she is found safe. The police chief in upper Darby township is no non sense and extremely vocal in the media. I am sure they are on top of this. I hope she is found safe. Hopefully there will be more in the local news tomorrow as I'm sure chitwood will be all over this. He was actually on jimmy Fallon last night in one of the spoof videos Fallon does bc he was on our local news dressed up as sponge bob. Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Hopefully the philly pd are aware and on the lookout for her as well bc this area is literally blocks from the west Philly border

5. J. J. in Phila

J. J. in Phila Verified Insider

Nothing on the local news.

6. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I can't find a single news item for this lady. I can't find a missing notification on the sheriff's website either. Am I just missing it?

7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

A few posts in late May suggest she may have been out of touch even then?

8. elmomom

elmomom I may lean, but I sit on a fence

I shared it on my Facebook, I have a few friends that are recent Neumann alumni. She looks like a good kid, hope she is found. It's been so long, though :(

9. Mollyandme

Mollyandme New Member

I am wondering why there is nothing about this anywhere. There's a lot of crime in the area due to its location and I feel like upper Darby township where Drexel hill is located is in the local news every other day about something or another. I'm surprised there's nothing about this. Has her family even released a statement?

10. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

I am wondering if Chitwood's crew checked hospitals and other medical facilities before posting this Nov 1?

11. ChefOtheRuler

ChefOtheRuler New Member

Amanda is a long time friend of mine, her family and myself have been looking hard for her in various areas of Philly. She's a wonderful woman who deserves much better. Any help is greatly appreciated.

12. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Why has it not been in the news at all? I watch Philadelphia news daily, usually several times, and have never heard of her.

13. ChefOtheRuler

ChefOtheRuler New Member

I asked her sister the same question. I'm not sure what avenues one pursues in order to get this done. I have no contacts in the local media.

14. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Do you know what the circumstances of her disappearance were? Where she was last seen, etc.?

15. ChefOtheRuler

ChefOtheRuler New Member

She was last seen by her family after returning from a family trip to Florida. There are unconfirmed sightings of her in the Kensington and Allegheny section of Philadelphia, mostly from people on the street there. I have focused most of my search in this area. It's not a nice neighborhood by any stretch, and is the hub illegal prescription drugs and heroin for most of the city and suburbs. There is little doubt in my mind or her family's that drugs are the cause of this. Tho it is very much out of character that she be away without contact like this.

16. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Awwww :( . Has she ever run away?

17. ChefOtheRuler

ChefOtheRuler New Member

Not to my knowledge.

18. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

chefotheruler, I hope that you'll encourage her family to enter her information into the NAMUS database if they haven't done so already.

19. ChefOtheRuler

ChefOtheRuler New Member

I will do so.

20. Topcat

Topcat snooper

Had she ever had any counseling due to depression or drugs?

21. ChefOtheRuler

ChefOtheRuler New Member

I'm really not sure about counseling. I'm trying to get her sister to register here. She would know better than I.