Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/pittsburgh...earching-for-missing-north-side-man/490995274

attachment.php

RE: Sunday's Canceled Search

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 6:30 AM, WTAE News (Channel 4 TV) ran a brief story that Sunday's search had been called off. WTAE did not provide any additional details. There was no story to provide any link to about this.

The Facebook link above may provide an explanation about the canceled search.

The News Reporting on this story has been inconsistent from the time he was spotted (11:30, 11:39, 11:49) to where he was spotted (Wood St T station, Smithfield & Liberty, Mkt Square, etc).

It is very possible he caught the T to the Northside. He then had a several block walk to his apartment building. The Northside is not the safest neighborhood to be wandering out and about late at night in an intoxicated state.

Screen capture from video showing DJ walking through Katz Plaza:

Dakota_James_in_Katz_Plaza%20_OP_1_CP__20170208004544004_7258628_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Location of Katz Plaza in reference to Wood Street T Station:

attachment.php

In the image DJ is looking at his phone, does not appear to be "drunk", appears to be walking in regular-gait position.

It is DJ, check his shoes, they appear to be moccasins, as reported.

Attachments

• DJ walking toward apt through Katz Plaza.png
    DJ walking toward apt through Katz Plaza.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 302
Was this picture taken after the co-worker left in the uber? Would be interesting to see the video clip instead of just a picture.

Was this picture taken after the co-worker left in the uber? Would be interesting to see the video clip instead of just a picture.

The time-stamp of the screen captured frame is reported as 11:46 PM, seven minutes after DJ was seen on video in front of the Wood Street T station.

What the heck?

http://www.wpxi.com/news/pittsburgh...nce-video-of-missing-north-side-man/490995274

This article shows the image where DJ is walking alone through Katz Plaza at reported time-stamp of 11:46 PM.

The article then reports DJ was seen on video with a co-worker (who left in an Uber) in front of the Wood Street T station time-stamped at 11:49 PM.

One or both of those times are wrong...

...frickin' media.

He doesn't look drunk. But it's hard to tell from just a still.

Is he texting somebody? Trying to get an uber?

I doubt Uber. At that location he appears to be walking toward his apt. since he is one block north of the T station, which is the direction he would walk if he were walking toward a bridge to go to the North Side.

I doubt Uber. At that location he appears to be walking toward his apt. since he is one block north of the T station, which is the direction he would walk if he were walking toward a bridge to go to the North Side.

Not sure how hard it is to get an uber there, but I sometimes start walking in the direction I need to go while trying to order an uber (if I can't get one, at least I'm moving in the right direction).

Regardless, I doubt he was randomly surfing the web or playing a game or whatever while walking at that time of night. Looks fairly deserted.

I would like to see a map of where the bar, the T Station and Katz Plaza are in relation to each other. I am somewhat familiar with the general area but something about seeing it on a map would help to better visualize his probable routes that night.

Local chiming in. The photo/direction he is walking at Katz Plaza indicate he is heading towards the Andy Warho (7th Street)l bridge to get to the north side. This all but eliminates the T. Getting on at Wood Street doesn't make much sense as from Market Square he would walk past the Gateway Station to get to the Wood Street Station. Gateway is the last stop downtown before the T crosses under the Allegheny River into the North Shore. The North Side drop off point isn't much of an advantage to walking. It may be quicker to walk to the North Side Terminal from downtown rather than waiting for the T and that is probably what he was thinking. The only other option to walking is Uber or bus service and there are regular buses to the North Side from Katz Plaza.

If he was walking I hope he made it across. There is a Museum and multiple businesses directly on the other side of that bridge. There is also an entrance to the HOV lane which possibly has cameras.

The North Side is a large neighborhood and I'm not sure exactly where his destination was but the general area isn't the friendliest. There are also some encampments at the parkway underpasses on the other side of the bridge.

The fear I have is that there is nothing on phone pings. He is about a 45 second walk to the 7th street bridge in that photo and his phone appears to have juice.

Local chiming in. The photo/direction he is walking at Katz Plaza indicate he is heading towards the Andy Warho (7th Street)l bridge to get to the north side. This all but eliminates the T. Getting on at Wood Street doesn't make much sense as from Market Square he would walk past the Gateway Station to get to the Wood Street Station. Gateway is the last stop downtown before the T crosses under the Allegheny River into the north shore. The North Side drop off point isn't much of an advantage to walking. It may be quicker to walk to the North Side Terminal from downtown rather than waiting for the T and that is probably what he was thinking. The only other option to walking is Uber or bus service and there are regular buses to the North Side from Katz Plaza.

If he was walking I hope he made it across. There is a Museum and multiple business directly on the other side of that bridge. There is also an entrance to the HOV lane which possible has cameras.

The North Side is a large neighborhood and I'm not sure exactly where his destination was but the general area isn't the friendliest. There are also some encampments at the underpasses on the other side of the bridge.

The fear I have is that there is nothing on phone pings. He is about a 45 second walk to the 7th street bridge in that photo and his phone appears to have juice.
What does juiced mean?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members