PA PA - Cherrie Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985

The reports stated they searched the wooded areas across from her house.

I wonder how well it was searched. Cadaver dog? Were the searchers trained? Leaf litter hides a lot, and you have to meticulous in your search methods. Even professional search teams miss subjects on occasion.

I wonder how well it was searched. Cadaver dog? Were the searchers trained? Leaf litter hides a lot, and you have to meticulous in your search methods. Even professional search teams miss subjects on occasion.
I wonder if it’s still woods or did they build houses on that property?

Gameman,
Have you heard anything up there? Any talk? I just wish someone talk.... I think about her often, and I didn't even know her!
Hi, I’m not really in-the-know enough to hear any talk. I was just thinking about her mother on the news, saying she has forgiven the person. I wish there was a way for her to get answers and move forward as much as possible. It’s been so long.

February 22, 2020 marks 35 years since Cherrie went missing. I still remember seeing her disappearance all over the news. I am hoping the news will have something about her 35 years missing. Maybe just maybe it will make someone talk.

This case is very frustrating. You'd think a van with a mountain scene painted on it would have been easy to locate.
Long ago I think I read one was found in kittaning. I believe it was on here a couple years ago. 35 years if the perp was say 30 he/she would be 65 more or less. Just wondering if somehow someone might be wanting to confess? Clear a conscience? Wishful thinking. I do remember the cult rumor and so close to the mines down there. The mines were searched.

'It's A Torment': Cherrie Mahan's Mother Still Searching 35 Years After She Disappeared From Butler Co.
To understand the depth of this mother’s despair you need to know this: “I got raped and had Cherrie when I was 16 years old and she was ‘IT’ for me. Everything! I never left that house without her, we were always together, we grew up together, she was my life.”

Janice believes there is a connection between her rape, Cherrie’s birth, and eight years later her disappearance “I do, I believe that but I can’t prove anything,” she says.

Janice McKinney says authorities did not believe her rape allegation and Cherrie’s biological father was never charged.

But she does not believe he was involved in her disappearance? “Not him personally but the people that he knows yes.”

Police are aware of McKinney’s suspicions and have told her the man is adamant in his denials. The only thing Trp. Long will say about suspects: “Anybody that was implicated, until we find evidence otherwise, they still would be considered a suspect.”

Likewise, the police say until they have evidence to the contrary, they have to assume there is still a chance Cherrie is alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back