Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

True. I have a sterling silver bangle bracelet that came in a lot I purchased with "love Jim & Alma" engraved on the inside. I have no idea who they are, but it's a lovely bracelet.
Good to know! Who else would be able to identify that about your bracelet? I wouldn't know anything about my best friends rings. A sister, yes.

True. I have a sterling silver bangle bracelet that came in a lot I purchased with "love Jim & Alma" engraved on the inside. I have no idea who they are, but it's a lovely bracelet.

I have a pretty little pin that belonged to Mr. Carbuff's aunt's aunt. I had to have it repaired; the jeweler said the markings on the back showed it was made in Eastern Europe in the 1880s. Russia maybe. I don't even know the aunt's aunt's name.

The initial is now being reported as a "C"
I am guessing this women was a youth run away or has very little family or long term homeless. So much detail about her with no ID yet.

Let's say there is family looking for her across the country. How does it all work? Does the family have to actively look daily for unclaimed bodies or is there a network that reaches out to them? How does one who lives in California know about a Pennsylvania recovered body. What branch of law enforcement handles this type of case? Do they reach out to other law agencies? What happened before the internet? I don't think there is a great system to find families as I naively assumed. I think it is much more difficult.

I live in Italy and I don't know how it works in the USA but if I had a relative who disappeared every day I would go into Namus to see if I can find a compatible UID; to say here in Italy we do not have a database of the disappeared if we exclude that of the transmission Chi l'ha visto? I find Namus a great tool for helping families.

Has anyone submitted Denise Baffa (posted by a former WS member) as a possible match? The resemblances are uncanny, imo.

MOO JMO

To be honest I'm not totally up to date and I don't know if Denise was submitted. I remember that in the beginning Jane Doe was estimated to be a tall woman, IIRR around 5'7, but now the Namus file says 5' 3"(63 inches), Estimated. That confuses me.

To be honest I'm not totally up to date and I don't know if Denise was submitted. I remember that in the beginning Jane Doe was estimated to be a tall woman, IIRR around 5'7, but now the Namus file says 5' 3"(63 inches), Estimated. That confuses me.

Doe Network says 5'3" to 5'10"...
At one point DB lived in Etters, PA. She frequented Camden, NJ and Philadelphia, PA... both locations are not far from where the remains were found. DB also went by her married name (Reese) but "Authorities believe she may be homeless." Don't know what happened to her husband and couldn't find who reported her missing, but I have a gut feeling DB is our JD... everything pretty much fits.

MOO JMOO

The woman's identity has not been discovered, but Pennsylvania State Police are planning to provide an update on the woman's identity on May 17.

According to state police, genealogy testing led authorities to identify the woman.

The woman's identity has not been discovered, but Pennsylvania State Police are planning to provide an update on the woman's identity on May 17.

According to state police, genealogy testing led authorities to identify the woman.
Wow! It isn't typical to make an announcement to make an announcement at a later date. May our Jane Doe find her name.

I can't help to find the wording strange. The woman's identity is not discovered and at the same time genealogy testing led authorities to identify the woman. Could it be they found familial connections but not her exact identity?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan
Back