GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandpa makes a VERY good point!
We just had an incident where some one walked into a school and killed a bunch of children. So to now have someone walk in and take a child, is just ridiculous.
gran_zps00696bbb.png

It seems odd that Nailia would quietly exit with the impostor. I wonder if she heard the person say they were N's mom or not. Surely she would know it was not really her mom.

So it makes me think it might be her Dad's girlfriend or sister or mother. I really hope it is a family custody battle.

Why haven't we heard anything about her father yet?

I wish we knew what the interaction was like in the classroom when she came for her . Did Nailla recognize her and smile and run over to her ........ did the woman hurry out the door or wait outside the door where maybe Nailla didn't even know who it was before she saw her? Because if it was a family friend , you would think Nailla would say HEY TRACY or HEY SUSIE , what are you doing here? and at least we would have another name. So very curious if the sub teacher has said or would say in the media what happened at that time.

What a horrid story! I hope this is okay...

One observation struck me immediately. In the stillshots from the video, Nailla is walking several feet in front of the abductor. The abductor doesn't seem concerned at all that Nailla may run away, etc, and they would be caught. I think most abductors would hold the child's hands or an arm or put arm around them -- do something to keep them close and keep them under control. This person does not seem afraid of that whatsoever.

Also, my daughter is in Kindergarten. A normal reaction from someone that age - if they didn't normally see their mom dressed like that - would be to pull back the covering and look at the face and say, 'Mom? Is that you?" But we don't see anything of that.

The whole thing is very very odd... :waitasec:

This is an odd story, with a lot of twists. The mother doesn't appear to be a muslim from birth, and her daughter is not dressed in muslim garb. But the mother is.

I don't think this is as it's being reported. I don't know what the story is, but I don't think a stranger muslim woman named "Tiffany" (REALLY????) appeared at the school and stole this child.

Makes sense.

I don't know where the "muslim" garb comes from on the mother - she's clearly not a muslim from birth. Maybe the dad is a traditional muslim? The child is not dressed as a muslim girl.

Mostof my Muslim acqauintances young children do not wear hijab. The girls are not expected to wear hijab until puberty though some may opt to start sooner based on family and community.

Just to confirm what snackcakes said, we lived on Egypt for awhile. Young girls don't wear the traditional garb until probably around puberty, I'd guess.

Sorry for three posts in a row, but the whole thing reminds me of Kyron, disappearing right after being dropped off at school. I hope Nailla's case has a happier ending and that she is found safe.

Sorry for three posts in a row, but the whole thing reminds me of Kyron, disappearing right after being dropped off at school. I hope Nailla's case has a happier ending and that she is found safe.
I agree, at least this time we have video.

I agree, at least this time we have video.

Agreed.

Which is so odd about this case, imo. This person felt so comfortable making small talk in the office and going to the classroom and casually walking away with little Nailla, like she had no cares at all. :waitasec:

First I was thinking it was a custody issue. But then I remembered about the older brother. So that makes no sense. [ I am assuming they have the same father.]

So I don't understand who would be behind this kidnapping. I hope it is not the worst possible scenario, once again. :please:

I know nothing about Muslims... so nobody take offense please!

Nailla's last name is Robinson. I'm guessing that is her father's last name. Her Mom has a "Muslim" sounding name.

If her father was not Muslim... would that cause an issue?
Could he have been cut out of her life for that reason... and now has decided he is going to take her back?

For what it's worth, Philadelphia has a fairly sizable Black Muslim community, so I don't think the hijab aspect is that unusual.

(I'm a former Philly resident and it remains my favorite city in the world. I'm so sad to see something like this happen to a child there. The city does have dangerous areas, yes, but I think it has an unfair reputation - plus, regardless of how "dangerous" a city is, it should never be dangerous to be a kid at school. It seems unreasonable at this point, but I sincerely hope that it's all a misunderstanding and Nailla will come home safe.)

This just occurred to me, and it's fairly off-the-wall, but are the school officials SURE that the person who took Nailla was a woman? It seems like hijab would be a pretty good way to disguise oneself...

(no disrespect meant AT ALL)

I know nothing about Muslims... so nobody take offense please!

