Identified! PA - Bellevue, WhtMale skeletel UP12237, Dec'13 - John Jones

same article i posted also states that the remains were in shorts (not pants as the other article reported)

The body was frozen to the ground when it was found Thursday near Route 65 in Bellevue. The remains were clad in athletic shoes, shorts and a T-shirt.

what does clad mean? I've heard of scantily clad, the wording just through me off. Were the clothes just thrown on the remains?

I'm still thinking Jamie Peterson. Less than a mile from her home and a straight line to where the body was found.

It looks like Jacob had long hair. Perhaps the UID had long hair as well, and that's why the initial reports said female. Pure speculation, of course!

But would he be wearing shorts in December in Pittsburgh?

I'm still thinking Jamie Peterson. Less than a mile from her home and a straight line to where the body was found.

They don't have info about her clothing in NamUS, but she is wearing an army t-shirt in her photo.

But would he be wearing shorts in December in Pittsburgh?

That occurred to me as well, and he was last seen wearing jeans. I added him because of the possibility that the shorts are boxer shorts which may be why the one article says it could be a male because of the clothing.

Now they are saying male. I think the size initially threw them. Back to the drawing board on the list of possibles. Could not be that many missing men that slightly built.
The Allegheny County Coroner's Office is quite good, I think there is a good shot at finding his ID.

Pretty good description of the man and a time of death.

...The man was white, 35 to 45 years old, between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 5 inches tall, with a slight build ... probably missing since July.

Found with the remains were a Reebok T-shirt, black jean shorts (size 32) with a brown belt, white Reebok sneakers (size 8 1/2) and a black Casio watch with a plastic band.

We should also look at missing persons from surrounding states, especially Ohio and West Virginia, but also possibly, New York, Maryland, Michigan and Virginia plus Canada.

Sure wish the guy who smelled the odor "months ago" indicated when that was. Sounds like sometime this past summer which would narrow down which MP it could be. I would think he was newly deceased at the point he smelled it.

Albert only went missing in June 2013, would his body have decomposed that quickly?
Yes, that is about right for the Pittsburgh area. There would still be a greasy coating on the bones for up to a year or 18 months. After that, dry bones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back