Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

She posted that same info on the 10th.
It's only the 12th today. The 24th is still a long way off to be having a released body at a funeral home. My guess is that the ME gave them a date earlier this week regarding when the body will be released (close to 24th). I suspect that more details will come out closer to that date or maybe after the service.
It would be agonizing to wait so long to bury a loved one, especially when you've already searched for weeks on end to find them.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Information Pam James posted on Facebook on March 10th was for the Pittsburgh memorial service on March 18th. From my understanding there will be no body there. She just posted the arrangements for Frederick, Maryland today. Memorial service on Friday, March 24th and funeral services on Saturday, March 25th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

c753a1538f5d1518d471cb793dc41ab8.jpg

The account was updated to state money raised will be used for funeral and other expenses.

Information Pam James posted on Facebook on March 10th was for the Pittsburgh memorial service on March 18th. From my understanding there will be no body there. She just posted the arrangements for Frederick, Maryland today. Memorial service on Friday, March 24th and funeral services on Saturday, March 25th.

<modsnip>

Perhaps you missed this post on the 10th, it's the same info and has no mention of Pittsburgh. Today's has an updated funeral time.
It's important when fact-finding to always be as accurate as possible. This is how details, timelines etc. get muddied up and cause confusion.

I realize this detail isn't important in solving this case. I'm using it as an example to show how important it is for any of us check whether what we are stating is accurate. It's not about being right or wrong but more about the importance of taking the the time to research/review info before we put out there.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27771578

bbm

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:
Examine the prevalence of alcohol and its contributory role in unintentional fatal river drowning in Australia to inform strategies for prevention.

RESULTS:
Alcohol was known to be involved in 314 cases (40.8%), 279 recorded a positive BAC, 196 (70.3%) recorded a BAC of &#8805;0.05%. 40.3% of adult victims had a BAC of &#8805;0.20%. Known alcohol involvement was found to be more likely for victims who drowned as a result of jumping in (&#967;2=7.8; p<0.01)

DISCUSSION:
The number of people who drown with alcohol in their bloodstream is concerning and challenging for prevention.

CONCLUSION:
Alcohol contributes to fatal unintentional drowning in Australian rivers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26083689

Abstract

OBJECTIVES:
i) to identify factors that contribute to the global trend of the higher incidence of male drowning relative to females, and; ii) to explore relationships between such factors from mortality data in New Zealand.

RESULTS:
Alcohol was involved in a high proportion of Accidental Immersion drownings (61%) and was highest for males aged 20-24 years.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26728005

Abstract

INTRODUCTION:
Drowning is a leading cause of unintentional death. Rivers are a common location for drowning. Unlike other location-specific prevention efforts (home swimming pools and beaches), little is known about prevention targeting river drowning deaths.

RESULTS:
Risk factors identified included age, falls into water, swimming, using watercraft, sex and alcohol.

CONCLUSIONS:
This systematic review has identified that river drowning deaths are an issue in many regions and countries around the world. Further work to address gaps in the published research to date would benefit prevention efforts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2691172

Abstract

cold-shock response can result in the death or serious incapacitation of an individual long before general hypothermia develops. As such, this response is probably responsible for the majority of annual open-water immersion deaths.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2393476

Abstract

We test the hypothesis that there are host or environmental factors that significantly affect the likelihood of alcohol involvement in drownings. 41% of deaths were alcohol-associated

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23148589

bbm

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Outcomes of patients who fall from bridges lower than 160 feet above water have been poorly characterized. Pittsburgh offers a unique setting in which to study these patients as the city has 41 major bridges, only four of which are above 70 feet.

OBJECTIVE:

This study examined patients who fell or jumped from Pittsburgh bridges over a 10-year period for their characteristics, injury patterns, and the effects of prehospital care on outcomes.

METHODS:

We conducted a retrospective cohort study of patients who jumped or fell from bridges in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, over a 10-year period. Subjects were identified through manual searches of three data repositories: City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Pittsburgh River Rescue, and Allegheny County Medical Examiner records. Data abstracted included patient name, age, gender, date of birth, and address; incident date, time, location, and river conditions; prehospital interventions; emergency department intervention; hospital disposition; evidence of prior or subsequent psychiatric admission; toxicology results or evidence of substance involvement; and causes of death.

RESULTS:

Seventy-four subjects were identified. Most were male (80%) young adults (mean age 34.3 years) who lived near the bridges from which they jumped or fell. Mortality from bridges less than 50 feet high was 18%; mortality from bridges 180 feet high was 75%. All patients who required prehospital interventions beyond warming or intravenous (IV) fluids died. Injury patterns were similar to those described for high-bridge patients, concentrated in the trunk or skull, but low-bridge injuries were milder and less common. Cause of death was predominantly drowning (84%). More than a third (47.3%) of the patients had previous psychiatric histories, but evidence of a previous attempt to jump was uncommon (5.4%).

CONCLUSIONS:

People who jump from low- to medium-rise bridges may suffer injuries, but most often die from drowning. EMS interventions beyond water rescue are typically not helpful, emphasizing the importance of prevention and a water rescue plan.

Clearance below the Three Sisters bridges (the bridges at Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Streets are referred to as the 'Three Sisters' because there are nearly identical) is ~ 40 feet.

Poll

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?332090-What-do-you-think-happened-to-Dakota

<modsnip>

Perhaps you missed this post on the 10th, it's the same info and has no mention of Pittsburgh. Today's has an updated funeral time.
It's important when fact-finding to always be as accurate as possible. This is how details, timelines etc. get muddied up and cause confusion.

I realize this detail isn't important in solving this case. I'm using it as an example to show how important it is for any of us check whether what we are stating is accurate. It's not about being right or wrong but more about the importance of taking the the time to research/review info before we put out there.

Trust me Tibbar without a doubt I know my info on the memorial posts is correct. Dates, times, locations, etc. I made no error. This info is factbased.

Something is not right...Body was released to family. They should know if there was any sign of trauma to body and believe me they would be vocal about it. Blood work though might not be back yet but I think it would of been rushed because of publicity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is not right...Body was released to family. They should know if there was any sign of trauma to body and believe me they would be vocal about it. Blood work though might not be back yet but I think it would of been rushed because of publicity...

I agree within lets say 36 hours whatever --the autopsy "knows" its been known. Visually bodies and organs can tell much.

The only paragraph that needs to be added is the tox screen.

Waiting for the tox screen is a stall IMO.

I feel this is a repeat of the Paul Kochu case. Autopsy results are withheld until months after the funeral, and then the COD is ruled drowning and MOD is ruled inconclusive. The family has no choice but to accept the results, since there is very little evidence available with which they can mount a challenge.

Something is off with Dakota's case. If he jumped off a bridge (highly unlikely) there should be film of him on the bridge.

If he walked to the river bank under/near the bridge, there should be film of him crossing or on FDB. IMO, something happened in the alleyway behind Katz Plaza and the body was later placed in the Ohio River near where he was found.

I don't believe he entered at the Bridge and floated downstream over the Emsworth Dam, clothes intact with no damage to his body. That doesn't make sense.

How do you know the body was released to the family? I couldn't find anything in the news about that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cellophane