PA PA - Corey Edkin, 2, New Columbia, 12 Oct 1986

No problem,anyway Abby works as a liason for the FBI with the families of missing children.Who better to help deal with the problems and emotions than someone that went through it for 10 months.Also Sam aspires to be a national spokesman for missing children.He really has grown to be a great young man.

Sam was my assistant best man at my wedding(my son was 5 at the time and was my best man).He's now about 6'1" and 200lbs.Abby is my mother in laws younger sister.We were out with her for lunch on the day Steve took Sam.It was my wifes birthday.Sam was on a visitation with his father.Steve had regular visits and Abby never restricted when he could see Sam.She is an excellent mother so there rally was no reason for him to do it at all.

Steve stole Sam's college fund,which is what the money they lived on for the 10 months.The "mystery person " that turned Steve in was a female cousin of his that lived in Texas.Steve told Sam that Abby was dead and made Sam go undewr the name Ben while they were on the run.

someone entered his home and snatched him from his mother's bed in New Columbia, PA. There are no solid leads even after a aged progressed photo of Corey was created. Please take a moment and look at his photos. I strongly feel he was taken by someone who wanted despartely to raise a child. I believe he is alive and I pray that he is found.

His case strongly needs to be brought into the spotlight again by the media and LE.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=601130&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

lookin' I sent you a PM. I will try to email you later today. I am looking forward to speaking with you.

I am going to the HBG Pa state library tomorrow to look up some information on this case. I was wondering if anyone knows the parents name. I did some research and was unable to come up with any names of the family ect... I am also interested in finding out the street address of where they lived. If anyone has any info that is not already posted please contact me. My name is Holly and my email is Holly572@ptd.net

There was a new article that was printed today in the Daily Item about corey if anyone would like to read it please let me know and I will e-mail it to you.

From The Daily Item article (http://www.dailyitem.com/archive/2006/0327/local/stories/02local.htm):

"Carol Rovenolt, who is married to Corey's grandfather Ron, said some family members believe some people do know where Corey is. She said she knew of a family member who took a lie detector test and added that the case had gone to a grand jury.

"A notary public over in New Columbia told us her son was a truck diver who went by the Edkin place and saw the boy get into a car with two women with bag hats on," said Carol who lives in the Turbotville area.

She said the son reported seeing the same car with the boy in traveling in New York state.

She said her husband doesn't allow himself to dwell on the case. "He was around it at the time," she said.

She said Corey's mother Debbie has remarried and believes she is living in the Selinsgrove area. She didn't know her last name.

Corey's grandmother Myrle Plotts lives in Millmont but has an unlisted phone number."

I have always believed he is alive. All it will take is 1 person to come forward and the puzzle will start to make sense.

I believe Corey's father still misses him and wants him back.

Does anyone know anything about the mom's friend that stayed with him the night he was taken?

Corey's father does miss him and wants him back in his life.

Happy Belated (June 11th) Birthday!!!!

Corey I hope you were able to celebrate your 22nd birthday!!!

I am sure your family was thinking of you!!!

I pray new leads will be generated soon and resolution come to this case!!!

It has been 20 years since Corey was taken from his mother's bed while she went to the store. I can't believe so much time has passed and no solid leads have been produced. Someone knows who took him and why. I hope and pray his case can still be solved.

SadieJane said:
From The Daily Item article (http://www.dailyitem.com/archive/2006/0327/local/stories/02local.htm):

"Carol Rovenolt, who is married to Corey's grandfather Ron, said some family members believe some people do know where Corey is. She said she knew of a family member who took a lie detector test and added that the case had gone to a grand jury.

"A notary public over in New Columbia told us her son was a truck diver who went by the Edkin place and saw the boy get into a car with two women with bag hats on," said Carol who lives in the Turbotville area.

She said the son reported seeing the same car with the boy in traveling in New York state.

She said her husband doesn't allow himself to dwell on the case. "He was around it at the time," she said.

She said Corey's mother Debbie has remarried and believes she is living in the Selinsgrove area. She didn't know her last name.

Corey's grandmother Myrle Plotts lives in Millmont but has an unlisted phone number."
Usher did you try contacting Carol Rovenolt who's giving the info in the quote above? Maybe she has more info that could be helpful.

Bump

This month will mark 24 years that Corey has been missing. Come home soon sweet boy.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2771
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

There is a Trooper listed as POC for Corey's case on Namus. For those that work getting not only the missing listed in NamUs, perhaps a nudge for DNA entry would be good?

What I find so odd is why the mother did not send the friend to the store at 12.10am to get what ever she wanted.......

"Probe into 1986 disappearance of Union County child remains active"

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/10/probe_into_1986_disappearance.html

It was 29 years ago today that 2-year-old Corey Edkin was reported missing from this mother's home in New Columbia in Union County.

The leads have dried up but the investigation remains active, state Trooper Adrian Bordner said. He is latest lead investigator assigned to the case.
James Edkin of Danville believes his son still is alive. "The worst is not knowing," he said. There have been a lot of rumors over the years but nothing has come of them, he said.

"I always hope he is safe," said Corey's mother, Deb Mowery of Selinsgrove. she said. "It's hard on the family. I'd love to find him but I don't want to destroy his life."

Police followed up leads, some from as far away as Hawaii, but all proved to be negative. Davis and another investigator went to New York City to check on one of them.

From the beginning, police have considered the disappearance a kidnaping. They have theories about what happened but since they are just conjecture, they will not discuss them.

There have been some recent developments in the Christopher Abeyta case. Three men have come forward saying that they think they are Christopher. DNA was taken from two of these men. One of these men, whose first name is Corey, has commented on the Christopher Abeyta Facebook page. I was thinking that instead of being Christopher, he may be this child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back