Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jul 12, 2021.

1. FauxPerson

FauxPerson Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. FauxPerson

Attached Files:

azure, bluenoser, turanna25 and 13 others like this.
  3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Lower Southampton Township Police Chief Ted Krimmel said that Johnston potentially lost control of her car while traveling around a bend.

“Went airborne, up and over the guardrail. She crashed into a tree, probably about 30 feet in the air,” Krimmel said. “We believe she was ejected from the car through the sunroof. And the place where the car landed ... it was 49 yards from the roadway to where her car landed. You couldn’t see it from the street or the air.”

Investigators believe Johnston’s body moved after nearby flooding impacted the woods and creek area where she was found.
    Body of missing woman found in Philadelphia, police believe she was ejected out of car’s sunroof

4. Actuary0

Actuary0 Active Member

This is a picture of the scene on the ramp from Woodhaven to the Blvd where she went over. My guess is that she was speeding (likely very fast), failed to negotiate the right turn, hit the white median in the center, and launched over the guardrail on the far side of the ramp. Hitting the tree "20-30 ft up" would not be 20-30 feet above the guardrail, it would be just 5 or so feet above the guardrail since the ramp is going up from ground level.
    2021-08-03_9-45-35.png

5. bpinkbinkie

bpinkbinkie Well-Known Member

Pardon my crude drawings, but this is my understanding of where Casey's car was found. The red arrow shows where she was coming off the Woodhaven exit ramp, the green circle is where her car was found (she did cross the median). The purple lines in the second pic show where the creeks are located and where they intersect. Casey was found in the Byberry Creek; not sure what the name of the other small creek is, but it obviously runs under the roadway where the exit ramps are.

As for the culvert, google street view is from 2019, so the road, landscape, etc. could have changed since then. Hope this helps!

I am still so devastated by this news and can't stop thinking about Casey and her family.

Attached Files:

kelsie, Flicka1, bluenoser and 17 others like this.
  6. Actuary0

Actuary0 Active Member

That is exactly right. Here's a wider view of Google maps.
    2021-08-03_10-06-05.png

7. bpinkbinkie

I really wasn't picturing how it all happened until I connected the dots on the map. Now I see that is 100% what happened, especially with all the rain and flooding carrying her a half mile downstream.

8. bpinkbinkie

I don't have tiktok...did she take her videos about Casey down when she found out she was wrong?

9. dalsglen

dalsglen Well-Known Member

10. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

Just from articles that came up on a search, yes he died in prison but no cause of death was mentioned. He did kill another inmate though while he was behind bars.
    <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2021
    Flicka1, realanastasia, NoSI and 3 others like this.
  11. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

Slight adjustment. I believe she slid into the culvert right before the white median. Exiting the culvert on the other side acted like a ramp.

Flicka1, realanastasia and momsof3 like this.
  12. Embiidfan

Embiidfan Active Member

fwiw.. the attachment pic you are referencing does not at all show where ‘Casey’ departed the roadway and launch into the air. The view that is offered in this pic (which includes raised medial strip dividers) is from the opposite direction from how she would have been traveling. Where her car departed the roadway is around the bend in this pic and is out of view. Post # 506 & 507 offer much better perspective on what occurred.

Flicka1 and nao like this.
  13. FauxPerson

this is where I think it was also. Very sad.

realanastasia and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Rest peacefully, Casey.
    [​IMG]

15. bpinkbinkie

16. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out that the police said she entered and exited a culvert, not that she hit the white median as you stated. Not referencing the image in your post, but your post itself. Everything else is on point.

Flicka1, Iona and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  17. Tamijennelle

Tamijennelle New Member

I travel that exit a lot. Nothing about this makes sense and I have mutual friends with her and they feel this is way off as well.
    He car was found with the front end facing the exit. If she went over the median, she wouldn't have went airborne. The trees and bushes are way to thick for that. People spin out at the damn curve weekly. I know a guy who went across the grass median coming to the exit, went over a guard rail and into the trees and got out with a busted knee cap. The trees are still broken, his bumper is still on the road you can even see it on images. They've since fixed the rail.
    As far as the broken tree, we just had 3 tornadoes rip thru. Trees have been broken and uprooted they the whole area. A car dealership 4 miles away was destroyed.
    The waterway under the road is small. Her sunroof, small. Her one close friend said she was very thick and would not have that easily went thru that sunroof. There wasn't even any blood or anything.

We've been having a lot of shooting and gang murders in Philly so far. The cops aren't even trying to inundate themselves with an investigation of this measure.

Denisedyann, kelsie, Flicka1 and 5 others like this.
  18. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

On the sunroof: I haven’t seen anything regarding a seat belt.

What do you think happened?

kelsie, Flicka1, ChiCubs2016 and 5 others like this.
  19. bpinkbinkie

I took a different route to the Tacony Palmyra Bridge this morning, and there in the grass, by the PA on-ramp was a forgotten “Bring Casey Home” sign with her smiling face shining in the sun. It made me so sad to think about the hope her friends and family had of finding her alive and how those hopes were shattered in an instant. RIP Casey, gone too soon.

HelenM, Dre, missingm and 8 others like this.