GUILTY PA - Catherine Copley, 29, Altoona, 10 Dec 2015 *husband arrested*

Welcome LClapper. Glad to have you onboard. Do you have a theory on what could have happened to Cathy?

I have several and quite honestly, I don't think anyone should be ruled out.

1. Her living situation was strange, to say the least. She lived with her husband Mike and two roommates Samantha and Donnie. The roommates are in a relationship, on and off, dabble in transgendering (I know this isn't a word), and have been "involved" with Cathy and her husband previously.
The roommates seem to have a particularly violent relationship. Frequent fighting and arguing, several occasions the cops have been called to the house. About a week or so after Cathy went missing, the couple got into a physical altercation and resulted in the male being placed in the psych ward. After spending a week there, he was released and returned home - only to get into another argument about two weeks later that resulted in Cathy's husband calling the police.
The night before Cathy went missing, they had a party at their house - Cathy, her husband, the roommates and a few other close friends. It's been reported that there was an argument between Cathy and Samantha but no one knows exactly what it was about, they just made sure it didn't turn physical. *If I'm standing close enough to an argument, to make sure it doesn't turn physical, I bet that I would be able to tell you what the fight was about.
I personally find it strange that in reality, that was the last actual confirmed day/night that Cathy was alive and well. (there are pictures that were uploaded to facebook from that party) According to her husband, she drank too much and was sick in bed the following day. Her mother tried to call but she didn't answer, aside from the husband, the only other people to see her that day are the roommates. The husband made a statement that when he returned home that evening, Samantha said that Cathy had just left the house. - Did something happen during or after the party? I'm not sure but I honestly feel like if there was foul play, it happened the day before she was reported missing. I think it's strange that the roommates and other friends from the party haven't been involved in finding Cathy. They don't post to the facebook page, they don't post on their personal accounts and they haven't been involved in any of the searches. According to Cathy's husband, both of the roommates act like nothing happened and as if Cathy isn't missing, stating they pretty much keep to themselves and don't mention her disappearance.

I've also wondered if she was just simply unhappy with her life and walked away? She doesn't have custody of her children, she has a history of drug abuse, her family has made claims that she was very unhappy with her marriage... but she wasn't employed, she was on a fixed income. She didn't take her purse/wallet, her phone, none of her clothing, she didn't drive or have a car - while it's possible, I don't think it's likely that she walked away.

Clapper, that's what is so important to remember... just because someone gives a story of when and where they saw her doesn't make it true.

Exactly. The dealer said that he saw her get into an unknown car but he's adamant that this happened on Wednesday, not Thursday the day she was supposed to have went missing. I think she made a trip up there before/during the party and he did see her get into a car.. something just keeps telling me that whatever happened, took place the night of that party.

I agree. If drugs were involved, the last thing the people want to do is admit they supplied her and/or cut off an income from being a supplier.

I was told she has a vehicle but it doesn't run and it's located at a friend's house.

So the party was a Wednesday night, correct? On Thursday, per the husband, Cathy was in bed sick.
What time did the husband return home Thursday evening? Where was he? Did he work Thursday? If he wasn't home how does he know she was sick in bed? Was anyone home with her all day, or just part of the day? S, the roommate says she just left to see the dealer.
Did husband pass her as he was coming home?

Any reason to believe that she might be hanging out at a Women's Shelter? Any violence in the home? Any drugs besides weed used regularly? If she was sexually open enough to engage in a 4 way with room mates, might she have been doing anything else sexually that could put her in danger? What was her relationship with the ex-husband like? Were the kids in foster care before she went missing or as a result of her missing? If they were there prior, why? What were the circumstances? So many questions....

Seems strange (and a bit illogical) that one shoe would be found in this location by the husband and 2 accompanying female searchers if weed was purchased at this location and a party occurred the following night when she was last seen. Certainly raises some red flags that someone knows where she is....

The Facebook post with a picture of the two page synopsis is interesting, although albeit one sided. A particular person seems to be working against rather than with police and the family.

http://altoonamirror.com/page/conte...olice--Shoe-might-match-Copley-s.html?nav=742

Husband found a matching shoe of Catherine's shoe in the backyard of the alleged dealer Catherine allegedly went to see before she went missing.
Husband declines to comment to newspaper.
Catherine's sister says the shoe was confirmed to be planted.

The article is behind a paywall, can someone else access it? How and by whom was it confirmed that the shoe was planted?

ETA: was able to read the article, no mentioning of the shoe being planted.

Unless the sister is relaying factual findings stated by law enforcement investigators, this is likely a personal conclusion and/or unsubstantiated hearsay. Do we know if the police have made any public statement?

What type of heart condition does Cathy have that the missing persons flyer refers to?

Catherine Copley, W/F/29, Blair County, 10 Dec 2015

Catherine "Cathy" Jaseta Copley - White / Female / 29 Years Old

also known as:

Catherine "Cathy" Jaseta Emig

5' :: 140 Lbs. :: Hazel Eyes & Glasses :: Brown/Black Hair

Gray Zip-Up Hoodie :: Sweat Pants

Tattoos:
Butterfly (2), Family Forever, Anchor

Altoona City, Blair County, is in Central, PA.

Day 125

13006720_10206294566390832_177094213996836279_n.jpg

Altoona Police Department:

https://www.facebook.com/AltoonaPD/:

Includes Photo

Telephone :: (814) 949-2489 -- Option 1

Report Number :: 2015-00021652

National missing & Unidentified persons system:
NamUs MP # 31591:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/31591

Also:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/504547633049830/

A$ Alway$: PA Crime$topper$ :: Anonymous Reward
1-800-4PA-TIPS https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

- To answer some of the recent questions being asked....
- The local shelters have been contacted and she's not staying there. The hospitals were checked, as far as HIPAA allows.
- The house party took place the night before she disappeared.
- She smoked weed and in the past has had a drug habit
- Her children were taken before this all took place. She was due to have a visit with her kids and everyone reports that she was excited about this & had Christmas gifts to give them. I've also been told that she's never missed a visit before, so this isn't usual behavior for her.
- She spoke with her family on 12/9, via phone/text. I was told that she told her mother she wasn't feeling well and was staying in bed. The husband was out for the day and when he returned, the roommates told him that Cathy went to get some weed up the street.

As for the shoe .... it was located by the husband, several weeks before it made the news. Neither the police or newspaper have concluded or announced that the shoe was planted in the yard. It very well could have been but that has NOT been confirmed.

A lot of speculation a body found in Altoona may be Catherine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back