Nailla's last name is Robinson. I'm guessing that is her father's last name. Her Mom has a "Muslim" sounding name.

If her father was not Muslim... would that cause an issue?
Could he have been cut out of her life for that reason... and now has decided he is going to take her back?

I was thinking along similar lines except that Nailla has an older brother in elementary school. So why wouldn't a relative take both and not just one child?

Good morning/evening, fellow WSers!

I dunno why, but I really thought she might have been found by the time I woke up in the morning.

On FB there is an interesting comment by MY on the photo of the abductor and Nailla on the stairs. Does anyone know what she means about "the hands"? Or why if this person isn't "Middle Eastern zone" it means the clothing was a disguise? :waitasec:

This just occurred to me, and it's fairly off-the-wall, but are the school officials SURE that the person who took Nailla was a woman? It seems like hijab would be a pretty good way to disguise oneself...

(no disrespect meant AT ALL)

I was thinking that even though it wouldn't be fool-proof, wearing gloves might be a good way to take away some gender cues. Not saying that it isn't legit an element of this style of clothing, just that the abductor could've taken advantage of that fact.

I was thinking along similar lines except that Nailla has an older brother in elementary school. So why wouldn't a relative take both and not just one child?

I don't know... plenty of people have a preference for one child or another.

Not to mention, I don't think we have any verification they have the same father, it's just an assumption? Or did I miss it?

I don't know... plenty of people have a preference for one child or another.

Not to mention, I don't think we have any verification they have the same father, it's just an assumption? Or did I miss it?

It's just an assumption, mostly based upon the mother being a practicing Muslim. I have not seen many Muslim women with various fathers for their young kids. They are usually quite strict about that. JMO

The perp does seem to wabble a bit the way pregnant ladies do. Note having to hold on to the railing going down the stairs. I wonder if she miscarried recently and this is some sort of mental break down taking some one elses kid.
Also noticed she even planned out having her hands hidden wearing black gloves. I wonder if this was just because it's cold, or to hide fingerprints.
Definitely sounding more and more planned out, and less random stranger.
perp_zpsf0732140.png

It's just an assumption, mostly based upon the mother being a practicing Muslim. I have not seen many Muslim women with various fathers for their young kids. They are usually quite strict about that. JMO

Would Robinson be an expected last name for a Muslim woman's child?
Would it be okay for them to have a child with a non Muslim?

Like I said, I know nothing about this.
All the Muslim's I've known of have had obviously Muslim last names.

So it peaked my interest... and made me seriously consider a custody issue if we are dealing with a non Muslim father. :twocents:

What a horrid story! I hope this is okay...

One observation struck me immediately. In the stillshots from the video, Nailla is walking several feet in front of the abductor. The abductor doesn't seem concerned at all that Nailla may run away, etc, and they would be caught. I think most abductors would hold the child's hands or an arm or put arm around them -- do something to keep them close and keep them under control. This person does not seem afraid of that whatsoever.

Also, my daughter is in Kindergarten. A normal reaction from someone that age - if they didn't normally see their mom dressed like that - would be to pull back the covering and look at the face and say, 'Mom? Is that you?" But we don't see anything of that.

The whole thing is very very odd... :waitasec:

FWIW...Victoria Stafford's abductor walked size by size with her. Not holding her hand nor had a weapon. Some believe Tori knew her abductor but the convicted killer said she didn't know Tori. She knew her mom but never met Tori.

FWIW...Victoria Stafford's abductor walked size by size with her. Not holding her hand nor had a weapon. Some believe Tori knew her abductor but the convicted killer said she didn't know Tori. She knew her mom but never met Tori.

I have been thinking about (and trying not to think about) this.

Would Robinson be an expected last name for a Muslim woman's child?
Would it be okay for them to have a child with a non Muslim?

Like I said, I know nothing about this.
All the Muslim's I've known of have had obviously Muslim last names.

So it peaked my interest... and made me seriously consider a custody issue if we are dealing with a non Muslim father. :twocents:

I guess the first thing would be to figure out if the older child also has the same father. Because I would think he would take both of his young children, not just one. JMO

But I do agree that this feels like some kind of familial abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf