PA PA - Daneishya Neal 17 & dau Eliana, 5-mo, both in custody of Lancaster Co Children & Youth, left Christ Home for Children, Warminster, 23 Mar 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1711598674898.png

Missing Juveniles; WT-24-03275 On 3-23-24, the Warminster Township Police Department (WTPD) responded to Christ Home for Children, 800 York Road, Cottage #28, Warminster, PA 18974 for the report of two missing juveniles. Upon arrival, it was reported to WTPD that a 17-year-old left the premises on her own accord with her 5-month-old child earlier on this date.

The 17-year-old left a message with staff thanking them for all of their help and advising she was "going her own way" with her 5-month-old child.

Both the mother and child are under the custody of Lancaster County Children and Youth (Case Worker - Ms. Dana Glover/717-295-5973). WTPD is asking for the public's assistance in locating the juveniles. If anyone knows of both/either of their whereabouts, please contact the police at 215-672-1000 or the case worker directly.

Thank you in advance for your valued time and careful assistance with this matter.

17-Year-Old Mother: Daneishya Nicole Neal, b/f, 5'3", 220 lbs., last seen wearing a cream color sweat suit with a blue and white t-shirt

5-Month-Old Child: Eliana Rae Neal, 19 inches, 8.8 lbs.

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: CASE: Missing Juveniles; WT-24-03275

(That must be the size of the baby at birth -- 19 in, 8.8 lbs.)

Authorities believe the girl left on her own. Neal reportedly left a message with staff thanking them for their help and letting them know she was “going her own way” with her daughter, police said in a release.

1712579693932.png

17-year-old mother and her 5-month-old daughter.
Warminster Police said that they responded Saturday to the Christ Home for Children, 800 York Rd., Cottage No. 28 for the report of two missing juveniles.
Police said a 17-year-old left the premises on her own accord with her 5-month-old child earlier on Saturday.
The 17-year-old left a message with staff thanking them for all of their help and advising she was "going her own way" with her 5-month-old child, police said.
Both the mother and child are under the custody of Lancaster County Children and Youth (Case Worker Dana Glover).

Daneishya Nicole Neal is described as 5'3", 220 lbs., and was last seen wearing a cream color sweat suit with a blue and white T-shirt. Her child is described as 19 inches and weighing 8.8 lbs.
Anyone knowing their whereabouts should contact police at 215-672-1000 or the case worker directly.

I can't imagine the things this poor girl has been through. I hope she is able to find a safe, stable place to grow and heal.

I thought one was emancipated when you became a parent. I guess not.

I thought one was emancipated when you became a parent. I guess not.
In PA it's apparently up to the courts, on a case-by-case basis.
Pennsylvania Emancipation Law
  • Age of majority: 18
  • Emancipation statute: None
  • Minimum age under statute: N/A
Pennsylvania does not have a specific statute providing an emancipation procedure. As a branch of the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas explains, any finding of emancipation is based on the specific facts of a situation. A hearing must be held for a court to determine whether a finding of emancipation is appropriate, but this hearing is usually part of another proceeding already before the court involving the minor and their parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back